Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

--- Turnover Ratio ? ---

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • --- Turnover Ratio ? ---

    --- How much does a team's turnover ratio equate to a winning season ? ---

    --- Is this one stat that can be considered indicative of a winner ?



    --- Top 3 Teams in the NFL as of week 13 in turnover margin ---

    --- 1. Cincy - Takeaways - 27 INT, 11 FUM --- Giveaways - 8 INT, 6 FUM --- +24
    --- 2. Denver --- Takes --- 18 INT, 14 FUM --- Giveaways - 6 INT, 8 FUM --- +18
    --- 3. Indy -- Takeaways - 15 INT, 10 FUM --- Giveaways - 8 INT, 6 FUM --- +11


    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...S/2005/regular

    May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

  • #2
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- How much does a team's turnover ratio equate to a winning season ? ---

    --- Is this one stat that can be considered indicative of a winner ?



    --- Top 3 Teams in the NFL as of week 13 in turnover margin ---

    --- 1. Cincy - Takeaways - 27 INT, 11 FUM --- Giveaways - 8 INT, 6 FUM --- +24
    --- 2. Denver --- Takes --- 18 INT, 14 FUM --- Giveaways - 6 INT, 8 FUM --- +18
    --- 3. Indy -- Takeaways - 15 INT, 10 FUM --- Giveaways - 8 INT, 6 FUM --- +11


    http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...S/2005/regular
    ABSOLUTELY!!

    When teams cause more turnovers than they commit, it almost always shows in the win-loss column.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      And sometimes not.
      The last two seasons, denver was 10-6.
      But they were no where NEAR the top in to's.

      It depends, I guess, on what you DO with them, and who you're playing.

      You could get 4 to's against indy and STILL lose......
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

      -- Samuel Adams

      sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree if you have many turnovers that can either win a game or lose one. But is Plummer works on it than he can overcome and do much better than he can be.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rcsodak
          And sometimes not.
          The last two seasons, denver was 10-6.
          But they were no where NEAR the top in to's.

          It depends, I guess, on what you DO with them, and who you're playing.

          You could get 4 to's against indy and STILL lose......

          --- rc --- you beat me to it again --- "on what you DO with them" - rc

          --- it's not just the turnover ratio, more importantly would be the stat " POINTS OFF TURNOVERS !!! ---

          May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

          Comment


          • #6
            Besides the win and lose, turnover ratio is highly important to a team's success.
            Emancipate your mind!
            The People's Poster

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TDash85
              I agree if you have many turnovers that can either win a game or lose one. But is Plummer works on it than he can overcome and do much better than he can be.
              --- TDash85 --- we are talking here about NFL team rankings based on turnover ratios --- Plummer has less INTs than Manning or Palmer as of week 13 !

              May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                --- TDash85 --- we are talking here about NFL team rankings based on turnover ratios --- Plummer has less INTs than Manning or Palmer as of week 13 !
                Don't forget everybody's lovechild, Brady..........
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

                -- Samuel Adams

                sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  +18 is pretty impressive considering how much our d-line and quarterback suck.


                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                  "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                    --- TDash85 --- we are talking here about NFL team rankings based on turnover ratios --- Plummer has less INTs than Manning or Palmer as of week 13 !
                    he also has a whole lot less attempts. and a whole lot less touchdowns as a result. don't try to use the numbers to make plummer look like he's kicking ass

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bcbronc
                      +18 is pretty impressive considering how much our d-line and quarterback suck.


                      Maybe they dont suck,thats why we are +18

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                        Maybe they dont suck,thats why we are +18

                        no that cant be it.
                        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                        "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                          --- How much does a team's turnover ratio equate to a winning season ? ---

                          --- Is this one stat that can be considered indicative of a winner ?



                          --- Top 3 Teams in the NFL as of week 13 in turnover margin ---

                          --- 1. Cincy - Takeaways - 27 INT, 11 FUM --- Giveaways - 8 INT, 6 FUM --- +24
                          --- 2. Denver --- Takes --- 18 INT, 14 FUM --- Giveaways - 6 INT, 8 FUM --- +18
                          --- 3. Indy -- Takeaways - 15 INT, 10 FUM --- Giveaways - 8 INT, 6 FUM --- +11


                          http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...S/2005/regular

                          This stat is something that was missing in years past. I think last year we were minus in turnover ratio and were 10-6. Alot of it had to do with JP and the D.

                          Jake was throwing a lot more INT's and our D was not creating any. This year, JP is playing solid, and our D is causing a tremendous amount of turnovers.

                          The top 3 teams in turnover ratio in the NFL is the top three teams in the NFL right now. No coincidence.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bcbronc
                            +18 is pretty impressive considering how much our d-line and quarterback suck.


                            yeah they suck... ok loser

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by homestar
                              yeah they suck... ok loser

                              yeah they do. and if you dont believe me just go read the board.
                              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                              "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X