The true feeling of DJ Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The true feeling of DJ Williams

So maybe I have been soured by the evil messages of the MUG, but he sure hates DJ Williams. Until recently I was under the impression everyone agreed he was an awesome piece of the team. What are the thoughts of everyone? MUG hates DJ and calls him a bust but just on Saturday night the announcers were singing his praises. So what is the belief here? For me, I will always believe DJ was a great pick and is a great player despite his stats this year. I guess Coyer said something negative about him though when I read that comment last summer it sure seemed to me Coyer was just being the type of guy who is hard to get a compliment from.

Long live DJ!

P.S. I am not trying to say anything negative about MUG, just wondering if people agree or disagree!

Well, when Al finally gives way, it is apparrent that DJ is the heir apparrent (as he assumed the role, when Al went out for a few plays.)

Sure, he's probably being used wrong, (playing out of position) but when you have a perennial pro bowler ahead of him and a team captain, you don't want to shake up the team like that, and frankly, Al's prolly just better.

A bust? No...it's a different year, different things happen, different course of actions develop that dictate stats. Denver not only made several personell adjustments on the defensive side of the ball, but philosophical ones as well.

DJ will be fine.
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

DJ is one of the future bright spots on the team.

Probably Al Wilsons replacement in a couple of years.

He is not being played correctly now and unless he gets moved either back inside
      or to the weak side and gold gets moved to hyper SS. He might get discouraged and whither.

Comment

Well, when Al finally gives way, it is apparrent that DJ is the heir apparrent (as he assumed the role, when Al went out for a few plays.)

Sure, he's probably being used wrong, (playing out of position) but when you have a perennial pro bowler ahead of him and a team captain, you don't want to shake up the team like that, and frankly, Al's prolly just better.

A bust? No...it's a different year, different things happen, different course of actions develop that dictate stats. Denver not only made several personell adjustments on the defensive side of the ball, but philosophical ones as well.

DJ will be fine.
        Im sure he could perform every bit as well as Al (except in pass coverage one on one) But does he have the atitude and leadership qualities that Al has?
        What I mean is, can he be the cool cat in the locker room that Al has become?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
          Im sure he could perform every bit as well as Al (except in pass coverage one on one) But does he have the atitude and leadership qualities that Al has?
          What I mean is, can he be the cool cat in the locker room that Al has become?
          Good questions.

As a younger player, it will be up to him to learn from the other guys and mature into a true leader, on and off the field.
          Originally posted by boltzpride619
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

He is a good player, can be a great player some day.

Next game he is playing the MLB position he enjoys and excells at most. Lets see how he performs and scrutinize his performance then.

I for one am grateful that the Broncos have him on the roster!!

Comment

He hasn't been good this year because he's in the wrong position. He's stuck covering a tight end on every play. That's not what D.J. should be used for, but it's really the only place for him with Gold and Wilson. D.J. was a decent WILL last year, and would really excel in the middle. But the SAM LB is like career suicide for him. Even Donnie Spragan was much more productive than Williams was at that position.

Overall, D.J.'s lack of production over there is just another reason to support a switch to the 3-4 defense. That way, Williams could also be put in the middle with Wilson where he could play to his strengths - speed and tackling in run support.
              A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

DJ is great.

DJ has so much talent that the coaching staff is smart getting him on the field as a starter. DJ can play any of the three LB positions and is at the best position for this team at this time. The coaches know much more and are much better experienced in determining where each player helps the team the most. Big Al is a Pro-Bowler at MLB and Gold is excellent where he plays. DJ can play all the positions and should be on the field at a position that helps the team the most. He provides instant depth.

Comment

...................it's his second year.............................................. ...................................

Comment

its not that he can not cover but we are always in a nickle, and he is replaced, only because Gold is the better of the 2 in coverrage, but when williams is on the field he is productive. He is a great player that is not being used....thats all...we jsut dont use him on the feild

i say move gold to Strong side, he has played there bfore, or move him to SS he is faster then anyone we got there now and would be a great run stopper, and Dj could play Weak again...

but are D is not bad so....

Comment

Dj

I was also thinking about this and to me i think its just the great players around him.. i mean if you look at any of our line backers stats they arnt super( there good though) and i belive that we have the best set of backers in the league. So it isnt that our player got worse or were a bust we have seen djs ability he can play.. i think its simply there are more people that are also making plays so him and al dont have to do it all..There just sharing lol

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
                        its not that he can not cover but we are always in a nickle, and he is replaced, only because Gold is the better of the 2 in coverrage, but when williams is on the field he is productive. He is a great player that is not being used....thats all...we jsut dont use him on the feild

i say move gold to Strong side, he has played there bfore, or move him to SS he is faster then anyone we got there now and would be a great run stopper, and Dj could play Weak again...

but are D is not bad so....
                        I would say that it's more DJ's horrible blitzing than Ian's coverage abilities. DJ's probably a better cover LB than Gold anyways.

Ian is an explosive blitzer and he blows up plays like nobody's business, DJ's too straight line and gets washed out easily...

Don't get me wrong though, DJ's an immense talent, he's just got some things to work on still. He's only 23, don't forget that...

Comment

yeah, i know...i rember on draft day they were talking about how he could have came out his junior year and been top 10, after he locked up on some teams Star TE and shut him down...do i know he can cover.

and i think he still is great, but we need to use him more then we are now

Comment

Well, it's good they are allowing him to play MIKE finally. That is where the guy needs to be playing, not WILL, not SAM. He can be a very good MLB/ILB, and I hope that he shines in this role so that the team will consider a switch to the 3-4 for next season (which they should have done this season), and will cost us in the playoffs....but that's another debate.

Anyhow, the original poster did not accurately state my stance on DJ Williams. Since he was drafted, I have said he was a MLB only and until he is allowed to play inside he was a waste of a selection. That still stands.

As for a bust, he will be a bust as a first round selection until he is allowed to play inside for an entire season. The problem is the Broncos' scouting department erred in their accessment of Williams. He's not a bad person, he's not a bad player, he's a one-dimensional run stuffer and thus a middle LB, why the team ever thought he was more is beyond me. It was obvious what he was down at Miami. Just because a guy is fast does not mean he can blitz or play an effective OLB.

In summary, I don't hate DJ Williams, I hated the selection because we have a MLB and this is the 2nd time we have done this, the first being with Terry Pierce. The pick should have been Vince Wilfork, why it wasn't, I'll never know. I think the team panicked with the Ian Gold situation.

Anyhow, DJ Williams is a top 20 pick, its his 2nd year. A top 20 LB in their 2nd year should be a dynamic player, LBs are not usually drafted in the top 20, so when they are, they should be elite. To this point, DJ Williams has been a huge bust.

Comment

Hey if it aint broke, dont fix it. Leave this defense the way it is. When BIG AL WILSON retires, Williams can take over. DJ still starts. Just let things play out. Do what's best for the team right now. This guy is gonna be a Ray Lewis type player in about 3 years. Just give him time and let Wilson and Gold do their thing.
                              Image Created by BroncoFanCam

Comment

Working...
                              X