A Forgotten Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Forgotten Back

Check this guy out. If we lose Portis I would love to have Jones to replace him.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7098771

From the above site:
    11. Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech: He is the best back of a pretty good class for one reason: He has breakaway speed. That makes defenses hold their collective breath every time he touches the ball. Some wonder about his toughness between the tackles. Don't. He's plenty tough enough.

Any guesses to how high he will go. Based on what I've read not many people are thinking of him.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Bump.
    Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

an excusable bump

Comment

its betwen him and jackson that is the favorite to be the first off the board for backs

Comment

He sounds a lot like Portis.

Comment

Jackson sounds more like TD.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosbeast
              He sounds a lot like Portis.
              His 40 yard time would help give us an idea of his true speed rather than what some schmo on sportsline wrote.

So far, the fasest guy in the combine that I have read is Tatum Bell from OSU with a 4.37.

Portis ran a 4.32 if I read correctly. These times are not representative of how a player can actually USE that speed in a game, like Portis can. I will be skeptical of any so-called Portis-like back, until he can prove how good he is.

Portis is the most explosive player at his positioin in a decade.
              Last edited by RunByDesign; 02-24-2004, 08:38 PM.
              Originally posted by boltzpride619
              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
              X