Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can beat the Colts!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We can beat the Colts!

    I see alot of posts about how the Broncos are expected not to beat the Colts. Well, I beg to differ. Using my fail safe plan the Broncos can and will beat the Colts.

    "Any given Sunday, after all"

    1) Dont run around, run at 'em: Its no secret that the Colts are undersized up front, and with a pounder like Mike Anderson we can have 'em on their knees by the third quarter. Just keep running, dont get impatient, and POUND the ball. If they seem to be keeping on Mike, throw a bootleg at 'em and then maybe throw Tatum in for a play or two. Or three.

    2) Be creative on D: Its a fact, Peyton Manning is superhuman. But even superhumans get rattled, and I think the best way to begin is to throw eight, nine man blitz packages at him. If he burns you once or twice, just drop back into coverage. Send the blitzes from unexpected places: Darrent, Champ, and the entire linebacking crew for example.

    Another thing I noticed on TiVo, during the Chiefs game (the first one) the Broncos used alot of three saftey packages for run support. Use 'em if they work!

    If we get to him early, he might become more conservative.

    3) Dont let Edge run: Try to contain him. Any team that has a portion of their attack taken out, then they try to go to the air. And if you know if they're throwing its much easier to defend.
    4) Get out to an early lead: Just get into the lead, especially into the endzone, and try to sustain your drives. Time of Possesion is very important here!
    5) Take the Crowd out: They'll be hungry for Bronco blood (Assuming, of course the game is played in Indy) and an early score or two will allow the offense to function with much better effiency.

    Goooooooooo Broncos! Win this divison for us! And beat the Colts, the third time is the charm!
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  • #2
    So what do you guys think?
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

    Comment


    • #3
      Not to offend you, but I'm not really thinking about the Colts right now.

      Considering our past habit of late season meltdowns, I'm more concerned with winning these remaining four games.

      To use the old adage...

      We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the Broncos have some serious work to do this sunday.

        Then they have 3 more weeks to work hard.

        After that, then maybe they can start to think about who they play in the first round, or hopefully have a bye week to think about who may be coming to Denver for a game.

        Thats what I think.

        Comment


        • #5
          Have to score 30

          In order to beat indy we have to at least score 30 points, say what you want about throwing different blitzes at them, there is no way to contain peyton and edge. Not to say that we can't beat them, we can, but we're going to have to run the ball very well, jake can't make mistakes, and the defence has to make stops. The biggest difference this year is our front four, warren is just a beast in the middle we have two big rush ends with pryce and brown. If williams and bailey can do a good enough job on wayne and harrison we can fill the box and stop james. We'll need a big game from jake plummer, but thats if we even get that far.

          GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            Not to offend you, but I'm not really thinking about the Colts right now.

            Considering our past habit of late season meltdowns, I'm more concerned with winning these remaining four games.

            To use the old adage...

            We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

            None taken. Youre absoleutly right. I think we've looked over the Ravens (as fans, anyway) I think the Broncos are looking at a Miamish game like last year (20-17, in a heartstopper)
            Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

            Comment


            • #7
              First: you are right, any given Sunday, anything can happen.

              Second: Like was previously said...we have to get past the next four games.

              Finally: if we get torched by trent green...what do you think will happen with Peyton...IN Indy? I don't want to be negative, but I've seen nothing this year that convinces me that we will be a challenge for Indy...again! I think we are better, but our Defense gets confused to easy and cannot adjust well against Peyton. I think getting to the AFC Championship would be a pretty successful season. BUT...like I said before, we have 4 games left.

              I wouldn't get too excited until we FINALLY beat the Colts(I hate that friggin' team!)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                I see alot of posts about how the Broncos are expected not to beat the Colts. Well, I beg to differ. Using my fail safe plan the Broncos can and will beat the Colts.

                "Any given Sunday, after all"

                1) Dont run around, run at 'em: Its no secret that the Colts are undersized up front, and with a pounder like Mike Anderson we can have 'em on their knees by the third quarter. Just keep running, dont get impatient, and POUND the ball. If they seem to be keeping on Mike, throw a bootleg at 'em and then maybe throw Tatum in for a play or two. Or three.

