Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by portisistheman
    Hey and for ONLY 50 MILLION DOLLARS.

We got Al wilson...a fine TACKLER, (not much else), for 40 MILLION and Champ...a good cover guy, (not much else), for a mere 50 MILLION.

But we can't afford to give one of the BEST players in the NFL a small, two-year raise and then pay him a big-time RB salary in two years for more superb service.

We should just trade to get Griese back and the logic would be complete.
    Portis threatened to hold out last year and the Broncos offered him more money if he'd sign a longer term deal. Portis refused. The Broncos were going to give him a new deal this offseason but Portis started insisting he is the best back in the NFL and should be paid like it.

This from a guy who still has two years left on his current contract. He refused more money because he wanted MORE money when the Broncos aren't obligated to bump his pay a single penny.

I'm not saying the Broncos should overpay Bailey...I'm saying the Broncos need not overpay Portis. He's a really good back that looked great thanks to the great play of the rest of his offense and the offensive line, in particular. This is shaping up to be a no-win situation for the Broncos. Damned it they do, damned if they don't.

At least they got Al Wilson re-signed...
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by tahuya man
      I watched a few Redskins games this year too. I noticed that the offenses Washington faced didn't throw the ball bailey's way very much. You can't get many picks when they avoid you.
      Yeh but if the teams learned to avoid it while he was in Washington, who's to say they won't avoid him here? We haven't fared well with trades from Washington lately...I'm thinking if this goes through it'll be another IHOPFlop.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureMrsPortis
        Yeh but if the teams learned to avoid it while he was in Washington, who's to say they won't avoid him here? We haven't fared well with trades from Washington lately...I'm thinking if this goes through it'll be another IHOPFlop.
        Is anyone here going to take into consideration that Champ Bailey has been to I think it is 4 strait Pro Bowls? I don't think that an overrated player lucks out 4 strait years, does he? Correct me if I am wrong here.
        BroncoCy: Quality posting since Nov 2003

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCy
          Is anyone here going to take into consideration that Champ Bailey has been to I think it is 4 strait Pro Bowls? I don't think that an overrated player lucks out 4 strait years, does he? Correct me if I am wrong here.
          Well, if you insist...It should read:
          Is anyone here going to take into consideration that the Chump has been to, I think, 4 straight Pro Bowls? I don't think that an over-rated player lucks out 4 straight years, does he?

He has made it to the pro-bowl on the NFC team, which typically has had weaker players. As far as over-rated players making it 4 straight years...How many years has Priest made it? How about Ganon? Who's been the QB for the NFC team? How about RB? Over-Ra-ted..*clap clap clap-clap-clap* Similar to the chiefs...

Comment

Is anyone here going to take into consideration that the Chump has been to, I think, 4 straight Pro Bowls? I don't think that an over-rated player lucks out 4 straight years, does he?

He has made it to the pro-bowl on the NFC team, which typically has had weaker players. As far as over-rated players making it 4 straight years...How many years has Priest made it? How about Ganon? Who's been the QB for the NFC team? How about RB? Over-Ra-ted..*clap clap clap-clap-clap* Similar to the chiefs...
            First off...thank you for the grammer errors, I guess every message board has to have an English scholar to correct us retards.

Second...it does not matter one bit what conf. you represent in the Pro Bowl...both confrences are on par with each other when it comes to quality of players, this is not the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCy
              First off...thank you for the grammer errors, I guess every message board has to have an English scholar to correct us retards.

Well, you DID request a correction.....
              Originally posted by boltzpride619
              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by portisistheman
                Well, you DID request a correction.....
                lol...guess you got me there!

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, FutureMrsPortis, but I think Clinton is a little overrated, too.

He is a really good back but, like most most really good backs, he's not going to look quite as good on a team that isn't so geared toward the run as the Broncos are. Denver's O-line was great run blocking the past few years and Portis rarely seems to acknowledge them. If you put Portis behind an average run-blocking line, Clinton will not look quite so grand.

The only running back I can remember who could consistently overcome his O-line's deficiencies was Barry Sanders and Clinton is NO Barry Sanders.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think it's almost always the case that great running backs have good-to-great offensive lines. This isn't unique to Portis.

Having a great cornerback like Bailey, who has to rely much more heavily on his own abilities, could be far more helpful to the Broncos than a very good running back who looks better than he is thanks to his great offensive line.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                  X