No announcement yet.

With Bailey, what do we draft in Rd 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Bailey, what do we draft in Rd 1?

just curious what you all think we'll do then if we get bailey? what becomes our most pressing need other than running back?

Re: With Bailey, what do we draft in Rd 1?

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
    just curious what you all think we'll do then if we get bailey? what becomes our most pressing need other than running back?
    TE....QB.....more depth at the DT position couldn't hurt.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Denver seems pretty high on Jeb Putzier, why wouldn't we give him the chance to hold the job down?

Comment

IF we get bailey then i see us drafting like this.

DL - round 1

QB - round 2

WR - round 3

originally i had WR as a higher priority but then i realised we had madise and jackson who can HOPEFULLY step up.

maybe take a FB in round 4. even if portis goes why do we need to draft a RB when we have 3 good young 1's already in griffin, galloway and sapp???

if sharpe retires then we need to take a TE in round 2 and move the others down a step.

Comment

It's gotta be Defensive Tackle. We need someone that can stuff a RB that's running head-on. It appeared that the way to rush against our D-line was to take it straight at 'em. Of course we were without Gold/Mobley so Wilson was working all angles and offenses were able to spread us out more.

With a good DT - we'll be a Champion caliber defense.

Secondly - a TE I think. Gone are the days of the tree-headed monster and Sharpe may be gone. So, we have to build for the future with a good blocking/catching TE.

Comment

people come on!!

How can you expect griffin to be our RB, he won't last.

Get tatum bell in the first round or stephen jackson or something.

then hopefully put a package with our 2 2nd rounders with oneil and anderson and get another 1st rounder to get a top WR.
            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

why the d-linemen in rd 1. we had three d-linemen on the IR last season and they were looking good in camp before they were injured. D-line is something that we have good depth in I think. I have to agree with Jared though, it doesn't make sense unless we're trying to move up in the draft.

Comment

DB or DL. I am for increasing our secondary which has been burnt. Also I would like to see more pressure from our defensive line.

Comment

DT
                  WR
                  LB

If Dj Williams or Jonathan Vilma are available at #24, then
                  that would be intriguing in light of Mobely's cloudy furure.

If Someone like Rashaun Woods is still ther at #24 then that
                  could happen as well, but i doubt it since he ran a 4.43 at the
                  combine..
                  Last edited by bustemindamouth; 02-24-2004, 02:50 PM.

Comment

why have 4 young rb's. its a waste of a draft pick.

roy williams was giving gr8 praise to griffin (they went to college 2gether).

i agree with u tx, it does'nt matter if we get a DE or DT. if we get a DE then move pryce to tackle and if we get a tackle then leave pryce at end.

who are these young lineman??? any good [email protected]??

Comment

Originally posted by PortisIsAStud26
                      wrong...
                      r 1-rb chris perry
                      r-2- dl vince wilfork (redskinds pick)
                      r-2- wr jerrico cotthrey (steal)
                      r-3-db keiwan ratliff (steal)
                      r-4-te kris wilson (steal)
                      and 5- who nos

chris perry? please no. That guy can't break an arm tackle. He is weak in between the tackles. Unless it is semi wide he won't get through. TATUM BELL OR STEPHEN JACKSON PEOPLE!!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

I think a DT is the way to go on the 1st round

RB in the second round after that not sure whether we should go TE or WR.
                        The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                          why have 4 young rb's. its a waste of a draft pick.

roy williams was giving gr8 praise to griffin (they went to college 2gether).

i agree with u tx, it does'nt matter if we get a DE or DT. if we get a DE then move pryce to tackle and if we get a tackle then leave pryce at end.

who are these young lineman??? any good [email protected]??
                          Because none of then are very good. Sapp, Galloway are slow. Griffin is to small that's why. We drafted a bunch of people on d-line last year let them develop this year then we will see about that. Otherwise, time to address the offensive side.

You too Cutler.

Comment

I don't really like Chris Perry as a pick. The word coming out of the combine and senior bowl was that he didn't look as good as most teams thought he would. I'll leave picking a running back up to shanahan but all other draft picks are fair game.

Comment

RB, no doubt

I completely agree with the post about Tatum Bell, RB, from Oklahoma St.

I honestly don't think Griffin, Sapp, and Galloway are the answer. Griffin can make plays, but he is not a warrior like Portis. Remember the Raider game when Shanahan said Porits became a warrior...something like 40 carries and 130 yards. Not a great ypc that day, but he kept fightin', digger for all the tough yards. He won the team over that game. Griffin is not that type of player. Griffin is a situation, down and distance player, period. Yes, I love having him, but if Denver thinks he is a replacement for Portis, they are completely wrong! I feel very stong about this.

I say it is a must to go RB with our first pick or with the our 'new' 2nd round pick. The top two backs, Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones will be long gone, but there are two guys that I really like (diamonds in the rough). One is Tatum Bell and the other is Julius Jones from Notre Dame. Other names to keep an eye out for are Chris Perry from Michigan (not a big fan of his running style) and Greg Jones from Florida State.

Comment

Working...
                              X