Denver Broncos MVP for this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos MVP for this season

Whos the MVP for this season for the Denver Broncos?
    Jake Plummer (3275 yrds, 18TD 7INT 90.6 Rating)
    35.40%
    Mike Anderson (1014 yrds, 4.2 Ave, 12 TD)
    3.10%
    Champ Bailey (55tackles, 8int 2TD's)
    33.63%
    Nick Fergeson (75 tackles, 5Int, 59ret yards)
    2.65%
    Al Wilson (72 tackles, 3sacks, 8 pass deflections)
    3.98%
    Ian Gold (85 tackles, 2sacks, 2deflections)
    3.54%
    Rod Smith (84rec, 1094yrds, 6TD's)
    10.18%
    Trevor Pryce (30tackles 3sacks, tons of pressure)
    3.10%
    Tatem Bell (869yards, 5.8ave, 5TD)
    2.21%
    Gerrard Warren (18tackles 2sacks)
    2.21%

The poll is expired.

Since you setup the poll so that you could pick multiple ppl, I almost picked Jake and Champ.

However, I went back to this question. What player being gone would have resulted in the Broncos missing the playoffs. The one answer is Jake. We played without Champ and played fine.

Did Champ save some games, I think so, but even that is arguable, since a game is fluid. Was his TD in Dallas important? Some say it was, but looked at another way. If Champ hadn't jumped that little pass in the flat and gone to the house, he wouldn't have bit on the fake pass to the flat in the next series and abandoned coverage on Keyshawn for Dallas to get an easy 7. Seems like those turned out to be a wash.

Either way, even if he saved the SD and Dallas games, I think not having Jake would have cost us many more games, and we would not be the #2 seed. Can't in good conciounse vote for anyone else.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Woah, I just looked on the Broncos site under defensive stats, and Champ has 26 pass deflections! Foxworth has 18 and Darrent and Ferguson have 12. QBs must really have been going at him this year.

But most valuable? I'm pretty sure we don't go 12-3 with BVP back there.

Comment

I really don't think we can have an MVP this season. If you think about it, we needed the team to win every game. That might sound stupid... but we were in the dumps at dallas.... and out of no where who really wins the game for us?? Dayne.

That win could of given us momentum for the rest of the year.

And of course there are others ya know?? THe oline for what they have done for our backs. Kyle Johnson......

Just way to many.

My vote for the team play.

Comment

jake the snake
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billymischke_33
            Whos the MVP for this season for the Denver Broncos?
            Well since Champ and Plummer were here last year and had good years, no great years they should be up there.

But Ian Gold might have completed the LB unit, and defense altogether. save for the KC game, the last loss, the defense really hasn't let up a 100 yd rushing game. Denver isn't 12-3 by accident, its becuase of the defense being more complete, along with the offense can't forget that, but with Gold, it seems like he brought more to the defensive unit.
            “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
            “How bad are they???”
            “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
            Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
            10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

I think Jake probably because he turned his play around SO much in terms of decision making.

Also Champ for turning the season around with his Mile High Surge.

I would wait another week for that so you can update the stats.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
              2. Taxes
              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Its hard to pick between Champ and Jake. But in the end I picked Jake, his great play this year has put us in position to win (or 'not loose' games if you prefer ) and that has realy helped this team get to 12-3 for the first time since the super bowl teams of old. Though Champ is a close second, no love lost for him

Comment

you can make a case for about all of the ones you lsited. but our MVP has to be Jake.

Comment

Plummer wins.......Champ a very close 2nd.

Comment

It' as easy as laying it out.

Champ:
                      If you take Champ out of the lineup, he is replaced with Foxworth opposite Williams and then Cox, Brandon or Paymah repaces Foxworth in the nickel. There is a drop off from Champ to Fox, and from Fox to Cox in the Nickel, but these guys (Fox, Cox and Brandon have shown they are at minimum solid).

Gold:
                      If you take Gold out, you replace him with Burns, Greene or Chakawah (or how ever you spell that). No question there is a drop off in cover skills, but only on about half the plays. All those nickel downs where DJ sits, he would now be on the field and some have argued that would be an upgrade. I don't agree it would be an upgrade, or the coaches would be doing it, but I think DJ would not be a drop off. So, only on first down and short yardage 2nd and 3rd downs is there a drop off.

Plummer:
                      If Plummer is not there, than Kanell or BVP is the starter.

Need I say more about who we would miss the most, therefore who is the MVP of this team.
                      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Kanell hasn't been with the team since opening day. where have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator

Plummer:

Need I say more about who we would miss the most, therefore who is the MVP of this team.

???????????

Kanell is out of the NFL.

The Broncos only carry 2 QB's.

Although this is not its normal emoticon usage, I am going to offer you a cup of

I think the caffiene will do you good.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3
                            Kanell hasn't been with the team since opening day. where have you been?
                            I've been watching every game. If Plummer had gone down in spring training, Kannel would have been the starter or kept as the backup.

Shanahan made a statement when he released Kanell that if something happened to Jake during the season he would give him Kanell a call since he knows the system. I guess it would be sort of like what happened with the Jets and Testaverde.

Hey tweedle dee, if you don't have anything nice to say.....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                              ???????????

Kanell is out of the NFL.

The Broncos only carry 2 QB's.

Although this is not its normal emoticon usage, I am going to offer you a cup of

I think the caffiene will do you good.
                              Ok, I usually try not to double post, but since two people nailed me on this.

Let's do the match. On the regular roster and practice squad the Broncos carry two QB's, Jake and Van Pelt.

If Jake goes/went down, and is not available for an extended period of time, you guys think they are simply going to play the rest of the season with a single QB in BVP? I guess at that point you guys figure Rod Smith would be the backup for the rest of the season, and if BVP went down, Rod would become the starter for the rest of the season?

I guess I am not the only one that needs Caffeine...

If Jake goes down, even if BVP initially starts, the call would go to Kanell, because he could be up to speed in no time, like testaverde with the Jets, where if they go to any other free agent QB then there is a learning curve for the system.

Hence, if Jake went down in spring training, or any time since, the starter would have been BVP or Kanell. Hence the fact that it would have been the biggest drop off in performance. Hence the fact that Jake has to be the MVP.

Unless of course you think Mike wouldn't have called Kannell in off the couch because you think Rod Smith's talents are wasted at WR and that Mike would have slid him over to backup or starting QB. Yea, I didn't think about that. That's genius. You the man!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X