A question about CHAMP BAILEY.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about CHAMP BAILEY.

This guy is supposed to be the best corner in the biz right? But look at the Skins secondary compared to our last season. Weren't we ranked higher even though the Skins had Smoot and Ifeyani Ohalete and a few others that were better players? That seems weird that we had worse talent in the secondary than they did, but we were better without CHAMP. Think about it.

Look how many teams have floated offers to the Skins for him....must be something great about him.

Comment

They didn't have a pass rush. CBs can only cover for so long. Without a sufficient pass rush then the QB can sit in the pocket and wait for their guys to get open

Comment

The SKins also had no offense, meaning the D stayed on the field more = more scoring opportunities for opponents = lower ranking.

Plug Champ into a defensive scheme with Wilson/Gold (hopefully) running your middle D and our defense will rank in the top five across the board.

We still need a run-stuffer though, someone who can take a RB head-on. With Champ in the secondary, it will allow our MLBs to move up on run plays and stuff them.

Just my humble opinion...

Comment

I say we take Tommie Harris out of Oklahoma in the first round. That guy is a player.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBroncoFan
            The SKins also had no offense, meaning the D stayed on the field more = more scoring opportunities for opponents = lower ranking.

Plug Champ into a defensive scheme with Wilson/Gold (hopefully) running your middle D and our defense will rank in the top five across the board.

We still need a run-stuffer though, someone who can take a RB head-on. With Champ in the secondary, it will allow our MLBs to move up on run plays and stuff them.

Just my humble opinion...
            Now that it appears he is here, Bailey is pretty solid against the run. He is a good enough athlete that he can blitz or move up for support when asked. And he's not a typical tiny CB. He isn't huge, but he is not one of those 5'8" 170lbs dudes either. Basically, I think he can help a little against the run, at least more so than O'Neal, who always looked for the big INT and often was out of position or in bad coverage.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Good take actually -

But with Bailey in the secondary, we won't see Al running to cover deep passes like we did a few times this year.

I can't wait to see us shut down T. Gonzalez! Between Champ and Wilson....the Chiefs are going to wonder where their offense went....

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                I say we take Tommie Harris out of Oklahoma in the first round. That guy is a player.
                Yea, Sooners!
                But he's a tweaner. He needs to improve the 'burst' and bulk up.
                Otherwise, he could be a great pick.
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, he's 6'3 288, which is more like a DE. I'd still like to see us do what Lava said and put Pryce back inside with Gardener and let Berry and Hayward play ends. I do this on Madden football and I'm 1st in rushing yards allowed. Maybe it would be like that in real life as well if Gardener stays with us.

Comment

Did Gardner get hurt at the IHOP in Madden 04?
                    Just wondering??????
                    Last edited by rcsodak; 02-24-2004, 03:34 PM.
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

The book on Bailey

Career Defensive Stats
                      Year Team G Tack Asst Sacks Int PD FF FR
                      1999 Was 16 61 5 1 5 17 0 0
                      2000 Was 16 52 5 0 5 14 0 1
                      2001 Was 16 49 2 0 3 18 1 1
                      2002 Was 16 62 6 0 3 24 0 1
                      2003 Was 16 67 4 0 2 9 1 2