THE 3RB system SHOULD STOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcbronc
    what about going with dayne and bell? MA hasnt been effective the last three weeks, at least according to the numbers. have bell the main guy and use dayne as a change of pace and 3rd downs.
    Don't you remember MA's huge TD against KC early in the game? It may not have been a run, but it was his skill that got him the TD. Dayne wouldn't have been able to juke out Wesley like that, therefor he wouldn't have gotten that TD. Any way, I haven't seen much from Dayne except for his 58 yard run against Dallas.
    sigpic

Comment

We started this conversation a few days ago.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=48285
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I don't think the 3 backs has worked. It is too hard for any of the runningbacks to get going if he is constantly coming out of the game for long stretches. Dayne should find hiw way back on the bench.
        Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

Tatum Bell is clearly our best running back, but Anderson is good too.

Ive said this before I think Tatum Bell has the potential to me Denver's lead back because Anderson is getting older, but for now I thinkt the RB system is great but give the majority of the carries to Bell he makes the most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
            Don't you remember MA's huge TD against KC early in the game? It may not have been a run, but it was his skill that got him the TD. Dayne wouldn't have been able to juke out Wesley like that, therefor he wouldn't have gotten that TD. Any way, I haven't seen much from Dayne except for his 58 yard run against Dallas.

yes he is definately our most proven back, but he has been somewhat ineffective, for whatever reason, the last 3 weeks. but in that dallas game dayne did have a really nice touchdown run of his own. if shanny stays with anderson, i would have no problem's with it. but if anderson doesnt run a little more effectively it is worth giving dayne more carries and MA less.
            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I believe in coach shannahan and his decisions. If he thinks that the denver broncos are better off with three running backs, then I will believe in the 3RB system, every system has it's flaws, and it's gems.
              A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
                Tatum Bell is clearly our best running back, but Anderson is good too.

Ive said this before I think Tatum Bell has the potential to me Denver's lead back because Anderson is getting older, but for now I thinkt the RB system is great but give the majority of the carries to Bell he makes the most of it.
                I love Bell, but I think having Anderson around makes him better. The thing about Bell that Anderson has less of is speed. We take advantage of that usually.

Pound the rock with Anderson, tire their d-line down. Then zip it outside with Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                  Dayne is a better runner than MA is, MA is the bull straight ahead run over you type guy, Dayne is bigger, but has better footwork than Mike does.
                  It is a matter of time before Dayne is numero uno.

BTW I think it is our smallish O-line that is wearing down this late tin the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    It is a matter of time before Dayne is numero uno.
                    Dayne over Bell?

you can't be serious

Comment

You should really be saying "Dayne over MA?" Because last time I checked, Mike was the number 1 back.

Shanahan was grooming TB to take over in a year or two.

Dayne's resurgence has been quite unexpected. He was purchased for insurance purposes only. Not Shanahan, and not anyone on this board (except for all the Wisconsin hacks), thought that Dayne could possibly wind up as our starting back.

Credit to RD, he proved he can still run in this league.

I'm sure that TB is still slated to be our starter in a year or two. The question that now plagues the Broncos in the off-season is who to keep? MA or Dayne?

I guess it'll all come down to what serves the cap best, and what can we get for each.

It's an unfortunate situation for all 3 involved (for the future). But who knows, Droughns seems to be doing well for himself (and that's great!), who says that MA or Dayne won't be good guys doing well for themselves in a year from now somewhere else.

But either way, this year it rules. I wish we were 3 deep at every position.

Comment

Featured Back........

in all honesty, we really need to drop the 3 back rotation. I think the reason its not working b/c the guys havent done it all year. If we started out the year with a 3-back rotation it probably would be jellin like hell right now. It can work, but i dont think we have the patience for it right now. B/c in the begining of the season it took about 2 or 3games to get the 2-back rotation going. Dayne should be the featured back at this point. Ma has done nothing the past 3 games,but for the 66yrd screen pass that any of the backs could've done, b/c it was a blown coverage by the defense. Tatem is the best #2 back in the league, and that will be his role for a longtime. Ma hasnt even had 15carries in the past 3 games, and u take away the screen pass, and he's hardly mentioned at all.

Its clear to see that Bell and Dayne are the future and they need to be the 2 back rotation for the remainder of the season. But i'm not the coach, so we will just have to see how it pans out. meanwhile i'll just debate with these MESSAGE BOARD COACHES.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I wonder how hard it is for a coach to plan a defense against the Broncos?Do they need to gameplan for 3 RB's??If so then thats got to make it harder on them and thats a plus for us...
                          sigpic

Comment

not really....

i dont think ts that hard to plan for 3 backs. When u have 2 similar and one speedster, its almost like they just have to stop the running game as a whole...........

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I'm thinking the reason we have the 3 RB system going now is, because of Dayne's explosion in the Dallas game and Anderson going into a slump. Furthermore, I think Anderson is in his contract year so getting Dayne more carries would be a good idea to have him replace the more expensive Anderson. We could also use anderson as trade bait to get a mid to lower round pick and help build th team for the future. I'd also like to see Bell start this game vs Buffalo and give him 15-20 carries and see how he handles it with Dayne being the relief back.
                              sigpic
                              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by cheach
                                Spliting carries btwn 3 running backs is hardly helping our running game, infact its hurting us .

The only way you can agree with this is if you are more concerned with individual stats than team success.

Comment

Working...
                                X