Boy, talk about memories!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topscribe
    I've heard how much they hate us in Cleveland.

Guess it doesn't take long to figure out why, does it?

-----
    I experienced first hand in Cleveland & Canton on how much, not just the Broncos but, even moreso hate John Elway!
    Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

That Championship game was the first game i can remember watching with my dad. I was 7 and my dad was a converted Bronco to Raider fan. He later told me the heartaches got to be to much. We were living in Albuq. at the time and i just loved the color Orange so they became my favorite team......Now almost 30 years later im still here.

Comment

Well, I was 3 years old. I sure would have loved to see Moses that day. 5 catches for 168 yards and 2 td's. Sounds like it was a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
          Well, I was 3 years old. I sure would have loved to see Moses that day. 5 catches for 168 yards and 2 td's. Sounds like it was a great game.
          It was very exciting! I still have a copy (which I've had to replace several times), of that game and watch it at least once a year! This town went nuts!
          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

I can't say i remember alot from that game, just the color orange and it was the first game i watched with my dad. So many years has come and gone. I felt all the heartaches through the years until we finally won with Elway. Thats all i wanted as a fan was "this one's for John". A few days before our first Super Bowl victory my daughter was born. She and I were dressed in the new uniforms for our first game. Now almost 8 years later she and i watch all the time.

Now i can die a happy man.

Comment

I've heard how much they hate us in Cleveland.

Guess it doesn't take long to figure out why, does it?

-----

--__________________________________________________ _________________________

Case and point................

I was walking around Canton with an Elway Jersey on the weekend he was inducted......................I've never been "flipped off" so many times in my life.

P.S. Couldn't have been prouder.

Comment

One of the most exciting games I've ever seen was the AFC championship game in January 1978 between the Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders. Here is a recap from Top Stories on the front page here:

-----
                Top, thanks for that trip down Nostalgia Lane. It is amazing the extent that the Broncos seasons is woven in the fabric of a fan's life. During that fall, along with teaching and coaching I had to hunt long and hard to bring any meat home. I would plan each hunt to be where I could get back to the pickup to listen to the games on the radio and then go back to hunting until sunset. For the last few games, I was able to watch them on television.

There are so many memories. . . so many names from the past that this post brought back. Thanks.

I owe you a CP.

Comment

Working...
                X