X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im with ya JAV

SHANNY IS NOT TO BLAME

Comment

• Any given sunday. Cakes sometimes taste bad, like banana or something.

But I DO hope for the best, and this is a 12-4 record.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

• time management is a consistent problem

robcosprings is right! The game was lost due to time management. Go back to last year--Monday or Sunday night (I can't remember) v. Indianapolis. Similar situation--3rd (or 4th?) down and 4 to 5 yards, time running out. Running game is working, but we decide to pass. Clock stops, we turn the ball over and Indy ties the game--wins in overtime. Monday against the Pats was a bad deja vu!. Broncos are my team and I love 'em, but they are weak in time mgmt. We need to learn from our mistakes. Please learn!

Comment

• Time for a new coach?

What is up with Shanahan? What the heck was he thinking? Why would he punt the ball twice deep into the Pats territory? I would think two running plays (going for it on 4th down) would have been a much smarter decision. What do you guys think? Maybe Shanahan is over rated without John Elway there making him look good?
          Also, the players are making silly mistakes which could mean bad coaching?

Comment

• I agree for one with Shanny's calls. Elam was out so no FG. Also, with as good as our defense is(not that night though) I like the choice of playing field position. If CP gets stuffed like he probably would of, there is about a 40 yard difference in field position. It is easy as fans to want to do the radical thing and go for it, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and punt.
            BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

• Re: Time for a new coach?

Originally posted by The-4th-Amigo
              What is up with Shanahan? What the heck was he thinking? Why would he punt the ball twice deep into the Pats territory? I would think two running plays (going for it on 4th down) would have been a much smarter decision. What do you guys think? Maybe Shanahan is over rated without John Elway there making him look good?
              Also, the players are making silly mistakes which could mean bad coaching?
              This has been discussed heatedly and at great length in other posts. My vote is that Shanny made some tough calls that didn't work out. I still think he's a great coach.

But it doesn't really matter what any of us think because Pat Bowlen just recently gave Mike a nice contract extension and there's extremely little chance he would even consider firing Shanny. Besides, Pat Bowlen still feels that Mike can get the job done.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Can shanny do it?

The question was meant to be a little sarcastic. I just see questionable calls (play) or maybe it is the players not executing the plays well enough. Either way two things must happen to get the Broncos winning again.
                1. get healthy!
                2. The players must step up!

Oh well there is still hope for that last wild card spot!
                Last edited by The-4th-Amigo; 11-05-2003, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Shannahan has done a great job, this is probably his best coaching job yet I think. How many teams could still be competetive and be in every single game they've lost going into the 4th quarter with a 3rd string QB, backup linemen, 2 backup linebackers, 2 games without Portis, and 1 game without a kicker?
                  Friends dont let friends vote for Democrats.

Comment

Working...
                  X