Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanny Files: Game 14

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shanny Files: Game 14

    The end of the season is coming up fast, and with a win looks like we will be participating in the playoffs, as what and against who still remains to be determined.

    So let's focus on this weeks edition.

    Under Shanny the Broncos sport a lowly 4-6 record in our 14th game played during a season. Part of our late season collapses. In the 4 years Shanny was the head coach to Elway we lost the 14th game we played, so it is not just in recent seasons.

    Of the four wins, all four were at home.
    Of the six losses, five were away, one was at home.

    Some good news, our very first win under Shanny 11 years ago was against the Bills!

    We have played the Bills 3x under Shanny once away and twice at home
    and we have won all 3 times. I'm sure everyone remember the game in Buffalo in '97 when our players had to travel through a snowstorm just to make it to the game on time and then we had to go to OT to win it, where I believe we won the coin toss and opted to kick it off. At least that is the way I remember it in my head.

    I'm hoping for a win this saturday and that we stay healthy for the playoffs.
    Thanks for viewing this weeks edition and thanks to all those who have provided feedback.
    Elway
    Master of Game Day!
    Last edited by Elway; 12-13-2005, 09:43 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

  • #2
    "feedback"?

    ...ah....um....you're welcome?

    The team will be practicing up for the playoffs, and I look for some MAJOR efforts put forth by the O!
    Plus, the fact that the D is without a starting cb, the entire team will be going a little harder to make up for the slight weaknesses.

    Thanks Elway.......
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

    -- Samuel Adams

    sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      One thing about those coin tosses Elway. Back when, Shanahan used to say he preferred to kick-off, rather than take the ball first. He wanted to get a feel for the other offense. Clearly he's chnaged his mind on that, but I remember him saying that during the Super Bowl years.

      Further, I believe he said that because that's what we always lost during our great runs.

      For ALL the playoff games of both Super Bowl years, AND both Super Bowls, we lost the coin toss.

      I still viewing losing the coin toss as a good luck symbol. We lost it Sunday also.............

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, but we won it in overtime in Dallas

        Plummer is 1 and 1 in game 14 for the Broncos. One loss away to the Chiefs, one win at home against the Browns.
        BroncosorBust
        Practice Squad
        Last edited by BroncosorBust; 12-14-2005, 07:35 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Wanna bet? Well, don't.

          Denver is currently favored by 9 with an over/under of 35.

          All games in this series since 1992
          BUFFALO is 3-2 against the spread versus DENVER since 1992
          DENVER is 3-2 straight up against BUFFALO since 1992
          3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

          All games played at BUFFALO since 1992
          BUFFALO is 2-1 against the spread versus DENVER since 1992
          BUFFALO is 2-1 straight up against DENVER since 1992
          2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1992

          BUFFALO is 7-13-1 after back-to-back straight-up losses.
          BUFFALO is 50-19-2 if their opponent is off a home win.

          As always... many thanks, Elway!
          Winter is Coming!

          Comment


          • #6
            Hopefully Shanahan and company can buck the 14th game trend. Although team history is against us we should have plenty of motivation considering the playoff implecations that this game has for our season.

            Btw thanks once again Elway for the Shanny files.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JWinn
              One thing about those coin tosses Elway. Back when, Shanahan used to say he preferred to kick-off, rather than take the ball first. He wanted to get a feel for the other offense. Clearly he's chnaged his mind on that, but I remember him saying that during the Super Bowl years.

              Further, I believe he said that because that's what we always lost during our great runs.

              For ALL the playoff games of both Super Bowl years, AND both Super Bowls, we lost the coin toss.