                2) Be creative on D: Its a fact, Peyton Manning is superhuman. But even superhumans get rattled, and I think the best way to begin is to throw eight, nine man blitz packages at him. If he burns you once or twice, just drop back into coverage. Send the blitzes from unexpected places: Darrent, Champ, and the entire linebacking crew for example.

                Another thing I noticed on TiVo, during the Chiefs game (the first one) the Broncos used alot of three saftey packages for run support. Use 'em if they work!

                If we get to him early, he might become more conservative.

                3) Dont let Edge run: Try to contain him. Any team that has a portion of their attack taken out, then they try to go to the air. And if you know if they're throwing its much easier to defend.
                4) Get out to an early lead: Just get into the lead, especially into the endzone, and try to sustain your drives. Time of Possesion is very important here!
                5) Take the Crowd out: They'll be hungry for Bronco blood (Assuming, of course the game is played in Indy) and an early score or two will allow the offense to function with much better effiency.

                Goooooooooo Broncos! Win this divison for us! And beat the Colts, the third time is the charm!

                I think Denver can beat the Colts. But in order to do so they will have to improve in a few areas. Areas such as 3rd down conversion, stopping the pass, improve on pass rush and blitz pressure on the QB are a few.
                One way to ensure the Broncos can beat the Colts is by winning their upcoming games.

                First the Ravens. Denver has to play sound football against the Ravens. Hopefully, Denver uses this game to tweak the many things they desperately need to improve on heading into the playoffs. Don't get me wrong 9-3 is awesome, but we will have to perform better to beat teams like the Bengals, Colts, and possibly Seahawks.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

                Comment


                • #9
                  Like everyone else said, we need to worry about the next four games. I think we can beat Baltimore due to their injury problems and so on. The game I'm kind of nervous about is the San Diego game. I will be rooting for JAX this weekend and SD later. Hopefully these to can beat Indy and give us a chance at home field advantage. As far as the Broncs beating Indy, I do think we got a chance if we play good football like we did from week 2 to week 6 and week 8 to 11.
                  sigpic
                  What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                    1) Dont run around, run at 'em: Its no secret that the Colts are undersized up front, and with a pounder like Mike Anderson we can have 'em on their knees by the third quarter. Just keep running, dont get impatient, and POUND the ball. If they seem to be keeping on Mike, throw a bootleg at 'em and then maybe throw Tatum in for a play or two. Or three.


                    Goooooooooo Broncos! Win this divison for us! And beat the Colts, the third time is the charm!
                    Here in lies the problem... When you are down three TDs at half, the running game goes out the window, And undersized they may be, but they are a very solid group, did you watch when Pitt. tried to pound the ball?

                    Just my thoghts, It's possible to beat them, but not easy.
                    sigpic

                    Check out my clothing company: Dayzend Apparel
                    www.dayzend.net

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                      Not to offend you, but I'm not really thinking about the Colts right now.

                      Considering our past habit of late season meltdowns, I'm more concerned with winning these remaining four games.

                      To use the old adage...

                      We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
                      Assuming that no one on the boards plays for the Broncos, what "bridge" would WE (WE'LL) have to cross?
                      Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TD30
                        Assuming that no one on the boards plays for the Broncos, what "bridge" would WE (WE'LL) have to cross?
                        You know how essential our analysis is. Besides, its truly a trench war in the Smack Forum!
                        Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                          You know how essential our analysis is. Besides, its truly a trench war in the Smack Forum!

                          Ha- I'm sure the the coaches read the boards before they game plan!
                          Everyone is a Bronco fan at heart !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I see David Terrell coming into play pretty soon and making 3rd down failures a thing of the past. All the rest will fall into place as needed over the rest of the season. Look out NFL, a third ring is withing sight!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SmithOverTO
                              I see alot of posts about how the Broncos are expected not to beat the Colts. Well, I beg to differ. Using my fail safe plan the Broncos can and will beat the Colts.

                              "Any given Sunday, after all"
                              In every game played, oner is expected to win. They may be expected to win easily, or with greater difficulty. Any game the Colts play this season, they are expected to win.

                              Can they lose? Sure. A couple of the teams remaining on their schedule have a treasonable shot at beating them.

                              Just because people expect the Colts to win doesn't mean all those people want the Colts to win.

                              Your "fail safe plan" isn't anything earth shattering. You may as well say.....in order for the Broncos to beat the Colts, they must score more points than the Colts.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X