Ian Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Gold

I'm tired of people talking about this Portis and Bailey trade. Ya, its big but the fact is, is that Ian Gold's free agency will be coming up and nothing is being reached contract wise. The broncos can win without Portis with the strong young backs but they cant win without Ian Gold.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Gold would be great to have back, but I don't know that the team will fall apart without him. Spraghan and Sykes filled in very well for Gold and Mobley. And I still want to see what Pierce is capable of. No, with Wilson back, I don't think re-signing Gold is as crucial as it was. I am not saying that they should ignore him and let him sign somewhere else, but the defense can stand to lose him now.
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

are you serious? Is Ian Gold expendable? I don't think so, I think he's a talented LB that is still young. I bet he worked on his strength this offseason and comes back bigger.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

All that I am trying to say is that with Wilson back to anchor our defense we could survive without Gold. Will we be AS good, probably not. But we have a few good young linebackers that can step up. But I didn't consider Mobley's injury. Has anyone heard what his intentions are? We can not lose both Gold and Mobley. Maybe Mobley will become the liability and they will cut him to make salary cap room? But either way you guys are right, re-signing Gold should now be high on Denver's priority list.
        Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

First off I want to say that I don't think Gold is likely to find what he's hoping to in free agency thanks to his injuries. He's a solid OLB but he's not the kind of over the top talent that would warrent a large contract given the injury problems he's had.

I personally want to see him back and I think there's a good possibility that it will happen, inidications that I've seen point to his wanting to continue to play for Denver (this means quite a bit for a player in his position IMO) and I think the Broncs will be able to match whatever other teams might offer him, he's got alot of talent but his injuries severely limit any offers he might get IMO.

In any case there is some very good raw talent coming out of the draft this year that would fit into our defensive scheme very well, I'm not saying Gold would be easily replacable (no veteran is) but I don't really see him as being a big dollar guy at this point.

Comment

I think with Wilson resigned, Gold will follow. We need to keep this LB corps together. It is the fastest in the league and all...
            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

What do y'all think about switching Pierce to the outside? It's hard to believe that they'll waste his talent for beinga back up MLB for the next 7 years...

Comment

Originally posted by bustemindamouth
                What do y'all think about switching Pierce to the outside? It's hard to believe that they'll waste his talent for beinga back up MLB for the next 7 years...
                I think Sykes will play OLB if Mobley doesn't come back. Pierce isn't fast enough, whereas Sykes is.
                Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by rascal
                  I think Sykes will play OLB if Mobley doesn't come back. Pierce isn't fast enough, whereas Sykes is.
                  Pierce is a middle linebacker anyway, if played at an outside spot he would out position and like you I don't think he is fast enough to be an outside backer. Isn't outside linebacker Sykes natural postion anyway?
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    Pierce is a middle linebacker anyway, if played at an outside spot he would out position and like you I don't think he is fast enough to be an outside backer. Isn't outside linebacker Sykes natural postion anyway?
                    yes u r correct OLB is Sykes natural position but Pierce is gunna have to learn both MLB n OLB n b a factor on special teams bcuzz i think Spragan will b gone hes RFA n i doubt hes offered a contract...but u never know

Comment

It would be nice if we could get Gold back for the consistency sake. For that matter Mobley also. If we could get the three back we would have some of the fastest linebackers in the league again. They were just beginning to really gel together before the injuries.

I think Spragan showed enough last year that he could be picked up by another team but being a RFA I don't think that he will be signed by another team. He had some really good games and showed that he could start in this league. The Broncos have a real good crop of linebackers even if they lose Gold.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                        It would be nice if we could get Gold back for the consistency sake. For that matter Mobley also. If we could get the three back we would have some of the fastest linebackers in the league again. They were just beginning to really gel together before the injuries.

I think Spragan showed enough last year that he could be picked up by another team but being a RFA I don't think that he will be signed by another team. He had some really good games and showed that he could start in this league. The Broncos have a real good crop of linebackers even if they lose Gold.
                        Very true. Not to take anything for granted but I honestly think that Gold will be resigned, and from what I read in the Post it sounds like Ian wants to remain with team.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

If the direction they are taking is working on the D, they better sign Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Very true. Not to take anything for granted but I honestly think that Gold will be resigned, and from what I read in the Post it sounds like Ian wants to remain with team.
                            I would agree with you TX. I think his agent though wants him to test free-agency and I hope Ian is smart enough to squelch that and stay with the Broncos.
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              I would agree with you TX. I think his agent though wants him to test free-agency and I hope Ian is smart enough to squelch that and stay with the Broncos.
                              As I said I was reading in the Post I don't remember which article it was I think was the one on Wilson and his new contract. Anyway, Mobley commented that he had talked with Ian and he (Mobley) seem reasonably sure that Gold was willing to do whatever it takes to stay with the Broncos. Since you live there maybe you have heard something that isn't being reported if you have I would be interested to hear from you in an other post.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X