No announcement yet.

Would Kubiak make a good HC for Texans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Kubiak make a good HC for Texans?

Texans fan checking in.

We are having a big debate at the Houston Texans message board about our next head coach. A lot of people want the Herm Edwards and Wade Phillips type of coaches, the guys who are big names in the league.

I am putting Kubiak at the top of my list, mostly for what I think he has done to help Plummer turn things around.

So here's my questions:

1. Has Kubiak been a major factor in the success of Plummer?

2. Has Kubiak played a vital role in the success of the Broncos' offense, or is it attributed to other things (players, schemes, other coaches, etc.?)?

3. If Shanahan, for whatever reason, were to leave the Broncos...would you install Kubiak as head coach? Why or why not?

4. What is his style of coaching?

Just curious to see what you, the Broncos fans, think of Kubiak.

Originally posted by gpshafer_1976
    Texans fan checking in.

We are having a big debate at the Houston Texans message board about our next head coach. A lot of people want the Herm Edwards and Wade Phillips type of coaches, the guys who are big names in the league.

I am putting Kubiak at the top of my list, mostly for what I think he has done to help Plummer turn things around.

So here's my questions:

2. Has Kubiak played a vital role in the success of the Broncos' offense, or is it attributed to other things (players, schemes, other coaches, etc.?)?

3. If Shanahan, for whatever reason, were to leave the Broncos...would you install Kubiak as head coach? Why or why not?

You have to attribute at least some of the Broncos' success to Kubiak... and to Coyer, and to Shanny, and to all the other coaches, and to the players... etc. etc.

Kubiak was courted for a HC job during our SB run... I assumed that he was sticking around to get the job here when Shanny leaves. But nobody knows when that will be. Bowlen has openly said that he has a job here as long as he's willing to coach for us. I don't know if Kubiak wants the HC job here or elsewhere... But if Shanny were to leave, (I hope not) I would be more than willing to have Kubiak take over... he's been with the organization forever. He's worked with Shannahan so long that we really probably wouldnt' miss a beat.

Kubiak and Shannahan both sat down with Plummer this offseason to help him make better decisions...

I don't know what else to say about him... except I hope he stays.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

No,he would be a bad head coach,he should just stay in Denver for the next 10 to 20 years and do what ever needs to be done if Shanny ever quits football to go fishing or whatever...
      sigpic

Comment

He would make a good coach for the Texans. But i want him to stay with Denver.
        Image Created by BroncoFanCam

Comment

Dose puppet have a meaning. While he might be a passable OC, we will never know cause Mikey calls the strings and shots.

Comment

Every day my dad (in Houston) comments about stealing Kubiak from me. I'm really hoping he doesn't go. He's been with the organization what... 20 years? Some ties are not easily broken.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Kubiak was Elways backup. AT least i think so?

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
                Kubiak was Elways backup. AT least i think so?
                That's correct.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I think he would make a very good head coach, but I am being very selfish and do not want to see him leave the Broncos.

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Is he even calling the offense plays right now? or is shannahan?

Comment

Originally posted by gpshafer_1976
                      Texans fan checking in.

So here's my questions:

Since I would like to see Kubiak leave, I think he would make a great coach ANYWHERE but here!!

As far as your questions go...

1. If limiting St. Jake's attempts makes him a factor, then I guess he was. I don't find it all that "revolutionary" that the play book was simplified, and the passing attempts were reduced. Even an average QB (St. Jake) should have better numbers under those circumstances.

2. The success of the Broncos offense lays with one man.... Shanny!!

3. See my opening reply.

4. Who knows? He SHOULD have some grasp of offense, but who knows if he can put a defense on the field?

In conclusion, I hope he is offered the job and that he takes it.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's impossible for us to say if he would be good as a HC. For one thing, who knows how much he knows about defense and special teams, some OC know more than others about stuff like that.

Plus, while I assume he has the leadership qualities to lead an offense (with Shanny's help), who knows if he would be good leading the whole locker room.

We can't know if he would want to leave, he stayed during the SB years, maybe he's changed his mind, maybe he hasn't. Maybe he doesn't want to take on the responsibility of a HC, especially that of a team with as many problems as the texans.

P.S. Mtn_man, I don't really know that much about Kubiak as an OC, just a little from player quotes, and the success of the offense over the years, but what don't you like about him?
                        RIP Darrent Williams

We'll all miss you

Comment

Originally posted by JakeToRod16to80
                          It's impossible for us to say if he would be good as a HC. For one thing, who knows how much he knows about defense and special teams, some OC know more than others about stuff like that.

Plus, while I assume he has the leadership qualities to lead an offense (with Shanny's help), who knows if he would be good leading the whole locker room.

We can't know if he would want to leave, he stayed during the SB years, maybe he's changed his mind, maybe he hasn't. Maybe he doesn't want to take on the responsibility of a HC, especially that of a team with as many problems as the texans.

P.S. Mtn_man, I don't really know that much about Kubiak as an OC, just a little from player quotes, and the success of the offense over the years, but what don't you like about him?
                          He's a "puppet" coordinator. He doesn't call the offense, Shanny does. He simply does what Shanny tells him to do.

Now, that might be a reflection of a fault with Shanny and not Kubiak, but who knows?

And, if he is calling the plays, his prevent offense this year nearly cost us a few games, and DID cost us the NYG game.

He was a backup QB, and it appears he is a backup coach.
                          sigpic

Comment

He's had the opportunity to learn the x's & O's from one of the best. I think its time he flies from the nest now.... or he's never going to be asked again.

I think he needs to take advantage of our success this season, and take ANY Head Coaching job he is offered. I don't think he's HC material....but its hard to tell if he's being held under the shadow of Shanahan, or if he can really hold his own.

Comment

I really wish he would stay,the combo of him and Shanny seems to be working,why break it up?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X