Bailey is overrated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailey is overrated...

This is a wonderful message board for information. I had to put in my two cents. As an advid skins fan I am delirious to hear of this trade. I assumed it would be at least Bailey and a skins 1st rounder for Portis but to hear it is only a second round pick is icing on the cake. I don't know how many skins games you get to see in Denver but Bailey is living off his reputation as a shutdown corner. He is good but he is not the complete shutdown corner (i.e. Deion Sanders in his prime) like he was two years ago. When teams threw his way, this year, he was beaten soundly on numerous occasions. I am sure he will be helped by the broncos rush defense (which is non-existent in Washington) but do not mistake Bailey as the complete shutdown corner is once was. I know the broncos need a good corner and have had success plugging in running backs but to give up a special player like Portis is insane. Moreover, I think Peter King is way off base. The injury case is somewhat valid but to compare the playmaking capabilities of a rb to a corner is just downright ignorant. Besides the qb the rb touches to ball more than any other player. Maybe the chargers are thinking about trading LT for charles woodson. That would be the only thing more insane than Portis getting traded. As a skins fan, I thank the broncos for giving the skins Clin-ton Por-tis.

This is what I have been trying to tell all of the Chump Bailey Jockstrap Ryders the whole time.

CHAMP BAILEY IS TREMENDOUSLY OVER-RATED.
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

then how come on the skins message boards, there all pissy & dont even want to give up a 2nd rounder, for CP

CHAMP IS DA MAN

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
        This is what I have been trying to tell all of the Chump Bailey Jockstrap Ryders the whole time.

CHAMP BAILEY IS TREMENDOUSLY OVER-RATED.
        Please portisistheman...tell me how Champ Bailey is TREMENDOUSLY overrated!! He is clearly one of the top lock down corners in the league, hence only 2 picks this past year. Who knows, maybe we'll find out that CP is a bit overrated if he goes to Washington? I just think you have NOTHING to say that CB is overrated.
        BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCy
          Please portisistheman...tell me how Champ Bailey is TREMENDOUSLY overrated!! He is clearly one of the top lock down corners in the league, hence only 2 picks this past year. Who knows, maybe we'll find out that CP is a bit overrated if he goes to Washington? I just think you have NOTHING to say that CB is overrated.
          Why don't you show me some TREMENDOUS stat's to prove he is God, like you seem to think.

I have a bookful for Portis.
          Last edited by RunByDesign; 02-24-2004, 09:56 PM.
          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

Comment

Like his whole two interceptions he got last year???

Comment

Why don't you show me some TREMOUNDOUS stat's to prove he is God, like you seem to think.

PORTISMAN i respect you ad all, but what stats do u want from a SHUTDOWN corner, He shuts cats down, THEY DONT THROW TO HIS SIDE AT ALL DUDE, what STATS do u want ?

Comment

Originally posted by jbones733
                PORTISMAN i respect you ad all, but what stats do u want from a SHUTDOWN corner, He shuts cats down, THEY DONT THROW TO HIS SIDE AT ALL DUDE, what STATS do u want ?
                I had NFL ticket. I saw EXACTLY how many times he got burned.
                Reminded of Lenny Walls.

Did you watch all the Redskin games this year?

I did.

He does not get int's. We SUPPOSEDLY wanted to get someone who was gonna get int's.

Guess what...he's not that guy.

Comment

Why don't you show me some TREMOUNDOUS stat's to prove he is God, like you seem to think.

How about not missing a game in his 5 year career? He has nearly 20 picks for his career as well. He doesn't need stats, he is a lock down corner, he shuts down the best WR on the other team...thats good enough for me. Like King said today on PTi...Portis' career could be over in one play (hence Terrell Davis).
                  BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Like King said today on PTi...Portis' career could be over in one play (hence Terrell Davis).
                    Jesus...so could Bailey's...or ANY NFL player, for that matter.

Comment

he shuts down the best WR on the other team...thats good enough for me.
                      Hey and for ONLY 50 MILLION DOLLARS.

We got Al wilson...a fine TACKLER, (not much else), for 40 MILLION and Champ...a good cover guy, (not much else), for a mere 50 MILLION.

But we can't afford to give one of the BEST players in the NFL a small, two-year raise and then pay him a big-time RB salary in two years for more superb service.

We should just trade to get Griese back and the logic would be complete.

Comment

i watched a handful of skins games, the only receiver I've seen him have trouble with is Toomer

Comment

We should just trade to get Griese back and the logic would be complete.
                          UGHHHH
                          Don't bring that up. He was cut by the dolphins & we do need a back up! lmfao.

Comment

...and they're letting fiedler talk with other teams......
                            ...I laugh everytime I see him w/out his helmet on......THOSE EARS!!!!!!
                            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                              ...and they're letting fiedler talk with other teams......
                              ...I laugh everytime I see him w/out his helmet on......THOSE EARS!!!!!!
                              Hey, maybe we can OVERPAY HIM, TOO!!

He is a lockdown QB!!

Comment

Working...
                              X