Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we have challenged Plummer's dropped interception?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we have challenged Plummer's dropped interception?

What a conundrum. Jake threw what appeared to be an interception on a 3rd-and-long. The defender caught the ball and took two steps before it was jarred free in what appeared to be a fumble which was then recovered by Denver.

If so, the Broncos should have had a ball with a fresh set of downs. But then after the one official signaled it was Denver's ball, another official came in and overturned the original interception and ruled it an incomplete pass.

Is it just me or does anybody else think it might have been worth challenging the incompletion in favor of the interception so that we would have gotten the ball back and a first down? It would have sucked to add the INT to Jake's stats but wouldn't it have been more important to get the ball back and a first down?

Or do you agree with the late call by the official that it was clearly an incomplete pass?
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I thought the same thing as I saw the play. I thought it was an INT and a fumble, and I was hoping they would challenge it.

Funny situation, asking for the ruling to be overturned in favor of the other team getting a turnover, probably a first in replay history

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      What a conundrum. Jake threw what appeared to be an interception on a 3rd-and-long. The defender caught the ball and took two steps before it was jarred free in what appeared to be a fumble which was then recovered by Denver.

If so, the Broncos should have had a ball with a fresh set of downs. But then after the one official signaled it was Denver's ball, another official came in and overturned the original interception and ruled it an incomplete pass.

Is it just me or does anybody else think it might have been worth challenging the incompletion in favor of the interception so that we would have gotten the ball back and a first down? It would have sucked to add the INT to Jake's stats but wouldn't it have been more important to get the ball back and a first down?

Or do you agree with the late call by the official that it was clearly an incomplete pass?
      From my angle, it appeared Shanny threw the red flag, but Jake caught it in mid-flight at stuffed it down his pants.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
        From my angle, it appeared Shanny threw the red flag, but Jake caught it in mid-flight at stuffed it down his pants.

-----
        Good thing he never threw it at Putzier.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

-----
          Great stuff, Scribe!

Hey, maybe we could double Jake as a backup cornerback or safety!
          ------

Comment

Hey, maybe we could double Jake as a backup cornerback or safety!
            I thought he was already doing that. Isn't that how the defense sucks it up from time to time?
            Victory and defeat are matters of the temporary force of circumstance.

Thanks, Snk16!!

Comment

the same thought crossed my mind. But it wasn't a crucial play so nothing to worry about.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

No. I'm glad it ended the way it did.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

GREAT question Jav. Interesting situation, and would have been a BRILLIANT move on Shanahan to challenge FOR the other team to have an INT. That would have been cool, and VERY good trivia info to have~!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    GREAT question Jav. Interesting situation, and would have been a BRILLIANT move on Shanahan to challenge FOR the other team to have an INT. That would have been cool, and VERY good trivia info to have~!
                    Plus, then people could say "yet ANOTHER int ".......
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                      Plus, then people could say "yet ANOTHER int ".......
                      Eh... he's still getting criticized for it....

Comment

As strange as sounds it just might have been worth it. Yes Jake takes a hit on his stats but since it would have given us better field position I favor the challenge.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          As strange as sounds it just might have been worth it. Yes Jake takes a hit on his stats but since it would have given us better field position I favor the challenge.
                          didn't denver get the ball right back?
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I dont have an answer but thats a great question, when i saw it i said OMG whats this guy smoking but having read it its a damn good question....good point of view javalon.
                            SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                            Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                              didn't denver get the ball right back?
                              Yes, but then we had to punt. If the interception and subsequent fumble happened, the change of possession would have given us a fresh set of downs.
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X