              I still viewing losing the coin toss as a good luck symbol. We lost it Sunday also.............
              Yeah I'm sure Shanahan has learned his lesson on more than one occasion opting to kickoff first, lol.
              I was under the impression that Elway was referring to the OT session where Shanny opted to kickoff, now that would be boneheaded...You had 4 qtrs to get a FEEL for the offense, why kickoff in OT...?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JWinn
                One thing about those coin tosses Elway. Back when, Shanahan used to say he preferred to kick-off, rather than take the ball first. He wanted to get a feel for the other offense. Clearly he's chnaged his mind on that, but I remember him saying that during the Super Bowl years.

                Further, I believe he said that because that's what we always lost during our great runs.

                For ALL the playoff games of both Super Bowl years, AND both Super Bowls, we lost the coin toss.

                I still viewing losing the coin toss as a good luck symbol. We lost it Sunday also.............

                --- anybody notice the expression on John Lynch's face as they walked away from the OT coin flip at Dallas on Thanksgiving ?

                --- i wish i had a still shot of that !!! --- priceless !!! ---

                --- good homework Elway !!!
                ---

                May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                Comment


                • #9
                  Outside, the coin toss would play in to consideration. The loser of the toss gets to choose which goal to defend. If it is windy, the loser will pick the wind, giving them a better shot at a longer field goal, making the other team drive furhter to start with having to score first.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncosorBust
                    Outside, the coin toss would play in to consideration. The loser of the toss gets to choose which goal to defend. If it is windy, the loser will pick the wind, giving them a better shot at a longer field goal, making the other team drive furhter to start with having to score first.
                    --- pick the wind at your back for the 2nd half !!! ---

                    May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan
                      --- anybody notice the expression on John Lynch's face as they walked away from the OT coin flip at Dallas on Thanksgiving ?

                      --- i wish i had a still shot of that !!! --- priceless !!! ---

                      --- good homework Elway !!!
                      Priceless indeed!!!

                      I looked around for a better still, but in the end I simply captured it from Brom's highlight video.

                      A little blurry, but the expression can hardly be missed.

                      Make a wish on this board and it just might come true.

                      Winter is Coming!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the replies everyone,

                        MnG, I always know to check the next day to see what our history against the spread is.

                        I hope we break out of the tendency of losing in week 14, but keep the tendency to beat the Bills.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                          Priceless indeed!!!

                          I looked around for a better still, but in the end I simply captured it from Brom's highlight video.

                          A little blurry, but the expression can hardly be missed.

                          Make a wish on this board and it just might come true.


                          --- WOW !!! --- THANKS, MnG !!! ---

                          --- all the captains were so serious when they lined up for the toss, then as they were all walking away, Lynch burst into that snicker just as the TV shot panned to a commercial !

                          --- i will never forget that moment because my stomach was so knotted up as we went to OT, that i couldn't sit down for Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of the gang ---

                          --- then it took me an hour after the game before i could muster up an appetite !

                          --- thanks again --- i'm going to make a poster from that shot ! ---

                          May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was at that game in 97 and the wind was unbelievable--I do remember thinking that kicking off was a mistake but Shanny proved me wrong I'm going up this saturday also (I live about 90 miles away) and just a heads up there is already a lake effect snow warning for Friday and all day Saturday--gonna be a white field. Hopefully our backfield can come close to duplicating TD's effort in the 97 game (i wanna say around 200 yds). I cant wait to cheer on the orange and blue live

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by crazyjefe75
                              I was at that game in 97 and the wind was unbelievable--I do remember thinking that kicking off was a mistake but Shanny proved me wrong I'm going up this saturday also (I live about 90 miles away) and just a heads up there is already a lake effect snow warning for Friday and all day Saturday--gonna be a white field. Hopefully our backfield can come close to duplicating TD's effort in the 97 game (i wanna say around 200 yds). I cant wait to cheer on the orange and blue live
                              really? lake effect snow? I'm so glad we got out of Buffalo all those years ago...

                              That said, I love watching football in the elements.I really like it when they slide 10 yards after they hit the ground.

                              How many camera men will we take out this weekend?
                              sigpic
                              Adopted by: Peanut

                              "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                              -Sean Payton

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X