Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis2280
    replied
    No dillon in denver. Id rather see portis traded than us get corey dillon.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Dillon's a bad apple on an improving team. Seems to me, a team improving would want its best players playing. HMmmmmmm. Dillon must not be what he used to be. Plus, he's a pain in their azz'.
    Denver has how many rb's from last year? Plenty.
    Did New England win with a 1500 yd. runner? No.
    They won it with D.
    Does Denver have that sort of D? Not yet.
    CB would be a healthy start, plus some 'luck' w/injuries.

Leave a comment:

• want2bAbronco
    replied
    he may not have proven himself "yet", but you cant deny the talent QG has.

trade CP and resign MA! problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• elwayfan2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncochamps
    ok quit the bullsh-it talk about dillon being in orange and blue next year....he isnt worth it. He fumbles to much and he bit-ches to damn much. QG is a good RB for those of you who dont think so yall are actually the one's sucking di ck.......you dont see talent when its right there in front of you so all of you need to shut up and leave it alone
    He had 1 good game
    Against a bad Rushing D
    He has not proved himself

Leave a comment:

• elwayfan2k
    replied
    Originally posted by Portis2280
    Dude i dont no how anyone could want dillon but not want clarett. Dillon is not someone id like to see in a denver uniform. He is more about himself than portis is. He is like a to or keyshawn. Why does everyone hate clarett so much. The only reason he even tried to get into the draft is cuz he was suspended by ohio state and couldn't play football. As far as i can tell he's just a kid who wants to play ball and ohio state wont let him so he figured he'd try the nfl draft. If people think he thinks he's the best just cuz he tested the nfl drafts rules for elegibility and won then come to reality man. Evidentally him doing so was a good thing because the courts found it wrong for the nfl to have that rule. Now dont get me wrong i dont want to see highschool seniors coming out cuz thats bad news like some kid dieing just waiting to happen. But if you go to college at least a year i say screw it why not. If the kid isn't good in the nfl it's his own fault. Kids coming out early is just the same as portis wanting a new contract right now. He wants the money now in case he gets hurt down the road. The college kids feel the same way im sure they want the money now in case they get hurt down the road. Im sick of hearing about clarett and how he's a cancer and he's arrogant, and he thinks he's the best, blah blah blah. The kid fought the nfl and won legally. He stood at a podium and said "hey if you think i could help your team then great draft me but if you dont think i could then dont. Id like to go in the first round just like anyone else would but if not i just want to be picked."
    2 reasons
    -Corey Dillion is a great back and hes going to want out of Cincy now that theyre leaning towards Rudy as theyre stating RB.
    -With our O-line his potential is unlimited.
    -Ive got no personal problem with clarret i personaly think you should be able to come straight out of highschool if your good enough. However tje problem is he refused to work out at the combine, hes been out of football for nearly 2 years, and the fact at his press conference at the Combine*Where he announced he wont be practicing* he was looking pudgy
    Overall id have a feeling Shanny would shut Dillion up, Plus whats he got to complain about in Denver? Great QB, Little to no RB competition *With Portis gone of course*, and a great D

Leave a comment:

• Broncochamps
    replied
    ok quit the bullsh-it talk about dillon being in orange and blue next year....he isnt worth it. He fumbles to much and he bit-ches to damn much. QG is a good RB for those of you who dont think so yall are actually the one's sucking di ck.......you dont see talent when its right there in front of you so all of you need to shut up and leave it alone

Leave a comment:

• Portis2280
    replied
    Dude i dont no how anyone could want dillon but not want clarett. Dillon is not someone id like to see in a denver uniform. He is more about himself than portis is. He is like a to or keyshawn. Why does everyone hate clarett so much. The only reason he even tried to get into the draft is cuz he was suspended by ohio state and couldn't play football. As far as i can tell he's just a kid who wants to play ball and ohio state wont let him so he figured he'd try the nfl draft. If people think he thinks he's the best just cuz he tested the nfl drafts rules for elegibility and won then come to reality man. Evidentally him doing so was a good thing because the courts found it wrong for the nfl to have that rule. Now dont get me wrong i dont want to see highschool seniors coming out cuz thats bad news like some kid dieing just waiting to happen. But if you go to college at least a year i say screw it why not. If the kid isn't good in the nfl it's his own fault. Kids coming out early is just the same as portis wanting a new contract right now. He wants the money now in case he gets hurt down the road. The college kids feel the same way im sure they want the money now in case they get hurt down the road. Im sick of hearing about clarett and how he's a cancer and he's arrogant, and he thinks he's the best, blah blah blah. The kid fought the nfl and won legally. He stood at a podium and said "hey if you think i could help your team then great draft me but if you dont think i could then dont. Id like to go in the first round just like anyone else would but if not i just want to be picked."

Leave a comment:

• Pierce
    replied
    Corey Dillon as the heir apparent to Portis would be a step up from the rumored drafting of Maurice Clarett. Dillon is a whiner, but at least his whining has some legitimacy. He wants to be on a winning team. Clarett thinks he's all that after one season in college. Dillon's dealing in reality, and Clarett's not.

