No announcement yet.

Broncos RB successes - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes to all of the above. But, with the Broncos having amazing runnign teams for so long... you have to think Shanny is the mastermind behind it all.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
      Yes to all of the above. But, with the Broncos having amazing runnign teams for so long... you have to think Shanny is the mastermind behind it all.

No it was mostly Alex Gibbs, he was brought in as the O-line coach and ultimately promoted to Assistant HC. The combo of him and Bobby Turner and of course with the blessings of Mikey.

Comment

Thank Mike...

As much as I realize Alex Gibbs was a big reason for the Broncos running game, this starts at the top with Mike Shanahan. This is the way he wants to play, I think the Broncos would still have a great ground game no matter who the O-line Coaach was. This is evidenced by the moves King Mike made upon his arrival in the first two years. he got what he thought was the best O-line Coach. He signed FA Linemen on both sides (commitment to running and stopping the run) and drafted a young RB in the late rounds he saw something in. This is the result of Mike Shanahan's beliefs of what it will take for us to be successful. This is the blueprint that HE laid. Which coincidently, is pretty much the ingredients of a SB Champion (us too!!)...

Commitment to the Run.
        Successful Run games tire opponents, eat up the clock, help your QB, we know!
        Solid O-Line play.
        The Run sets up Playaction.
        An athletic mobile QB who can roll an throw, and run when he can.
        Depth at RB.
        A good blocking FB.

I thank God for Mike Shanahan. Sometimes I may have been too critical when we sucked and lost games, I am a HUGE emotional Fan, and was too quick to throw a knife at him. He has brought us back to the brink of a SB, like it or not, 2 games away. He is one of the best Coaches around, plain and simple. The last 10 Years as a Broncos Fan are unforgettable, I hope he's with us for another 10 Years and beyond, I want him to Coach the Broncos his entire Career.
        "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million."-Shannon Sharpe

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBroncsFan
          As much as I realize Alex Gibbs was a big reason for the Broncos running game, this starts at the top with Mike Shanahan. This is the way he wants to play, I think the Broncos would still have a great ground game no matter who the O-line Coaach was. This is evidenced by the moves King Mike made upon his arrival in the first two years. he got what he thought was the best O-line Coach. He signed FA Linemen on both sides (commitment to running and stopping the run) and drafted a young RB in the late rounds he saw something in. This is the result of Mike Shanahan's beliefs of what it will take for us to be successful. This is the blueprint that HE laid. Which coincidently, is pretty much the ingredients of a SB Champion (us too!!)...

Commitment to the Run.
          Successful Run games tire opponents, eat up the clock, help your QB, we know!
          Solid O-Line play.
          The Run sets up Playaction.
          An athletic mobile QB who can roll an throw, and run when he can.
          Depth at RB.
          A good blocking FB.

I thank God for Mike Shanahan. Sometimes I may have been too critical when we sucked and lost games, I am a HUGE emotional Fan, and was too quick to throw a knife at him. He has brought us back to the brink of a SB, like it or not, 2 games away. He is one of the best Coaches around, plain and simple. The last 10 Years as a Broncos Fan are unforgettable, I hope he's with us for another 10 Years and beyond, I want him to Coach the Broncos his entire Career.

Yes Mikey is the commitment, but without hiring Alex none of this scheme would have worked. He and Mikey invented the scheme. Now which comes first the chicken or the egg. NO one saw TD as the RB of the future until preseason, they liked his attitude. We truly became a run first team when TD became dominant RB he was.

Edit Perhaps not invented BUT Perfected it.

Comment

I think Gibbs has to get the lion's share of the credit because he developed a system of blocking so effective the damn NFL had to change their rules on blocking to try and slow us down. Then I think the O-line is next in line for credit for years of producing and executing, and the whole we don't deal with the media and the level of brotherhood the o-line shares. Their bad mamba jambas. And yes of course Shanny deserves the credit for the hiring, game planning, play scripting, drafting, etc....
            "An exemplar who knows what they know and knows what they do not know, truly is one who knows."

Comment

Originally posted by isblis
              I think Gibbs has to get the lion's share of the credit because he developed a system of blocking so effective the damn NFL had to change their rules on blocking to try and slow us down. Then I think the O-line is next in line for credit for years of producing and executing, and the whole we don't deal with the media and the level of brotherhood the o-line shares. Their bad mamba jambas. And yes of course Shanny deserves the credit for the hiring, game planning, play scripting, drafting, etc....

The O-line not talking and all block is all because of Gibbs.
              HE was the guy that set it all up, talk to the press and pay the fine. He wanted NO ONE with a big head (EGO) playing for him as it got in the way of the mission, BLOCKING.

Why are they still good? He passed alot on to Mikey and Dennison, but he still has a couple of disciples playing out there.

He moved on to ATL were the new HC coach also embraced it. ATL currently leads the league in team rushing.

So it is more Alex than players and other coaches. Gibbs is the mover and shaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                The O-line not talking and all block is all because of Gibbs.
                HE was the guy that set it all up, talk to the press and pay the fine. He wanted NO ONE with a big head (EGO) playing for him as it got in the way of the mission, BLOCKING.

Why are they still good? He passed alot on to Mikey and Dennison, but he still has a couple of disciples playing out there.

He moved on to ATL were the new HC coach also embraced it. ATL currently leads the league in team rushing.

So it is more Alex than players and other coaches. Gibbs is the mover and shaker.
                It helps to be the leading rushing team in the league when your QB is yet another great runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                  It helps to be the leading rushing team in the league when your QB is yet another great runner.

No doubt but, at 610 yards many trying to escape being sacked 34 times. I'm pretty sure if Jake was running for his life only 21 sacks perhaps the numbers would be closer.

Comment

Working...
                  X