Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharp_shepherd
    replied
    Hate to say it but Lelie has been pathetic. Plan and simple Lilie isn't living up to his potential and Smith always has. Im not saying that Lelie doesn't have a glimmer of hope cause he does come on toward the end of the season, but the man is fast as hell and he can get open but he drops the ball or doesn't run the exact routes like Smith does. The truth is that Lelie should put Smith and the other great receivers to shame but he doesn't. I would love to know why and really see him succeed. We need him.

Leave a comment:

• ItalianSta11ion
    replied
    if ashley wasnt overthrown 90% of the time, he WOULD be havbing a monster season.. take saturday's game... his one deep ball catch was an AWFUL throw... i still dont kno how the hell he caught that

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    You just said it.

Ashley is not getting open and Jake trusts Rod more.
    And rightfully so...

Ashley drops a lot too, don't forget. But I gotta give him his props, WHAT A CATCH last week.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
    That's right.

I pulled some numbers off of Stats, Inc. regarding this. I'll put Rod's numbers up too just for comparison.

Passes Caught / Target

Smith - 79/114 - 69.3%
    Lelie - 34/76 -- 44.7%

Lelie's 42 "not caughts" ties him for 12th (worst) in the AFC. 4 of those 42 were "drops". The rest are assumed to be poorly thrown balls, passes that were defended, or route errors on the part of Lelie.

Granted, not all of those are/were Lelie's fault, but if he had Rod's reception/target percentage then his receptions would be up considerably (~53) and I wonder if we'd even be having this discussion.

I'm beginning to think there's merit to one of Lelie's biggest knocks: he lacks the toughness to separate himself from physical play by the corners. Don't think for a minute that defenses around the league haven't heard the same. He's not getting the looks because he's probably not open, and when he is open his route has been disrupted so much that by then Plummer has either checked off or his toss is off due to timing.

I don't know about Lelie. I like him and think there's a ton of potential there, but he needs to do something to correct this. Bulk up, work with Champ on breaking press coverage, something.... he has too much speed and too good of hands to not be more of a factor in our offense.

On a brighter note... Lelie is 2nd in the league averaging 18.9 yards per reception.
    MnG you are always crunching the numbers. And it is worthy of cp. Always.

Leave a comment:

• Mount-n-Groan
    replied
    Originally posted by Krugan
    Ash needs to work to get himself more involved.

It look slike he is still having problems getting seperation. We could really use his speed on the short slants.
    That's right.

I pulled some numbers off of Stats, Inc. regarding this. I'll put Rod's numbers up too just for comparison.

Passes Caught / Target

Smith - 79/114 - 69.3%
    Lelie - 34/76 -- 44.7%

Lelie's 42 non-catches ties him for 12th (worst) in the AFC. 4 of those 42 were drops. The rest are assumed to be poorly thrown balls, passes that were defended, or route errors on the part of Lelie.

Granted, not all of those are/were Lelie's fault, but if he had Rod's reception/target percentage then his receptions would be up considerably (~53) and I wonder if we'd even be having this discussion.

I'm beginning to think there's merit to one of Lelie's biggest knocks: he lacks the toughness to separate himself from physical play by cornerback. Don't think for a minute that defenses around the league haven't heard the same. He's not getting the looks because he's probably not open, and when he is open his route has been disrupted so much that by then Plummer has either checked off or his toss is off due to timing.

I don't know about Lelie. I like him and think there's a ton of potential there, but he needs to do something to correct this. Bulk up, work with Champ on breaking press coverage, something.... he has too much speed and too good of hands to not be more of a factor in our offense.

On a brighter note... Lelie is 2nd in the league averaging 18.9 yards per reception.
    Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 12-23-2005, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    Ash needs to work to get himself more involved.

It look slike he is still having problems getting seperation. We could really use his speed on the short slants.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Originally posted by DBattack
    I was really expecting great things from him this season. Its just ridiculous how there have been so many few balls thrown his way. Im not sure if hes not getting open or if Plummer just trust Rod with the ball more... Also there has been more deep balls thrown to Rod than Ashley whats going on?
    I agree throw it to Ashley more. I didn't see anywhere where you said Jake doesn't trust throwing the ball to Ashley. So I'd like to see Ashley get more balls thrown his way also.

Leave a comment:

• HidEmu
    replied
    hopefully hell get better and working on a little catching wouldnt hurt either

Leave a comment:

• HidEmu
    replied
    the kid cant run routes

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by DBattack
    I was really expecting great things from him this season. Its just ridiculous how there have been so many few balls thrown his way. Im not sure if hes not getting open or if Plummer just trust Rod with the ball more... Also there has been more deep balls thrown to Rod than Ashley whats going on?

You just said it.

Ashley is not getting open and Jake trusts Rod more.

Leave a comment:

• DBattack
    started a topic Please Get Ashley More Involved!!!!!!!

Please Get Ashley More Involved!!!!!!!

Working...
X