Champ Bailey-Now You Know Why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    When was the last time a Bronc had 8??? I know deltha had 7 and went to the Pro Bowl... anyone know? I don't....
    Tyrone Braxton had 9 in 96' with one ran back for a TD.

Comment

Jump on the Champ Bailey for Defensive MVP bandwagon. He's a momentum shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
        Jump on the Champ Bailey for Defensive MVP bandwagon. He's a momentum shifter.
        While this is a sarcastic post. True you are.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
        RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Don't act like you don't know the name.

" Da " Champ Bailey

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by Britrock
            Much as I hate INTs as a barometer for a DBs performance (it normally means he isn't covering his receiver well enough and the QB thinks he can hit his guy) I guess it is about the only stat there is to asses them.

And Champ + Bell > Portis.
            That's not always true. Sometimes the qb just doesn't see the corner which doesn't necessarily mean the corner isn't covering his man. Sometimes it just a bad throw (i. e.Bailey's pick when we played the Raiders.) Sometimes its the corner trying to bait the qb into a certain throw (ex. Bailey int in the Chargers game and his int in the Cowboys game both of which went for tds).
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
              While this is a sarcastic post. True you are.
              I find this to be a serious post. He's got the rep, the numbers, and he is on a top D, why not?

Don't act like you don't know the name.

Champ Bailey

Comment

Dude...no serious post says "Jump on the bandwagon."

Seriously.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

the trade

The trade might have sounded rather unorthodox at the time, but as I look at it now, I don't think it can really be faulted. The Broncos this year have been playing solid football. If they keep playing like this, they should go deep into the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                    Dude...no serious post says "Jump on the bandwagon."

Seriously.

Ok, but the post had a real point.

Comment

The momentum shifter part, yes.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                      -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                        Actually, he's had 6 ints in the last 6 games now after last week!

And Deltha O'Neal was totally mis-handled by Shanahan. He completely undercut his confidence by asking him to become a WR, amid other stupidities.

The minute Deltha got to a team that believed in him and gave him some support he blossomed into the great player you see today.

You people don't want to admit that Shanahan just blew it by getting rid of a two-time consecutive pro-bowl player, but that's exactly what happened!

It's not the only time he done that.

We could have a heck of a defense with some of the former Broncos starting and going to the pro-bowl around the league:

Montae Regor, DL: Doing great on the Colts #2 defense in the NFL
                        Tory James: starting CB for the Bengals
                        Deltha O'Neal: Pro-bowl CB for the 2nd straight year
                        Reggie Hayward: Having a great season, if you watched the Jaguars game Sunday you heard the announcer saying "the former Bronco Reggie Hayward is sure having a great day"
                        Bertrand Berry: another speed rushing DE we let go. Led the NFL in sacks a year ago for the Arizona Cardinals no less, but was injured this season.

If we had that those players we'd be a lot better off (although I prefer Darrent Williams to Torrie James, he's certainly NOT better than Deltha, and we could have drafted someone else with those picks for Foxworth and Paymah).
                        Reagor got cut cause he was to far down the roster to make it at the time. Thye did not want to lose him but he was not at the time ready to bump a starter.

Hayward and berry wanted way to much cash and while good they wound up in in good spots alongside of all pro to make them better. had they stayed in DEN one we could not have aforded them all nor did we have anyone to play next to them.

Delta was a head case in DEN made as many bone head plays as good ones.

delta only played DB in college for a short time and was not ready for the level of play in the NFL while in DEN, sounds like he has grown up and going to a team with a strong Defensive HC can only help him.

Edit
                        BTW I think you are wrong about him being a all pro for "2nd straight", as last year he only had 4 interceptions. And the first ime he was pro-bowl material it was cause he got 4 or 5 off trent green in one game. Before that game he was average.
                        Last edited by JRWIZ; 12-12-2005, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TDash85
                          Go Champ! Go Champ! Go! He is kickin' a$$!
                          and taking names
                          A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                            Reagor got cut cause he was to far down the roster to make it at the time. Thye did not want to lose him but he was not at the time ready to bump a starter.

Hayward and berry wanted way to much cash and while good they wound up in in good spots alongside of all pro to make them better. had they stayed in DEN one we could not have aforded them all nor did we have anyone to play next to them.

Delta was a head case in DEN made as many bone head plays as good ones.

delta only played DB in college for a short time and was not ready for the level of play in the NFL while in DEN, sounds like he has grown up and going to a team with a strong Defensive HC can only help him.

BTW I think you are wrong about him being a all pro for "2nd straight", as last year he only had 4 interceptions. And the first ime he was pro-bowl material it was cause he got 4 or 5 off trent green in one game. Before that game he was average.
                            Plus I don't think james is that good, oneal is but not james, look what james did for the raiders, squat.
                            A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                              Tyrone Braxton had 9 in 96' with one ran back for a TD.

Delta also had 9 in 2001 or 2002 cant remember and don't have the energy to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                                I remember last year at this time, alot of people were p***ing & moaning why we traded for him. Well now you know why. 8 picks, 2 for TD's, 5 picks in the last 5 games. Hats off to Champ for the pro-bowl year he is having. And here's to many more in the orange & blue.
                                I wasn't one of those people. I loved the CP for Bailey trade. You have no leverage as a runningback in Denver and CP got greedy too soon. If he would've finished out his contract he'd be getting paid by us and going to the playoffs and helping us win games and possibly a super bowl. Plus we could've had champ too. We would've had to give up a few draft picks but I'm sure we would've still got him from Washington.

Champ is showing the league hes the best cover corner. All the other teams are using cover 2 defenses and we aren't. Zone coverages are easier compared to man to man which we use. Delta O'neal was doing good here until we started making him cover man to man a lot more. He started struggling bad and getting burnt way too often. Then he goes to Cincy where they use cover 2 and now hes doing good again.

Comment

Working...
                                X