Denver never has a good third WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver never has a good third WR

I hear alot of people saying we need more depth at the wideout position, but look back in time a bit. Since the three amigos, we never had a good third wideout. Whether it's Willie Green or Darius Watts, our third wideouts never have much production. Even when McCaffery took that third slot, he never had many catches.

I'm beginning to think it's less the quality of the receivers and more the system. Maybe Denver's system is designed to get most of the passes to the TE and #1 and #2 wideouts. Maybe we shouldn't be worried about that position after all. =P

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie
    I'm beginning to think it's less the quality of the receivers and more the system.
    exactly. We don't pass alot.
    You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Which leads us to this....

..... the Broncos would be better off with a TE. The Broncos system is designed for pass to the 1 & 2 WR & the TE.

Putzier & Alexander have both stepped up when called upon, so this isn't a knock on them at all. Is there another Gates out there by any chance?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR

..... the Broncos would be better off with a TE. The Broncos system is designed for pass to the 1 & 2 WR & the TE.

Putzier & Alexander have both stepped up when called upon, so this isn't a knock on them at all. Is there another Gates out there by any chance?
        Ya, his name is Wesley Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          Originally posted by RazR

Ya, his name is Wesley Duke.
          Exactly, just give him time to adjust to coming back to football and I have a feeling he'll be something special.

Comment

I think Charlie Adams will be a great #3 if we keep him around. He's played very hard to get into the team...he's been a rookie free agent, played on the PS, gone off to Europe and quietly made the roster these last 3 seasons. He's been solid when he's been called and I think he'll fill that role very well.
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
              I think Charlie Adams will be a great #3 if we keep him around. He's played very hard to get into the team...he's been a rookie free agent, played on the PS, gone off to Europe and quietly made the roster these last 3 seasons. He's been solid when he's been called and I think he'll fill that role very well.
              I really like him and I really like Devoe. Both have good hands (unlike Watts) and are shifty and Devoe has super speed. I haven't really seen enough of Duke to know whether he has a lot of potential or not.

Another Great Contribution by SNK16!

We're coming Indy!

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                I think Charlie Adams will eventually become Rods heir apparent if given the chance to shine, but you never know. Also I think if Todd Devoe is given his chance, He'll actually be alot more productive than Lelie, well with the short pass I mean.
                Throw an experience Wesley Duke in the mix and we might have a very strong recieving corp.

Comment

Yeah, so come this offseason we should pick up a first round wide receiver or sign a solid free agent and move Lelie to the 3rd slot. Smith isn't gonna be playing very long if he continues to be the only WR on this team that is gonna take a chance at every ball.

Comment

What ever happened to Darius Watts? His rookie year made it appear that we had a very capable and dangerous 3rd WR.

Comment

We don't even have 2 solid recievers, let alone 3.
                      Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Both Adams and Devoe are good 3rd receivers. The Bronocs offensive game plan just does not use that position much. But they have both shown that they can step up and make plays when given the chance. I feel comfortable with both, but just wish Shanahan would include them in the gameplan more.

Shanahan will staill pick up a WR early in the draft this year though.
                        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

I think Denver should make Lelie the #1 WR next year even if smith returns. For the simple fact that he needs to prepare for becoming the succesor to Smith. He's the oldest WR on our roster aside from Smith and needs to work harder during training amp and in the offseason to improve his work ethics and mentality. The only way for him to turn into a complete WR is to throw the ball to him and let him have his share of the drops. You people act like Smith never dropped a pass in his career or something. Watts also needs to get out of the dog house and get his hands right. He gets good seperation and would make a great short to intermidate guy with his ability to get YAC.
                          sigpic
                          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress
                            What ever happened to Darius Watts? His rookie year made it appear that we had a very capable and dangerous 3rd WR.
                            Watts is done. I don't think he will amount to anything as a Bronco. He worked all offseason on his hands and it did him well for two games. He lost his job because he catches the ball like a defensive lineman.

I really don't think that we need anymore young WR's. Let Devoe and Adams develope. Our gameplans are not really good for a lot of WR's at this point. Maybe that changes at some point but not this year.

Another Great Contribution by SNK16!

We're coming Indy!

Comment

Why worry about a third receiver when we don't even get our 2nd receiever as many balls as we should. The tight end definetly picks up the slack for our offense.
                              RIP D-Will you'll be missed

Comment

Working...
                              X