The true feeling of DJ Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Well, it's good they are allowing him to play MIKE finally. That is where the guy needs to be playing, not WILL, not SAM. He can be a very good MLB/ILB, and I hope that he shines in this role so that the team will consider a switch to the 3-4 for next season (which they should have done this season), and will cost us in the playoffs....but that's another debate.

Anyhow, the original poster did not accurately state my stance on DJ Williams. Since he was drafted, I have said he was a MLB only and until he is allowed to play inside he was a waste of a selection. That still stands.

As for a bust, he will be a bust as a first round selection until he is allowed to play inside for an entire season. The problem is the Broncos' scouting department erred in their accessment of Williams. He's not a bad person, he's not a bad player, he's a one-dimensional run stuffer and thus a middle LB, why the team ever thought he was more is beyond me. It was obvious what he was down at Miami. Just because a guy is fast does not mean he can blitz or play an effective OLB.

In summary, I don't hate DJ Williams, I hated the selection because we have a MLB and this is the 2nd time we have done this, the first being with Terry Pierce. The pick should have been Vince Wilfork, why it wasn't, I'll never know. I think the team panicked with the Ian Gold situation.

Anyhow, DJ Williams is a top 20 pick, its his 2nd year. A top 20 LB in their 2nd year should be a dynamic player, LBs are not usually drafted in the top 20, so when they are, they should be elite. To this point, DJ Williams has been a huge bust.
    Didn't you say about six weeks ago that the Chiefs were going to win the rest of their games, and that the Broncos would be squeaking into the playoffs with the sixth seed? I understand your "pessimistic and never disappointed" mindset, but I would suggest sprinkling a little more optimism on your outlook.
    “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighSpirit
      Didn't you say about six weeks ago that the Chiefs were going to win the rest of their games, and that the Broncos would be squeaking into the playoffs with the sixth seed? I understand your "pessimistic and never disappointed" mindset, but I would suggest sprinkling a little more optimism on your outlook.

Umm, no. I did not say anything of the sort. I said the Broncos would be the 2nd seed over the Bengals, but I did say the Chiefs would squeak in as the 6th seed. That probably won't happen after the loss to the Giants unless the Steelers slip against Detroit.

Comment

In the end, I think DJ will end up being the best player we drafted last year. Especially if we continue the two RB rotation we used this year in the future.

If not for all the better linebackers we already have, DJ still puts up great numbers. I'm thrilled to have him as a Bronco!

Comment

Umm, no. I did not say anything of the sort. I said the Broncos would be the 2nd seed over the Bengals, but I did say the Chiefs would squeak in as the 6th seed. That probably won't happen after the loss to the Giants unless the Steelers slip against Detroit.
          Hmmmmmm, I believe you did also.

I will be seeking that post to refresh your memory.

I always stated that the *****s would choke as would SD.

So, the strongest always survives.

Comment

Me Too

Originally posted by JWinn
            In the end, I think DJ will end up being the best player we drafted last year. Especially if we continue the two RB rotation we used this year in the future.

If not for all the better linebackers we already have, DJ still puts up great numbers. I'm thrilled to have him as a Bronco!

I agree with ya J. DJ is the future of our LB's. Not that Al and Ian are old. DJ has the size and speed to compete in this league for a long time.

Comment

DJ is AWESOME

he really intimidating to the other teams too...

i love his aggression iand i would HATE to lose him

SIG MADE BY ME!!

my myspace: www.myspace.com/italian2sta11ion
              MY CUSTOM RINGTONES: http://djdraggytones.mstore.xingtone.com

Comment

Anyhow, DJ Williams is a top 20 pick, its his 2nd year. A top 20 LB in their 2nd year should be a dynamic player, LBs are not usually drafted in the top 20, so when they are, they should be elite. To this point, DJ Williams has been a huge bust.

im not so sure you have a clue about this, i repsect your posts and your knowlege...

but DJ was 2nd in DROY voting not like a bust to me.....

he is jsut not being used in the pakages, but when he is in he is doing very well

**and your whole idea of him being one-dimensional is very ver inaccurate, he was a very good cover LB in college, and last year many time he lined up on the slot WR and held his own

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
                  im not so sure you have a clue about this, i repsect your posts and your knowlege...

but DJ was 2nd in DROY voting not like a bust to me.....

he is jsut not being used in the pakages, but when he is in he is doing very well

**and your whole idea of him being one-dimensional is very ver inaccurate, he was a very good cover LB in college, and last year many time he lined up on the slot WR and held his own
                  I agree with you. I remember him making a lot of big plays last year such as in the Indy blowout, Peyton's first drive, it was like 3rd and five and Peyton threw it to one of his TEs and DJ comes out of nowhere and busts it out of the dude's hands. I remember thinking "ahhhh beyotches this year is different" but then P-touch picked on Roc the rest of the game. I think DJ is one of my favorite Broncos (of course behind Rod, Al, and Champ) and I expect he will be a dominant player for us in the future.

Comment

I dont see the big deal playing him where he is. He hasnt been a liability playing strong side and just because he doesnt have fabulous pro bowl type numbers doesnt mean hes not having a good year, the defense is playing great, and hes a big part of why.

Comment

Working...
                    X