Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which wild card contender are you least afraid of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wild card contender are you least afraid of?

Of the three teams that are fighting for the wild card spot, which team do you think the Bronco's will have the best chances of getting past if they play them?
    Chiefs
    17.95%
    Chargers
    12.82%
    Steelers
    33.33%
    None of them
    17.95%
    All of them
    17.95%
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Pitt or Jax here in Denver. We hopefully will have a bye the first week and will then play one of those team, New England or CIncy. I would take any team but CIncy. They are scary on offense.

Comment

Can't be scared of any of the teams, if your scared of these teams how can you expect them to go into Indy and win

Comment

I voted for the Chargers, because while I think they may very well be the best team that might not make the playoffs, I also think the Broncos match up the best against them.

The Broncos simply don't match up well against a healthy KC O-Line. They cannot stop the run or pressure Green.

While the Steelers have had their ups and downs, I think they are more physical than San Diego, which makes them a tougher matchup.

Ideal scenario is that Denver doesn't need to win the last game of the season, plays the game with a limited game plan and probably plays Van Pelt at some point, while SD is pulling out all the stops to win. While I know these teams already know each other from division play, it still helps game planning when you have seen the best they bring to the table, while not showing your hand.
        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
          Can't be scared of any of the teams, if your scared of these teams how can you expect them to go into Indy and win
          I don't expect them to go into Indy and win. I don't expect any team to go into INdy and win. Its their year. We will have a successful playoff run, but in the end its all INdy this year.

Comment

You forgot Jacksonville...They still have a good shot at the wildcard spot

Comment

Originally posted by Q-niverse
              You forgot Jacksonville...They still have a good shot at the wildcard spot
              Sorry, guess I didn't make that clear. I assumed Jacksonville is a lock for the 1st wild card spot. I didn't specifically say that, but referred to a single team making a single wild card spot, the second wild card.

sigpic

Comment

Steelers for some reason comming into Denver is not even a worry to me which is odd as I worry about every team we play.Right now,buffalo scares the crud out of me..
                sigpic

Comment

I'm confident Denver would beat all 3 of them at home. The Cheifs probably scare me the most, but I'd be extremely confident we'd beat SD and Pitt. Both of their coaches aren't that great come playoff time, but SD has more talent than Pitt. I say Pittsburgh.

Comment

Broncos have to be prepared for any one of these teams. We all know how teams play in the playoffs is at a different level than the regular season. Scared is not a good word to use maybe underestimating is better. I agree with Banjo though, this Buffalo game is a game not to underestimate.

Comment

Chiefs because we would get them at home where we own them.
                      Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

None of them. It's a football game. Suit up and hit somebody.
                        Emancipate your mind!
                        The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                          Pitt or Jax here in Denver. We hopefully will have a bye the first week and will then play one of those team, New England or CIncy. I would take any team but CIncy. They are scary on offense.
                          I think we play Cincy,it would make good practice for us against the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty

Fans being "scared" of a team doesn't translate into players being scared of that same team. Fans confidence, or lack thereof has nothing to do with the attitude of the team itself.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                              The Broncos simply don't match up well against a healthy KC O-Line. They cannot stop the run or pressure Green.

While the Steelers have had their ups and downs, I think they are more physical than San Diego, which makes them a tougher matchup.

Ideal scenario is that Denver doesn't need to win the last game of the season, plays the game with a limited game plan and probably plays Van Pelt at some point, while SD is pulling out all the stops to win. While I know these teams already know each other from division play, it still helps game planning when you have seen the best they bring to the table, while not showing your hand.
                              This is just silly! The game would be in Denver and we all know KC is not nearly as good on the road as they are at home. We handled them easily in Mile High and would do it again (not as much of a blow-out, but still a solid win).

Only it doesn't matter! The Chiefs, Steelers or Chargers CANNOT POSSIBLY play the Broncos in the playoffs, unless one of them upsets Indy in the 2nd round! The winner of the KC-SD game will probably qualify for the #6 seed, unless that the Steelers beat them both out for it.

Unless they totally tank, the Jaguars are going to be the #5 seed. They should finish 12-4, since they play the '49ers, @Houston and Tennesee. If they lose one of those games it will be a pitiful failure, since they are the bottom-feeders of the league. So, Jacksonville is almost certain to be the top wild-card team and will play (hopefully) in Cincinatti. The much less appealing alternative is that Denver loses the #2 seed and plays Jacksonville here on week 1.

So, that leaves the #6 seed for KC, SD or Pitt and the #6 seed will play the Patriots if it's KC or SD. If they win, they face Indy in Indy.

So, the only chance for the Broncos to play any of those teams is if they knock off Indy in round 2. They'd have about a snow-ball's chance in Hell of that. I guess if Pittsburgh is the #6 we could face them if we're the #3 though.
                              Last edited by Cugel; 12-13-2005, 11:00 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X