Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharpe's Comments (not about retiring)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sharpe's Comments (not about retiring)

    Some interesting remarks on his take to the Portis deal. What do you guys think?

    http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/br...681197,00.html
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

  • #2
    Hmm, now I'm worried about the trade all over again...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sharpe's Comments (not about retiring)

      Originally posted by luvdembroncs
      Some interesting remarks on his take to the Portis deal. What do you guys think?

      http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/br...681197,00.html


      Shannon is a friend of Portis's so I can understand his comments. This took many people by surprise.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

      Comment


      • #4
        Ya - but there are other players who aren't exactly happy with it either....

        I think after this everyone is in "wait and see" mode until the draft and training camp.
        -----------------------------------------
        Is Atwater around? Terrell Owens needs a SMACK DOWN!

        Comment


        • #5
          From reading that article (and maybe I'm indulging in wishful thinking here), I'm getting the feeling that Sharpe isn't going anywhere. He's talking in the present and future tense, rather than reminiscing about what WAS, saying how much he'd miss everybody, etc. Again, I may be "reading between the lines" too much, but I sure hope not.

          And if Sharpe comes back for one, maybe he'll come back for two.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd like to think that they'd want to keep together that offensive core that has just now begun clicking the way it should. To break up that chemistry that was started at the end of last year will be a shame. If it's for the better of the team so be it, but I know everyone in the league feared facing an offense that contained a big play back like Portis, a mobile quarterback like Plummer, and sure handed receivers like Sharpe and Smith.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tahuya man
              I....
              True there are other teams that had more weapons, I'm just expressing that we have all the tools to be a dominant offense in the league. Not that teams feared us per say, but they didn't want to try and plan for an offense that had the options we had.

              Comment


              • #8
                Well...if Sharpe is not happy...then this team will be shred apart by taking away somebody they really like.


                Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by AsianOrange
                  Well...if Sharpe is not happy...then this team will be shred apart by taking away somebody they really like.
                  ^truth^

                  we all know what happened when the locker room lost that positive figure that everyone loved

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sharpe said that to a man they wouldn't be "happy." That is not the same thing as being against the trade. I'm not happy to pay my mortgage every month, but I like living in my house.

                    There are too many factors at work in these situations, plenty of which are not reported at the time, if ever. Pat, Mike and the Broncos mgt. did not fall off the trick this morning. They have all proven to be shrewd conductors of the business of Broncos football. Granted it gives us all some good stuff to discuss.

                    Shannon can say what he wants, he is very smart and plays into the hands of the media. You have to take everything he says into consideration, but with caution.

                    The more I think about it, the more I am comfortable with this trade. It will be interesting to see how things work out. And they will work out.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is a gaurantee if the trade does indeed go through Sharpe will retire. I've said it since this subject came up why would he play another year when his chances of making the Superbowl have lessoned than that of a the year before. Plus it is painfully obvious that offense is not a priority in Denvers overall plan.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And what about the fanbase? People can relate to a team better if they like somebody. