No announcement yet.

the broncos loyalty shines through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, unfortunately many players get lost in the money. I work for the gov't and could make a lot more as a contractor, but I enjoy the job and security, so I feel that it is worth it to take less money. But I still think there is a difference when you talk pro sports and normal jobs.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

I'll agree to that. I can work for 30 years, they can only play for 6 or so.
      Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by orange_crush77

The way the front office has operated thus far in the offseason - if John Elway were in his fifth year with the club today he would surely have been traded....
        Oh come on...that can't be proved and is just silly to suggest that.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Oh come on...that can't be proved and is just silly to suggest that.
          Really? Is that so far fetched? The slogan around the club right now is "Build the defense...defense wins games...defense wins superbowls."

With all of that being thrown around right now and the fact that John would probably have been a big hit to the salary cap - he would have gone (based on Shanny and Bowlen's latest decisions).
          -----------------------------------------
          Is Atwater around? Terrell Owens needs a SMACK DOWN!

Comment

Really? Is that so far fetched? The slogan around the club right now is "Build the defense...defense wins games...defense wins superbowls."

With all of that being thrown around right now and the fact that John would probably have been a big hit to the salary cap - he would have gone (based on Shanny and Bowlen's latest decisions).
            that's the slogan of the NFL not just the Broncos. And I don't remember Elway ever saying he would hold out for more money, which is probably the main reason why portis is getting traded!!

You too Cutler.

Comment

Yes it is. All 32 teams want a franchise qb to build their offense around. By John's fifth season he had already established his importance to the Broncos, besides you don't trade away a franchise qb if can avoid it.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

which is probably the main reason why portis is getting traded!!
                Hmmm...don't remember ever mentioning Portis.....

Anderson is getting screwed. Granted, Ed hasn't had a good year for a while but there is also Gold, he looks like he'll be gone as well...or rather drive out by Shanny.

I'm just saying its all suspect. Gotta wait till the draft and training camp to see what unfolds, but this offseason still does not exactly say LOYALTY to me.

We did sign Wilson....only after he threatened that by making him a franchise player he would make the next season pretty "unbearable." The Broncos were originally just going to slap that tag on him and wait till next year....they didn't do it out of loyalty, they did it to avoid confrontation that owuld last a season (or more).

Comment

Hmmm...don't remember ever mentioning Portis.....
                  Hmmm...don't remember ever mentioning Elway but I responded to your comment about him you could at least return the gesture. No reason to be an ass about it.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Hmmm...don't remember ever mentioning Elway but I responded to your comment about him you could at least return the gesture. No reason to be an ass about it.
                    Wow, someone is taking this way too personally.

I didn't respond to your Portis comment because that's not part of the argument. The topic was loyalty - Portis hasn't been very loyal so why should the broncos? I'm not debating the Portis trade - I agree with you that he *****ed too much and they want to trade him now.

I'm just saying that in the past the Broncos have been loyal. And they still are to some players...but there is not as much loyalty being shown in their actions as of late.

Comment

Wow, someone is taking this way too personally.

I didn't respond to your Portis comment because that's not part of the argument. The topic was loyalty - Portis hasn't been very loyal so why should the broncos? I'm not debating the Portis trade - I agree with you that he *****ed too much and they want to trade him now.

I'm just saying that in the past the Broncos have been loyal. And they still are to some players...but there is not as much loyalty being shown in their actions as of late.
                      actually I'm not. I just don't understand why you had to be an ass and hmmm...don't remember ever saying anything about portis. I didn't remember ever saying anything about elway, or anyone else, but you brought it up.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Ok - one more time:

The argument centered around loyalty. True, I brought up Elway...then you countered with
                        And I don't remember Elway ever saying he would hold out for more money, which is probably the main reason why portis is getting traded!!
                        Insinuating that I thought the Broncos were being disloyal to Portis, which I did not. Thus, the comment
                        Hmmmm...I don't remember mentioning Portis
                        Not trying to be an ass...just sticking to the original debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X