THE 3RB system SHOULD STOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE 3RB system SHOULD STOP

Spliting carries btwn 3 running backs is hardly helping our running game, infact its hurting us . I understand Ron Dayne's heroics against Dallas should be rewarded but not at the expense of an already succesful running game. A running back needs to get a feel for the pace of each game and this comes with carries but the more time he is sitting out the less consistent he gets. You could see Bells frustration in the Ravens game when right after a big run he gets replaced by Dayne.
    I hope we just keep it to 2 backs at the most

Originally posted by cheach
    Spliting carries btwn 3 running backs is hardly helping our running game, infact its hurting us . I understand Ron Dayne's heroics against Dallas should be rewarded but not at the expense of an already succesful running game. A running back needs to get a feel for the pace of each game and this comes with carries but the more time he is sitting out the less consistent he gets. You could see Bells frustration in the Ravens game when right after a big run he gets replaced by Dayne.

Because we had a bad game to an underacheiving Baltimore team yestreday. Let me hear your opinon after this week. What was the deal with Bell getting like 16 carries, the most for the broncos. I didnt see the game, did Anderson get hurt during the game or something?

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by cheach

I think we should test Daynemore, but at the same time.... Anderson has carried the ball quitea bit latley without much production.... is he wearin down? you gottawonder that after the last three games... both bell an Dayne have been more productive over tha las three
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Anderson is not wearing down. I think anderson has to carry the ball alot thru a game to be at his full potential. I agree a little that 2 running backs is enough, and they have proven themselves to me, i like em
        Mike Anderson!!!

As the battles raged higher, You did not desert me My Brothers In Arms

Comment

If I had it my way I would play only "ANDERBELL" BUT!!!!!!! Knowing how good Dayne is, how could you keep such a guy on the bench?
          SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
            If I had it my way I would play only "ANDERBELL" BUT!!!!!!! Knowing how good Dayne is, how could you keep such a guy on the bench?
            I think the tripple threat at running back is working. Granted, it would be nice to have 1 featured back but that is not the case this season. On any given Sunday one of these backs can go the distance and take over the game. This is the strength of our offense and it is very threatening to other teams.

Comment

I agree and think we should focus more on a two back rotation at most. But I would also like the RB's to be given a little more time to get in a rythem. That's what I dislike about the 3 back rotation, each back doesn't get a full drive as they did before.

Without having almost a full drive to get into rythem, I think you miss out on what a back can do in this system, especially for Tatum. I think we need to let Tatum have a few more opportunities to get momentum.

So I would definitely go back to a two back rotation, but hopefully the last few weeks with reps more spread around has lessened the wear and tear for the stretch run and playoffs.

Comment

Actually the Broncos and any team only need 1 running back. But they've had success with the 2 back system. I don't like the 3 back system.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

I DO think we are best using the committee tactic, but did anyone else notice that run that Bell made, and saw Dayne coming in for him and tried to wave him back out? The next play, Dayne fumbled. I think Tater was feelin' it, and got pulled at a fairly awful time. He might have had some momentum going, but we'll never know.
                  Maybe Bell's not the best blocker, and I don't minimize the importance of that, but I bet defenses bite a little harder on play action when he's the tailback. He's our fastest back, and since he's not the best at protection, why would we pass with him in there??? My take on it anyway.

Comment

One good thing bout the 3 set, (or a two set for that matter) is it keeps the wear an tear from eally killin the rbs early in the season, I would hafta bet that anderson an bell are a lot less worn out than Droughs was last year for us, (or cp the year before)

Another good thing is that if an injury strikes we have a back that has been invovled an our line is comfortable wit him, so we wont be dead inthe water an testin someone who hasnt done much for us latley
                    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

The biggest problem with the three back system is that it appears to have little rhyme or reason. Whe we ran with two backs, both guys knew what their role would be until one established supremacy for that game, and the other would provide a breather. This kept Anderson fresh and gave Bell more chances to make big plays. Now, the backs seem to just come in whenever they feel like it. Yesterday, Bell made two relatively big plays and pleaded to stay in, but was replaced and the drive stalled. Two weeks ago Bell made three big runs in a row I believe, but was replaced once again and never touched the ball on that drive, which again stalled. Two is great company for Denver, but three has certainly been a crowd. Sorry Ron, but this is a business...

Comment

i agree fully that a two-back system is better than the current 3-back, although it is more about how many carries the #1 gets. when you have 3 backs getting 8-12 carries neither the backs nor the oline can get any rythme. the top guy has to get at least 20 carries.

after that, i dont really care if shanny splits the remaining carries between 1 or 2 guys, but i prefer 1.
                        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I just want Anderbell to both hit over 1k... although Dayne has come up huge on the big plays, I don't like the idea of starting 2 power backs. Look how mediocre Ronnie Brown and Pothead Williams have been doing.
                          sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

Now I think that we should go back to 2 RB's. Cause Anderson is the powerback we need, and Bell is the speed back we need. And if we keep it just to 2 RB's, then we can use our PA Bomb to Lelie a lot more.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                              Now I think that we should go back to 2 RB's. Cause Anderson is the powerback we need, and Bell is the speed back we need. And if we keep it just to 2 RB's, then we can use our PA Bomb to Lelie a lot more.

what about going with dayne and bell? MA hasnt been effective the last three weeks, at least according to the numbers. have bell the main guy and use dayne as a change of pace and 3rd downs.
                              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
                              X