• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxSports power rankings

Still show Denver as #2...3/10ths of a point ahead of the Bengals

Fox Sports Power Rankings
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Why, would you look at that?! How about them Bengals?!

And KC...why didnt they move...especially after beating the Broncos....after all, Denver only ran for what....130 yards?

And what about the Chargers?! How could they be ranked behind the Bengals?
    sigpic

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

The Chargers are good, but you can throw the ball on them if your passing attack has even the slighest pulse. They're defense is able to stop the run, but for whatever reason they just havent really wowed me. I guess they're solid enough to make the playoffs, and I think they will, but they lack something and I cant really put my finger on it but they've had the ability to lose the close games this year except for Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
        Why, would you look at that?! How about them Bengals?!

And KC...why didnt they move...especially after beating the Broncos....after all, Denver only ran for what....130 yards?

And what about the Chargers?! How could they be ranked behind the Bengals?
        The Bengals have lost every tough game except one against a badly slumping Steeler team. I have no idea why they are so highly ranked. They mainly look at the second best record in the AFC rather than the difficulty of the schedule with the record.

What about Chad...he said they will beat Indy in the Championship game and go to the Super Bowl. I guess Denver must suck...huh.

Another Great Contribution by SNK16!

We're coming Indy!

Comment

fox sports is out of their mind!!!! seattle had possibly the most dominate game of any team this season and they are 6th? they have the second best record in the league and just smashed philly. albeit philly is injury plagued. don't get me wrong. i love that people rank us high but after last weeks defensive collapse i don't think we are ahead of seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
            fox sports is out of their mind!!!! seattle had possibly the most dominate game of any team this season and they are 6th? they have the second best record in the league and just smashed philly. albeit philly is injury plagued. don't get me wrong. i love that people rank us high but after last weeks defensive collapse i don't think we are ahead of seattle.
            I agree...my top five are

1) do I even have type their name here?
            2) Seattle
            3) Denver
            4) SD
            5) Bengals
            NITROBOARD
            Practice Squad
            Last edited by NITROBOARD; 12-07-2005, 10:46 AM.

Another Great Contribution by SNK16!

We're coming Indy!

Comment

Philly is taking a nose dive quickly. They just lost Westbrook for the rest of the season.

The only thing I can think as to why Denver is still ranked 2nd is strength of schedule. Now if we were to lose against any of the lesser teams in the coming weeks-which is unlikely-then I could see us dropping in the ranks.

Seattle is kinda like the Colts. A very good team that looks stronger surrounded by a bunch of whimps in their division. It helps they get to play the whimps in their respective divisions. (AFC South vs. NFC West).

With the exception of Jacksonville, the remaining teams in each of their divisions all have losing records, while in the AFC West 3 of the 4 teams are all within a game of each other.

That said...2nd looks dang good to me!
              sigpic

-Sean Payton

Comment

FoxSports is full of idiots.

The Packers (2-10) are still ahead of such teams as The Browns (4-8), The Rams (5-7), and the Dolphins (5-7)
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan
                  FoxSports is full of idiots.

The Packers (2-10) are still ahead of such teams as The Browns (4-8), The Rams (5-7), and the Dolphins (5-7)
                  Thats a tribute to Brett Favre.....................

Denver is 2nd in any smart ranking system, but we will have to earn the 1st spot the hard way...................

Comment

It does seem odd that a team which has a dominate win doesn't rise while a team which loses doesn't fall.

Plus it seems odd that a team with the best record in the NFC is rated lower than a team they just beat?

When it's all said and done, the power rankings have nothing to do with the reality of who will win the super bowl.

I'll bet anyone that the team which has the most weeks atop the power rankings this season does not win the super bowl. Any takers?

Comment

You know... This comes up every week and I am always forced to say it...

THEY ARE STAT BASED RANKINGS!

The commentry after the ranking is opinion but the acutal rankings are 100% stat based!
                      “Brevity is the soul of wit” – William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by kilkizan
                        You know... This comes up every week and I am always forced to say it...

THEY ARE STAT BASED RANKINGS!

The commentry after the ranking is opinion but the acutal rankings are 100% stat based!
                        People like arbitary rankings based on some "experts" opinon. What can I say?

Fox has the best power rankings out there. People who don't understand how it works, need to take some time and read up about it.
                        Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Working...
                        X