Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lelie is responsible for lack of ground attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelie is responsible for lack of ground attack?

Is it possible that our problems in the rushing attack is because of Lelie? Lelie isnt stretching the field the way he should. IMO. Teams were ready for Lelie early in the season. Which opened up the run game for anderbell. Now teams dont have to worry about anything deep.

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    Is it possible that our problems in the rushing attack is because of Lelie? Lelie isnt stretching the field the way he should. IMO. Teams were ready for Lelie early in the season. Which opened up the run game for anderbell. Now teams dont have to worry about anything deep.

is this for real or sarcasm? just asking because i honestly am not sure.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
      is this for real or sarcasm? just asking because i honestly am not sure.
      I'm not being sarcastic. Although I know many will think it's a silly suggestion.

Comment

I think its reasonable
        Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

how is having 2 backs on pace for 1,000 yards a lack in the rushing attack?

Lelie isnt just getting many looks...I dont see Jake throw to him much. and Jake has underthrown alot of deep bombs to him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26

Lelie isnt just getting many looks...I dont see Jake throw to him much. and Jake has underthrown alot of deep bombs to him.
            Recently I dont think the rushing attack has been up to par. The only thing that matters is if we are rushing the ball well now.

Comment

I'm not being sarcastic. Although I know many will think it's a silly suggestion.

okay.

i think lelie still stretches the field. he may not be making as many catches as last year but he is still making plays down the field. he is still averaging 18 per catch and has 13 20+ receptions in 13 games. while there is room for improvement in the plummer-to-lelie battery, he is still enough of a presence to keep safetys honest.

in my opinion, our running troubles are more a factor of good run defenses and trying to get touches to 3 backs. get someone more than 20 carries a game and our running game will work itself out.
              "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26

Sorry bud but i don't think we will get our 2 1,000 yard backs.
                Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
                  Why not? Bell needs less than 350 yards and Anderson needs like 200. How is that so impossible in 3 games?
                  sigpic

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. ...
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

We use our run attack to help set up the play action and the deep passing game, where a team like Indy uses the pass to set up the run.

With the running attack struggling some the last few weeks, we have had to rely on the pass more and teams have had the coverage there most times.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

I think teams are stacking HARD against our run, DARING us to pass because they know we don't have the passing game to beat them. Thus making it very hard for us to run, and making us TRY to find a passing game.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightOLB53

I dont see why not?

plus I said ON PACE....that doesnt mean that it will happen but we have a good chance.
                          sigpic

Comment

If there is one thing that Lelie has been consistantly doing it is stretching the other teams deep. Look at his YPC on the balls he does grab, or any film of him being over/under thrown on deep balls by Jake a couple times each game. You might have an argument that he needs to be more consistant on the short to intermediate routes, but to say that 'he isn't stretching the field the way he should' is just inaccurate IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
                              If there is one thing that Lelie has been consistantly doing it is stretching the other teams deep. Look at his YPC on the balls he does grab, or any film of him being over/under thrown on deep balls by Jake a couple times each game. You might have an argument that he needs to be more consistant on the short to intermediate routes, but to say that 'he isn't stretching the field the way he should' is just inaccurate IMO.
                              Yea, this is pure crazy-talk...

Comment

Working...
                              X