Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if we already have the next Portis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Music department? I was involved over there--Marching band & held most of the positions in Sigma Alpha Iota...

I really dislike political debates...Sad thing was I originally wanted to be a poli-sci minor...but that was ages ago--and when I was down in NM.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureMrsPortis
      Really? Music department? I was involved over there--Marching band & held most of the positions in Sigma Alpha Iota...

I really dislike political debates...Sad thing was I originally wanted to be a poli-sci minor...but that was ages ago--and when I was down in NM.
      You know, this one time at band camp................

LOL

As a former marching band member myself, I never heard of an actual band camp, but the joke was there FMP.....

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

They started a music 'school' in an old church in Louisville...he's a music prof. at CU.
        Last edited by rcsodak; 02-24-2004, 11:08 PM.
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

*ahhmm*
          I happen to resemble that remark...

I didn't go to a band camp (overnight camps, etc) like they portray band camp in the movies, but we always had "band camp" the week before school started...

And yes I do play the flute/piccolo.

And no...it does not go there!

*LOL* actually, I was sort of dating this guy a few years ago and he came over for dinner at my house & was sitting there & something came up about American pie & they were giving me a hard time about it because at the time I had the same color hair/hair cut as "Michelle" did & all of a sudden from nowhere my DAD bursts out "HAHA And she plays the flute too!!!!" I about died & the guy *STILL* won't let me live that one down.

My last boyfriend before Robb thought I looked a lot like her & after we saw AP 2, he would not drop it & kept calling me michelle. Of course, when I met Robb, he's not good with names & called me Michelle or Meghan for the first few weeks we were dating...ugh.

Comment

What'd you play, Jared?
            Trumpet for me.
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

*ahhmm*
              I happen to resemble that remark...

I didn't go to a band camp (overnight camps, etc) like they portray band camp in the movies, but we always had "band camp" the week before school started...

And yes I do play the flute/piccolo.

And no...it does not go there!

*LOL* actually, I was sort of dating this guy a few years ago and he came over for dinner at my house & was sitting there & something came up about American pie & they were giving me a hard time about it because at the time I had the same color hair/hair cut as "Michelle" did & all of a sudden from nowhere my DAD bursts out "HAHA And she plays the flute too!!!!" I about died & the guy *STILL* won't let me live that one down.

My last boyfriend before Robb thought I looked a lot like her & after we saw AP 2, he would not drop it & kept calling me michelle. Of course, when I met Robb, he's not good with names & called me Michelle or Meghan for the first few weeks we were dating...ugh.
              It would have ended really quick if you would have busted out "Say my name *SLAP*....say it!"

Just like in the movie..............

Comment

Who said I didn't?

Hmm...a "school" at a church in Louisville...I work in Louisville...hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  What'd you play, Jared?
                  Trumpet for me.
                  Drums, a little bass guitar, veyr very little 6 string

vocals, usually harmony, but I have been a front man too. Only when there was an established drummer or another guy came in who was better than me...or if I was the best singer by default.

But in marching band, percussion and drums, depending on what year.

Drum kit in the basketball 'pep' band.....but only during gilrs home games, since I was on the boys team.

And I played pretty much any other percussion instrument in concert band.

Jazz band was too practice intensive for my schedule of sports, drama, academics, girls, and the boy scouts.

Comment

Who said I didn't?

Hmm...a "school" at a church in Louisville...I work in Louisville...hmm...
                    ???????????????????

I thought you were on Boulder?

Comment

girl scouts??????????????????:0

lol/jk
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Eh?
                        I work in Boulder too. LOL...(Louisville is a small little city just east of Boulder..here it's pronounced lewis-ville, unlike Kentucky)

And I live in Downtown Denver.

I love driving...really...

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                          girl scouts??????????????????:0

lol/jk
                          Well, yes, THOSE kept me busy too....you know, their camp was right down the highway from mine

Comment

I got kicked out of the girl scouts when I was 5! *sigh*
                            haha not really I just thought they were lame & too girly!

Comment

I got kicked out of the girl scouts when I was 5! *sigh*
                              haha not really I just thought they were lame & too girly!

That's cause they are lame.

I could have a looong post on how amazed I was between the differences in summer programs, but I am afraid it would come off as sexist...even though I think the world of, and respect all women, at THAT time, I felt the GSA was out of touch with getting girls ready for the modern world.

Comment

Yeh...Crafting & selling cookies 101...

It was ridiculous.

I went to 1 girl scout meeting, got bored out of my mind.
                                I went to 2 weeks worth of camp because my sister was in gs & my mom had been asked to be the "shopper" for camp. I had more fun going to the community college to get certified in clowning/magic. (Yes, I'm a certified clown! hehe) I also had more fun in science/museum/zoo schools that they offered. I got so sick of learning how to sing rounds of "Make new Friends" and "Fish & chips & vinegar..." and making popsicle stick potholders & other such things...

Comment

Working...
                                X