No announcement yet.

Please Get Ashley More Involved!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Get Ashley More Involved!!!!!!!

I was really expecting great things from him this season. Its just ridiculous how there have been so many few balls thrown his way. Im not sure if hes not getting open or if Plummer just trust Rod with the ball more... Also there has been more deep balls thrown to Rod than Ashley whats going on?

Originally posted by DBattack
    I was really expecting great things from him this season. Its just ridiculous how there have been so many few balls thrown his way. Im not sure if hes not getting open or if Plummer just trust Rod with the ball more... Also there has been more deep balls thrown to Rod than Ashley whats going on?

You just said it.

Ashley is not getting open and Jake trusts Rod more.

Comment

the kid cant run routes
      sigpic

Comment

hopefully hell get better and working on a little catching wouldnt hurt either
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
          I agree throw it to Ashley more. I didn't see anywhere where you said Jake doesn't trust throwing the ball to Ashley. So I'd like to see Ashley get more balls thrown his way also.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

Ash needs to work to get himself more involved.

It look slike he is still having problems getting seperation. We could really use his speed on the short slants.

Comment

Originally posted by Krugan
              Ash needs to work to get himself more involved.

It look slike he is still having problems getting seperation. We could really use his speed on the short slants.
              That's right.

I pulled some numbers off of Stats, Inc. regarding this. I'll put Rod's numbers up too just for comparison.

Passes Caught / Target

Smith - 79/114 - 69.3%
              Lelie - 34/76 -- 44.7%

Lelie's 42 non-catches ties him for 12th (worst) in the AFC. 4 of those 42 were drops. The rest are assumed to be poorly thrown balls, passes that were defended, or route errors on the part of Lelie.

Granted, not all of those are/were Lelie's fault, but if he had Rod's reception/target percentage then his receptions would be up considerably (~53) and I wonder if we'd even be having this discussion.

I'm beginning to think there's merit to one of Lelie's biggest knocks: he lacks the toughness to separate himself from physical play by cornerback. Don't think for a minute that defenses around the league haven't heard the same. He's not getting the looks because he's probably not open, and when he is open his route has been disrupted so much that by then Plummer has either checked off or his toss is off due to timing.

I don't know about Lelie. I like him and think there's a ton of potential there, but he needs to do something to correct this. Bulk up, work with Champ on breaking press coverage, something.... he has too much speed and too good of hands to not be more of a factor in our offense.

On a brighter note... Lelie is 2nd in the league averaging 18.9 yards per reception.
              Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 12-23-2005, 01:39 PM.
              Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
                That's right.

I pulled some numbers off of Stats, Inc. regarding this. I'll put Rod's numbers up too just for comparison.

Passes Caught / Target

Smith - 79/114 - 69.3%
                Lelie - 34/76 -- 44.7%

Lelie's 42 "not caughts" ties him for 12th (worst) in the AFC. 4 of those 42 were "drops". The rest are assumed to be poorly thrown balls, passes that were defended, or route errors on the part of Lelie.

Granted, not all of those are/were Lelie's fault, but if he had Rod's reception/target percentage then his receptions would be up considerably (~53) and I wonder if we'd even be having this discussion.

I'm beginning to think there's merit to one of Lelie's biggest knocks: he lacks the toughness to separate himself from physical play by the corners. Don't think for a minute that defenses around the league haven't heard the same. He's not getting the looks because he's probably not open, and when he is open his route has been disrupted so much that by then Plummer has either checked off or his toss is off due to timing.

I don't know about Lelie. I like him and think there's a ton of potential there, but he needs to do something to correct this. Bulk up, work with Champ on breaking press coverage, something.... he has too much speed and too good of hands to not be more of a factor in our offense.

On a brighter note... Lelie is 2nd in the league averaging 18.9 yards per reception.
                MnG you are always crunching the numbers. And it is worthy of cp. Always.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                  You just said it.

Ashley is not getting open and Jake trusts Rod more.
                  And rightfully so...

Ashley drops a lot too, don't forget. But I gotta give him his props, WHAT A CATCH last week.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

if ashley wasnt overthrown 90% of the time, he WOULD be havbing a monster season.. take saturday's game... his one deep ball catch was an AWFUL throw... i still dont kno how the hell he caught that

SIG MADE BY ME!!

my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
                    MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

Comment

Hate to say it but Lelie has been pathetic. Plan and simple Lilie isn't living up to his potential and Smith always has. Im not saying that Lelie doesn't have a glimmer of hope cause he does come on toward the end of the season, but the man is fast as hell and he can get open but he drops the ball or doesn't run the exact routes like Smith does. The truth is that Lelie should put Smith and the other great receivers to shame but he doesn't. I would love to know why and really see him succeed. We need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                        And rightfully so...

Ashley drops a lot too, don't forget. But I gotta give him his props, WHAT A CATCH last week.

i bet he has less drops then putz or rod for that matter,,,, of course he has less passes throw to him then rod ,, but we hardly could say he drops alot

we can say he doesnt get open...we can say he doesnt run his routes well
                        i believe its more of him and jake not timing it well enough...there is also at least one or two under thrown or well over thrown balls two lelie each game....if jake could hit lelei when hes open , in stride...i garentee would would get the corners to back off a little bit...then giving him the option to run the slant or other short play
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

He has a fear of safeties, he is spectacular along the sidelines or on deep routes where he gets behind the safety, IMO, he is great on first and second downs but is not the guy I want on the field on third down. (unless it's third and long)
                          I love seeing him play, just not on third down.
                          We will need a "legit" number one next season, somebody that will eventually take over for Rod because Ash is never going to be that guy.

Comment

You better look at Lelie stats. He only catches 40% thrown to HIM. He doesn't know how to break off routes and come back. He is a good downfield blocker for Rod Smith though. Gotta give him that. Lelie should be paying more attention to Smith and do exactly what he does. If Lelie really works at it he could be a top 3 receiver in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp_shepherd
                              You better look at Lelie stats. He only catches 40% thrown to HIM. He doesn't know how to break off routes and come back. He is a good downfield blocker for Rod Smith though. Gotta give him that. Lelie should be paying more attention to Smith and do exactly what he does. If Lelie really works at it he could be a top 3 receiver in the league.

Lelie has already had plenty of time to correct this.

He'll be going on his 5th year next season.

He'll be lucky to be in the starting lineup after his performance this season.

I really like Devoe, let see what he can do as the starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X