X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caoch of the year ????

What do you think?

1) Mike Shanahan
    yesterday he passed D.Reeves for most wins all time as Bronco head coach.
    2) Marvin Lewis
    Coaching @ high level-period.
    3) Tom Coughlin
    Got the giants & eli to where they are.
    4) Bill Bellichick
    w/ all the injuires, fa's, losses to coaching staff...they are still playing good f-ball.
    5) Bill Parcels
    ressugance of drew bledsoe, terry glen, k.johnson

Of course i would pick the home team! No brainer for me, but i think Marvin Lewis & Bill Bellichich deserve a lot of credit....

What do you think??

I put my vote in for Tony Dungey...

13-0, got the team tearing everybody up! He has my vote.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Hogs
      What do you think?

1) Mike Shanahan
      yesterday he passed D.Reeves for most wins all time as Bronco head coach.
      2) Marvin Lewis
      Coaching @ high level-period.
      3) Tom Coughlin
      Got the giants & eli to where they are.
      4) Bill Bellichick
      w/ all the injuires, fa's, losses to coaching staff...they are still playing good f-ball.
      5) Bill Parcels
      ressugance of drew bledsoe, terry glen, k.johnson

Of course i would pick the home team! No brainer for me, but i think Marvin Lewis & Bill Bellichich deserve a lot of credit....

What do you think??
      I would like Shanny to win because he is doing an amazing job but i think it might be Marvin Lewis. He turned one of the worst teams in football into a division chanp, that deserves some love.

^^^made by OrangeShadow

Comment

Nick Saban, he has coached this team to a respectable record in just one year, even after losing many defensinve weapons to free agency. They've beat the Broncos, the Chargers, nearly beat the Patriots, and they have a chance(very extremely slim) to go into the playoffs.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange

They just played there second game of the season yesterday.....

C'mon now

Comment

You have to go with Tony Dungy, then Marvin Lewis. I would put Shannahan around 3rd place.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

Comment

I don't know about your lists,

1.)Lovie Smith- finally getting it turned around in Chi, and winning games with the defense he implimented

2.)Mike Tice- if Minn makes the playoffs I don't see how he wouldn't be atop the list

3.)Marvin Lewis- also should get some accolades for turning it around in Cincy

4.)Tony dungy- See zero losses
              Last edited by Buff_bronc_fan; 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM. Reason: Tice not Tyce

Comment

Several coaches deserve consideration. Lewis, Shanahan, Holmgren, Dungy.

Lewis for turning a loser into a contender.

Holmgren for taking a team which wasn't supposed to contend to the best record in the NFC despite a rash of injuries to key players.

Dungy for keeping a team focused and standing up to the pressure of living up to expectations.

Shanahan for makng a team great off season moves and making a team better than expected.

Parcells doesn't deserve any consideration at all. Neither do Shottenhiemer, Vermiel and Norv Turner. Of course Turner has to deal with Al Davis, but that's his choice......

Comment

Lovie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hands down Lovie Smith deserves the COY award. When is the last time Chicago been to the playoffs. And they have a rookie qb. i know its the defense but still........

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Pretty similar to most, my list would go as follows:

1. Tony Dungy
                    2. Marvin Lewis
                    3. Mike Shanahan
                    4. Lovie Smith
                    5. Mike Holmgren

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange

i agree here...Td has broken many milestones this year,hopefully an afc confrence title wont be one of them
                      SPORT IS LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY,...IF YOU DONT FOCUS,YOU JUST GET NEGATIVES

Born-1990
                      Got ipod- 2004

Oh! this one time i saw a blimp!

Comment

1. Tony Dungy

2. Marvin Lewis/Lovie Smith

C'mon guys, it's not close and we all know it. 13-0 isn't to be sniffed at, whoever the hell you play (look at us, yeah, we're good this year, but we lost to the Dolphins). It takes a lot to win week in, week out, and preparation from the coaching staff is a huge part of that. Dungy will be the consensus vote and anyone who doesn't vote for him is high on something.

Comment

I would say Mike Shanahan should DEFINATLY be considered.

Mike made the news BIG TIME with his trades and aquisitions of the Browns. There was NO ONE that thought these were good moves. Then in the draft, he got nothing but criticized for his choices.

What has he done with his offseason moves that EVERYONE seemed to put down and make fun of? He's won.

Not only that...but he's turned the QB that is known for his mistakes, into a QB that is more of a 'manager' now, thus limiting his mistakes to few.

Now he't taking a team that was completely ripped apart for their choices in the draft and the offseason, to a team that may very well win #2 seed in the tough AFC. This is the DEFINITION to Coach of the Year.

Dungy doesn't have to do much coaching. He has Manning run the offense.

Comment

Hands down Lovie Smith.

Comment

Its gotta be someone like Lovie Smith or maybe Don Capers (j/k). Dungi is 13-0 but look at his players. More talent in Manning than the whole 49er's team. Smith has worked with a rookie quarterback and is in the lead of the division. I know the defense has been one of the best lately but still..........
                              "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X