Resting our starters (merged thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resting our starters (merged thread)

Resting some starters? Or still too early? Jakes taken some shots, dont need him going down when its no longer really a game.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Bvp Ftw!!!!

Comment

1 or 2 big plays can easily change the complextion of the game. Keep the starters in. There is too much on the line (#2 seed) to play backups. Next week it becomes an option.
      Where does the abuse of end? Where?

Comment

Into the 4th atleast. But what about next week?

Comment

I think offensive back-ups shouldn't be a problem. Lets face it, if god-forbid Jake goes down hurt, BVP is going to be coming in, I'd prefer he has a little experience in a game that matters even if its just clock control for a full qtr, than only having experience in a game with little to play for. Sometimes you just have to trust a back-up.
          "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
          Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie
            Sometimes you just have to trust a back-up.
            We aren't in that situation and don't need to put ourselves there. Next week is plenty of game time to get some guys a few reps if Shanahan thinks they need it.

Comment

Make the starters play. I don't worry as much about injuries as I do about our starters getting RUSTY! Two weeks is too long to give our starters off, IMO!

Comment

u want it will you get it?

now that denver will lock up the 2nd seed in the AFC baring a catastropy that makes the charger game not that important how much will our backups play
                Kyle Orton Army #184

Comment

Not saying give them the whole game off, just play them sparingly next week, and remove them now.
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

i would imagine about a half
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Roberts
                      now that denver will lock up the 2nd seed in the AFC baring a catastropy that makes the charger game not that important how much will our backups play

I think it'll be like a preseason game. The starters might get a couple series to start the game just to keep them fresh, then look for about 3 qtrs out of the back-ups. That's how I would play it.

Comment

This is a situation that could go either way. Of course you want for the starters to heal, and also not get hurt, but you also want them to stay sharp, as they will have a week's layoff when the playoffs start. Not sure what you do here.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Play'em the first quarter, sit'em the rest of the way.

Comment

theyll play a series or two
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree with only playing them about 1 quarter next week. These guys are all professionals, and having 3 qtrs off won't do anything but help them heal and get ready for the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X