Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we can't beat the Chiefs at home. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we can't beat the Chiefs at home. . .

then what makes anyone think we can beat Indianapolis at home in the playoffs?

I'm not trying to be negative--I'm trying to be realistic. If we want to make it to the superbowl this year, we have to go through the Colts. And we're going to have to do it in their house. So--give me your best argument for why we'll be able to beat the Colts in the postseason. I, unfortunately, am having trouble crafting one.

Thanks to SNK16 for the AWESOME sig!!!

Originally posted by elwaywasbest
    then what makes anyone think we can beat Indianapolis at home in the playoffs?

I'm not trying to be negative--I'm trying to be realistic. If we want to make it to the superbowl this year, we have to go through the Colts. And we're going to have to do it in their house. So--give me your best argument for why we'll be able to beat the Colts in the postseason. I, unfortunately, am having trouble crafting one.
    Exactly, I never ever thought we had a chance. Everyone thought we had a chance last year, but no one acknowledged the fact that they got better. The Colts improved again this year, this time on D. We never had a shot. I agree with Chad Johnson, the Bengals are the only team designed to hang with the Colts because they have the system and the players that allow them to get into a shootout, because they are unstoppable on offense. A shootout is the only way, and quite frankly we could never match point for point with the colts.
    Elway1983
    Practice Squad
    Last edited by Elway1983; 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
      Exactly, I never ever thought we had a chance. Everyone thought we had a chance last year, but no one acknowledged the fact that they got better. The Colts improved again this year, this time on D. We never had a shot. I agree with Chad Johnson, the Bengals are the only team designed to hang with the Colts because they have the system and the players that allow them to get into a shootout, because they are unstoppable on offense. A shootout is the only way, and frankly we could never match point for point with the colts.
      man trying to beat the colts by getting into a shoot out is like trying to put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it...didn't they learn last time?

Comment

There is NOOO doubt the the Colts are the best team in the league. There is NO doubt that they are better than we are.. RIGht now.

But its just that "any team, can beat any team, on any given SUnday." If you don't play them, you definatly don't stand a chance of beating them. IF we are able to meet them, that means we made it ALL the way to the AFC Championship game. Is that bad? No.

THen... once in the AFC Championship game... you just NEVER know what can happen. A fumble...a pick... a special teams play. ANYTHING can happen against them at any given moment. But you never know until you play the game.

Comment

I thought that Pittsburgh would hang with Indianpolis last week, but that was proved wrong. San Diego might be able to hang around with them, but then again I think the game is in San Diego so that could make a difference. Denver could have a chance they might be able to stop the running game of the Colts, but when it comes to the passing game well after watching yesterdays game against the Chiefs I'm afraid Manning will burn us everytime.

Comment

42-10

49-24

Or something like that? It hurts to think about it.

We havne't been able to beat them in the palyoffs.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
            2. Taxes
            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

honestly the colts d has gotten better but when they play decent teams they give up points, which intern says they arnt that much better. I still think the key is running the ball. Our d has gotten better even for the simple fact that alexander isnot matching up against wayne. We did not play bad except alexander and honestly thats most of the reason we lost

Comment

Originally posted by AZforBroncos
                man trying to beat the colts by getting into a shoot out is like trying to put out a fire by throwing gasoline on it...didn't they learn last time?

Look who came the closest to beating them this year while they were rolling (none of those early games don't count, that hadn't heat up on offense yet). The Bengals lost 45-37, one td. That score looks like a shootout to me. Thanks for helping me prove my point. Just accept it. The colts can't be stopped on Offense. That is a fact. They won't play NE in Foxboro, so NE can't prove me worng. Accept it.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                  Look who came the closest to beating them this year while they were rolling (none of those early games don't count, that hadn't heat up on offense yet). The Bengals lost 45-37, one td. That score looks like a shootout to me. Thanks for helping me prove my point. Just accpet it. The colts can't be stopped on Offense. That is a fact. They won't play NE in Foxboro, so NE can't prove me worng. Accept it.
                  and they lost
                  the only reason they stayed in the game was their running attack.

Comment

jaxsonville beats the colts
                    sigpic
                    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Any team (including Denver) that practices clock control and ball management (they have a lot more successful drives that end up scoring more points) can beat Indianapolis. Exploiting the Colts' weaknesses while doing this will surely lead to a win. The first mistake the Colts did against Pittsburgh was throwing the deep ball on their very first play for the score. They try to turn it into a shootout, a team just needs to show concentration. Pittsburgh took that score the wrong way. Sure enough, they lost.

Not only will keeping their defense on the field give them less of a chance to score points, but it will wear out their defense. Getting into a shootout with Indianapolis is a lot like a gamble on a coinflip. It's not worth it because it's way too risky.

Comment

Originally posted by kcchiefsrule
                        Any team (including Denver) that practices clock control and ball management (they have a lot more successful drives that end up scoring more points) can beat Indianapolis. Exploiting the Colts' weaknesses while doing this will surely lead to a win. The first mistake the Colts did against Pittsburgh was throwing the deep ball on their very first play for the score. They try to turn it into a shootout, a team just needs to show concentration. Pittsburgh took that score the wrong way. Sure enough, they lost.

Not only will keeping their defense on the field give them less of a chance to score points, but it will wear out their defense. Getting into a shootout with Indianapolis is a lot like a gamble on a coinflip. It's not worth it because it's way too risky.

Wow. A Chiefs fan that's not here to bait and actually makes logical, rational points--and a mere ONE DAY after they burst our bubble by beating us?

That alone earns you CP points from me.

Thanks to SNK16 for the AWESOME sig!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elwaywasbest
                          Wow. A Chiefs fan that's not here to bait and actually makes logical, rational points--and a mere ONE DAY after they burst our bubble by beating us?

That alone earns you CP points from me.
                          Haha, I saw the CP and no comment or donator, so I was like "maybe there's something in the thread..."

Thanks man. I'm not gonna smack outside of the smack forum, and even there i'm all "man that was a good game." But yeah, the Colts aren't indestructable...

Comment

Anybody going into Indy will justifiably be a big underdog, and that includes the Broncos. But that doesn't mean the Colts can't be beaten.

We'll have to have a good gameplan, no stupid mistakes, create a few turnovers and basically play our best game of the season.

Is it likely that we (or anybody) will beat the Colts? No. This looks to be their season. But it is certainly possible. They are a great team but, in the end, they are still just men.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

calm down man. there's still 4 weeks to go in the nfl. why in this time, manning could be killed in a car crash, james could break his leg, and the rest of the colts could get killed in a plane crash when flying to an away game

Comment

Working...
                              X