Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_flien_finn
    replied
    FYI: What a player makes per year is NOT what their cap number is.
    All players salarys add together to make total salary paid out. When you are over the cap already by 5.7Mill; adding another 8 Mill to that puts you some 13.7 over: and the more players you pile onto it without renegotiating some heavier contracts compounds the problem.

Leave a comment:

• the_flien_finn
    replied
    I never heard about Madison. Please post a link to the story.
    I searched and searched, but could'nt find any info on it. I read it in another thread about a week ago: but no link was posted to that end. He's not a F/A; so I assumed that if he is available then he must have been released. For the moment, we can view it as an unverifiable rumour.

Leave a comment:

• sportsgeist
    replied
    I knew we were over the limit because we have been restructuring contracts for a few years now. I remember Griese and McCaffery did theirs in the last 3 years. I think people are starting to realize it more since we are trying to dump Clinton Portis.

All I hear is "Why are the Broncos getting rid of Clintion Portis?" "They're stupid!"

Well We're out of cap room. With the problem we have with money I know Sharpe, McCaffery and Gardener are most likely gone. If they work for the league minimum is the only way they stay. Of course we'll be looking for a few players to restructure their deals to help too.

This very moment reminds me of Payton and Malone of the L.A. Lakers.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Re: Broncos Over salary Cap

Originally posted by the_flien_finn
    I found a listing of all 32 NFL teams and their salary cap status. Denver Broncos are some 5.7Mill over.
    Now....Peter King claims that Champ Bailey is going to cost this organization some 8 Mill per year: Being 5.7 over already will put this organization in the red further then what Miami is right now; who had to cut Sam Maddison loose to get a little relief.
    Champ would be good for The Broncos; but you gotta wonder how can this organization afford him? And what is the penalty for operating over the cap limits?
    Here is the list I found.Salary Caps For All 32 Teams
    FYI: What a player makes per year is NOT what their cap number is.

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    I never heard about Madison. Please post a link to the story.

Leave a comment:

• the_flien_finn
    replied
    I believe they released him about a week ago already. NFL fans all over the league have been discussing the possibilities of their teams picking him up. Although he is quite a bit older then Champ Bailey; he's still a very good & experianced CB.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMERFAN16
    replied
    The "Phins" cut Madison? When did this happen?

Leave a comment:

• broncosbeast
    replied
    Good point. But the number crunchers will always be able to work something out.

Leave a comment:

• the_flien_finn
    started a topic Broncos Over salary Cap

Broncos Over salary Cap

I found a listing of all 32 NFL teams and their salary cap status. Denver Broncos are some 5.7Mill over.
    Now....Peter King claims that Champ Bailey is going to cost this organization some 8 Mill per year: Being 5.7 over already will put this organization in the red further then what Miami is right now; who had to cut Sam Maddison loose to get a little relief.
    Champ would be good for The Broncos; but you gotta wonder how can this organization afford him? And what is the penalty for operating over the cap limits?
    Here is the list I found.Salary Caps For All 32 Teams
Working...
X