• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Troupe, Flordia...
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

our line is built for a speed back, not a power back. portis is small for a RB.

griffin would be a gr8 rb for us and he would have help from galloway/sapp and our FB. (anderson if he is still here but more probably reuben d).

Comment

Stop with all the "Kiewan Ratliff" talk. He's 5"9 for god's sake. He may be good as a KR, but he is undersized to be a good NFL DB.
        Derrick Strait, Nathan Vasher, DeAngelo Hall, or even Ahmad Carroll would be a better pick than Ratliff.

If Sharpe goes, I say take Florida's Ben Troupe(TE) in the first round or Oklahoma's Tommie Harris(DT). With one of our 2nd round picks we could get Kevin Jones, Steven Jackson, or Mewelde Moore at RB. I'd like to see Cecil Sapp take the starting position since he looked like a tough runner whenever I saw him play. Not great speed though. Q is just too small to take on the load every game. Galloway isn't fast but he could work out well as a FB if Droughns isn't brought back.

Comment

Julius Jones

Is Jones really that slow? That suprises me. Did you see him against Pitt last fall? He put on a show! I love his running style. Great balance, power and all the intangibles....I think someone is gunna get a steal if they gobble him up.

Comment

Julius Jones is Thomas Jones' brother, and that says it all right there. B U S T.

Comment

I say we package a deal to move up and draft Sean Taylor from Miami! He and Champ gives a great start on a great Secondary we badly need!

Comment

40 yard dash times straight from Larry Coyer's notes from the combine in Indy.

Group 3 Saturday (Running Backs):

1. Tatum Bell, RB, Oklahoma State: 4.37
                2. (tie) Ran Carthon, RB, Florida: 4.40
                2. (tie) Julius Jones, RB, Notre Dame: 4.40
                4. Josh Davis, RB, Nebraska: 4.53
                5. Rich Alexis, RB, Washington: 4.62

Tatum Bell - Crazy speed!!!

Comment

Nathan Vasher is 5'11 185lbs, not 5"9. He played corner and some safety at Texas and ran back punts and kickreturns. Very versatile.

Comment

I think QG can handle the load, maybe look at Quincy Wilson in the 3rd or 4th. I've seen him play through high school and college and he's only getting better!

Comment

Package some picks & players and move up to take Sean Taylor...
                      Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

DeAngelo goes 5"11 200lbs. Keiwan is good no doubt, but we don't need a small CB that would maybe be a nickel or dime back on our team when we could get a better corner with better size that could maybe make an impact opposite Bailey someday. WRs are getting so big now, he just couldn't hang with those guys. He and Deion Branch would be a good match up though!

Quincy Wilson impressed me as well, especially when he leveled that Miami guy and then hurdled his limp body on the way to paydirt. I stood up and cheered when he did that.

Comment

Yeah i'm from WV so i watch the Mounties but Marshall is my team. Quincy is just up the river from my hometown and we played him in the high school playoffs. He flatted one of our kids on about the 3 yard line and just walked into the endzone, He's a stud and been well rested playing behind Avon.( which wasn't as good as Q anyway)

Comment

I like Mewelde Moore from Tulane as well. He's 6"1 201, and he has the abilities that make Portis successful, though he's not nearly as good. I really like Steven Jackson, and this Tatum Bell you all speak of intrigues me. Kevin Jones does as well.

Comment

Another CB or Florida TE Ben Troupe
                              "Brian Williams that is Ed McCcaffrey that just tattooed you flat on your back!"

Comment

If Jackson or Jones is available, I want one of them;preferably Jackson, but if not then I gotta stick to my pick I made months ago: BEN TROUPE. Trust me, this guy is the next Shannon Sharpe. He would fit in sooooooo freakin' well with us it's not even funny. Shockey who?

Comment

Working...
                                X