Broncos RB successes - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos RB successes - how?

To who or what do you attribute the success of the Denver Broncos in being able to manufacture so many good RB's over the last few years?

Shanahan?
    Your RB Coach (don't know his name)?
    The Draft?
    Luck?
    The Offensive Line?
    What is it about Denver that makes them able to do this so consistently?
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

You can say...

The anwser my friend is all of the above! Running backs coach Turner, Head Coach Mike ( of course ), Alex Gibbs ( old o line coach ) before he left for ATL, and well the players are damn good they have a T.D. standard to live up to! Luck though I don't think plays any role just mad skill!!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals
      To who or what do you attribute the success of the Denver Broncos in being able to manufacture so many good RB's over the last few years?
      Shanahan? Yes (FA, draft, offensive schemes)
      Your RB Coach (don't know his name)? Yes. Bobby Turner, BTW.
      The Draft? Yes (Tatum)
      Luck? Yes. Luck is always involved in any long run, for instance.
      The Offensive Line? Yes. Touted as one of the best in the league.

-----

Comment

Good question....

My answer....Bobby Turner, the Broncos running back coach. I know the line is a philosophy of former line coach Alex Gibbs, but he's gone and the success continues. Tuner is in his 11th season and if you count back, that's the early Terrell Davis days.

He made TD a 2000 yard back and made Orlandis Gary understanding the one cut one.

If if wasn't for him, i think the Broncos running game would not be as half successful as it is today.

Let the contribution points flood in!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Id attribute it mainly to these 3 things

Shanny's Scouting
          The System
          Attention to Detail

Shannahan for years in being the bronco's GM and Coach has stood to one common principle, in that a Denver RB is a downfiled runner, who makes one cut and then runs down field, with an Oline that is consistenly undersized but is the most athletic in the league, and can use complex zone blocking schemes. Sticking to the forumla that has never failed him as gotten us this consistent a running attack.
          Blet

Comment

Alex Gibbs is the reason we run so well and would be better if he was still here.

Bobby Turner is good as is Mikey but Alex whioooed this line into shape and some of the current squad are masters at their art.

Comment

I guess a good followup question would be how successful do you see backs that leave your system being after joining up with another team? Will this be a consistent thing? I mean, everyone knows that Droughns and Portis are having good years with their new teams, but I haven't heard anything about Q-Tip in a while.

You guys are some smart fans, btw. Even though we're likely going to be rivals in a few weeks, I want to say it while I won't feel dirty about being respectful toward you guys.
              HEAR ME ROAR!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, and what was the deal with drafting Maurice Clarett? Can someone explain what your guys' reaction to that was? Did you really believe that Shanahan could turn him into a productive NFL RB?
                HEAR ME ROAR!
                sigpic

Comment

Shanahan?
                  Your RB Coach (don't know his name)?
                  The Draft?
                  Luck?
                  The Offensive Line?
                  What is it about Denver that makes them able to do this so consistently?
                  yes to all of the above.....

but it all starts with Shanny tho....
                  "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                  -The best in the business-

Comment

Oh, and what was the deal with drafting Maurice Clarett? Can someone explain what your guys' reaction to that was? Did you really believe that Shanahan could turn him into a productive NFL RB?
                    I actually had faith that we plug in MC that he would have a shot to shine, but he dropped the ball and didn't even get a chance to show what he can do. He got cut before the last pre-season game.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                      Alex Gibbs is the reason we run so well and would be better if he was still here.

Bobby Turner is good as is Mikey but Alex whioooed this line into shape and some of the current squad are masters at their art.
                      I agree 100%

Comment

If you listen to Schlereth, TD and other former Bronco turned TV talking heads, you will get the feeling the give Alex Gibbs (ex o-line coach) most of the credit for the running success.

I think it starts with Shanahan in the sense that he believes in being committed to the run, but it was Alex Gibbs zone blocking scheme that was implemented that turned Denver into the best running team over the last 11 years.

If you have any doubt, look at Atlanta. Gibbs was hired by Atlanta and last year and this year they become the best running team in the NFL. (Partially scewed by Vicks running numbers, but even discounting Vick's numbers, they are one of the best running teams this year and last.).
                        The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

This one is easy. Alex Gibbs, plain and simple. The man is a phenom when it comes to teaching the O line. He relates to them and they love him in return. Have you ever watched how fired up he is on the sideline. I knew he could never stay retired. They will have to take him off the field in a coffin. He believes in speed, misdirection and low blocking. A true genius.

Comment

I think i can run for 1000 yards behind one of Gibb's lines and i'm a couch potato.

Comment

s-h-a-n-a-h-a-n

THIS ONE'S.......FOR JOHN!

Comment

Working...
                              X