Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Devoe had a 3 yard catch where the DB fell on his butt due to the weather, which opened up the entire field. I'm not sold on Devoe, Adams or Watts at all. I've given up on Lelie except for his tremendous long ball abilities. We are in serious need of WR/TE help. Weakest points on our entire team.

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    Originally posted by Emancipator
    Mike and Gary have Lelie running the deep routes......I wish he was getting the short looks. Then I could really evaluate him. May this will be the game they throw to Lelie ten times.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Lelie on short routes = disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Knight
    Yeah, I would imagine that generally the deeper passes are harder to come by.

But unfortunately, Ashley's short game leaves much to be desired so those "easy" passes are ironically more difficult for him.
    Mike and Gary have Lelie running the deep routes......I wish he was getting the short looks. Then I could really evaluate him. May this will be the game they throw to Lelie ten times.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Devoe made a nice catch and run. As for Ashley, wouldn't the target stats be less since deeper passes are converted less than the 7 yard slants, 6 yard outs and curls/hooks.

But I agree Lelie and Plummer need to improve. Denver would be a much better team if Lelie, Adams, and Devoe are more involved in the passing game.

Yeah, I would imagine that generally the deeper passes are harder to come by.

But unfortunately, Ashley's short game leaves much to be desired so those "easy" passes are ironically more difficult for him.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Devoe made a nice catch and run. As for Ashley, wouldn't the target stats be less since deeper passes are converted less than the 7 yard slants, 6 yard outs and curls/hooks.

But I agree Lelie and Plummer need to improve. Denver would be a much better team if Lelie, Adams, and Devoe are more involved in the passing game.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    As much as I like Devoe and I would love to see him get more looks. I'm sticking with Lelie. But I agree Devoe has shown some nice moments at the WR. We do need the rest of the WR corp to step up and help the team.

Devoe has a 66.7 target/catch percentage.

Not to bad. Almost at Rod level!

At 44.7%, Lelie's is the worst on the team!

That's pretty crazy.

A play that sticks out for me with Devoe is the play against the Eagles where Plummer threw it behind Devoe. OK, Plummer throws a bad pass now and then. What happens when he throws a bad pass to Lelie? It goes incomplete or gets intercepted. What happens when he throws a bad pass to Devoe?

He takes it to the house!!!!

That's what we need right there.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Shanny is just trying to develop him.

He was a first round pick after all.

And right now, we really don't have much better.

But I think Devoe could challenge Lelie for the starting job next year.
    As much as I like Devoe and I would love to see him get more looks. I'm sticking with Lelie. But I agree Devoe has shown some nice moments at the WR. We do need the rest of the WR corp to step up and help the team.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    ........................................... Of course Rod is the man who would deny that.

Lelie must be the man since Shanny has him on the field.

Shanny is just trying to develop him.

He was a first round pick after all.

And right now, we really don't have much better.

But I think Devoe could challenge Lelie for the starting job next year.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    No, Rod is the man.

Lelie is a mere child.
    ........................................... Of course Rod is the man who would deny that.

Lelie must be the man since Shanny has him on the field.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Lelie will be okay. He's the man. Just get the ball in his hands. Period!

No, Rod is the man.

Lelie is a mere child.

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Lelie will be okay. He's the man. Just get the ball in his hands. Period!

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by sharp_shepherd
    You better look at Lelie stats. He only catches 40% thrown to HIM. He doesn't know how to break off routes and come back. He is a good downfield blocker for Rod Smith though. Gotta give him that. Lelie should be paying more attention to Smith and do exactly what he does. If Lelie really works at it he could be a top 3 receiver in the league.

Lelie has already had plenty of time to correct this.

He'll be going on his 5th year next season.

He'll be lucky to be in the starting lineup after his performance this season.

I really like Devoe, let see what he can do as the starter.

Leave a comment:

• sharp_shepherd
    replied
    You better look at Lelie stats. He only catches 40% thrown to HIM. He doesn't know how to break off routes and come back. He is a good downfield blocker for Rod Smith though. Gotta give him that. Lelie should be paying more attention to Smith and do exactly what he does. If Lelie really works at it he could be a top 3 receiver in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Superchop7
    replied
    He has a fear of safeties, he is spectacular along the sidelines or on deep routes where he gets behind the safety, IMO, he is great on first and second downs but is not the guy I want on the field on third down. (unless it's third and long)
    I love seeing him play, just not on third down.
    We will need a "legit" number one next season, somebody that will eventually take over for Rod because Ash is never going to be that guy.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Snk16
    And rightfully so...

Ashley drops a lot too, don't forget. But I gotta give him his props, WHAT A CATCH last week.

i bet he has less drops then putz or rod for that matter,,,, of course he has less passes throw to him then rod ,, but we hardly could say he drops alot

we can say he doesnt get open...we can say he doesnt run his routes well
    i believe its more of him and jake not timing it well enough...there is also at least one or two under thrown or well over thrown balls two lelie each game....if jake could hit lelei when hes open , in stride...i garentee would would get the corners to back off a little bit...then giving him the option to run the slant or other short play

Leave a comment:

Working...
X