Leave a comment:

• HawkI
    replied
    I feel that we should try to push the deal through. If it's done I'd hope we keep Mike Anderson. Griffin and Anderson both have experience at runningback in the Bronco offense (west coast types traditionally utilize a "one back set.") I think that their styles would compliment each other well, and lighten the burden. As far as people mentioning Dillion, my opinion is NO WAY. I was upset enough when I read Portis' comments at the Pro Bowl... I'm not a fan of morale destroyers (Dillion, Keyshawn, etc.) Trade with Washington and hope to get Kellan Winslow or Robert Gallery (From my screen-name you should be able to tell I'm biased!) When we consider WR why not see if Champ wishes to play a few plays both ways?

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Re: Heres what i would do if im Shanny

Originally posted by elwayfan2k
    -Pull the trigger on the Portis Bailey Trade only if Redskins agree to give us theyre 1st round draft pick instead of second or swap 1st rounders.
    -Bust off a trade to get Corey Dillion *Possibley are late 1st round draft pick and another draft pick*
    -As much as i love Anderson let him go. If we can get Dillion were going to need to clear some major salary cap room. However if we cant get Dillion keep him
    -RESIGN AL WILSON ALLREADY DAMNIT HES THE FUTURE OF OUR D !!!
    -Get on your knees and beg Shannon to stay one more season.
    -WIth the fifth pick in the draft take Larry Fitzgerald, If hes gone pick up Kellin Winslow, If hes gone get Chris gamble, If hes gone pick up Roy Williams, and if all those guys are gone then that means no ones picked up Eli Manning so pick him up
    -With the rest of the draft picks Pick up Backups for the D and a young QB. Also pick up a RB to be safe. I know it makes you all cringe but Clarret if he slips down to third round or below

So now you know what i would do, thoughts, opinions?
    i agree only if its there 1st round pick...4get dillion will need all the money we can save/get to sign bailey, AW, gold, droughns n mayb berry n keep anderson we need 2 FB's...thats alot of money right there we may not have...

but i no somebody or bodies wont get signed so w/ the 5th pick take the DE from USC im banking on r young WR's to come through...wont need gamble w/ bailey, walls n herndon...w/ the rest of our picks will b for depth at DB, RB, QB, OL, DL....

Leave a comment:

• EddyMac87
    replied
    Originally posted by DieWithMileHigh
    Now I know I'm not aware of CP's contract but shouldn't this guy be asking for some serious cash soon. If that's true why grab dillon that acomplishes nothing but raise are salary anyway. Everyone says who has the ball can run behind are O line. So let's test that theory on QG and get a WR to replace McCaffrey or even a 1 year tryout of the freak JK from the Titans.
    Thats true about the RB position, but i'd still fell more comfortable if dillion was back there. As for the freak, we cant afford him. And shouldnt go out of our way to get him.

Leave a comment:

• DieWithMileHigh
    replied
    Now I know I'm not aware of CP's contract but shouldn't this guy be asking for some serious cash soon. If that's true why grab dillon that acomplishes nothing but raise are salary anyway. Everyone says who has the ball can run behind are O line. So let's test that theory on QG and get a WR to replace McCaffrey or even a 1 year tryout of the freak JK from the Titans.

Leave a comment:

• elwayfan2k
    replied
    Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
    ok I gotta admit it would be nice to see Dillon in a Broncos Uni next year...and that's true QG ran against a poor rush D, but i'm saying...you said you'd pull the trigger on the trade THEN WHY WOULD WE NEED HIM??? and if this trade would happen than try to get Corey...or just trade him for someone...before the free agency..
    Why would we need quentin? Because he would be a reliable number 2 guy for Dillion. Also because hes not taking up much Cap space

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by elwayfan2k
    I am sick and tired of the Griffin **** sucking!!!
    He had 1 good game against a poor Rush D!!!
    Corey Dillion is a proven game an and game out RB with a less then stellar O-Line in Cincy.
    And we know hes got huge game ability*Anyone remember when he set the single game record. I know i tryed to forget it *
    He would make a fantastic addition and ya deffinately move O neal to CB. Thats what he loves to play let him play it
    EDITED
    Also if we got Gamble that would nearly guarntee us a top 5 Pass D for the next 7 or 8 years *Barriung Injury and Gamble being a horrible flop*
    ok I gotta admit it would be nice to see Dillon in a Broncos Uni next year...and that's true QG ran against a poor rush D, but i'm saying...you said you'd pull the trigger on the trade THEN WHY WOULD WE NEED HIM??? and if this trade would happen than try to get Corey...or just trade him for someone...before the free agency..

Leave a comment:

• elwayfan2k
    replied
    I am sick and tired of the Griffin **** sucking!!!
    He had 1 good game against a poor Rush D!!!
    Corey Dillion is a proven game an and game out RB with a less then stellar O-Line in Cincy.
    And we know hes got huge game ability*Anyone remember when he set the single game record. I know i tryed to forget it *
    He would make a fantastic addition and ya deffinately move O neal to CB. Thats what he loves to play let him play it
    EDITED
    Also if we got Gamble that would nearly guarntee us a top 5 Pass D for the next 7 or 8 years *Barriung Injury and Gamble being a horrible flop*
    Last edited by elwayfan2k; 02-23-2004, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X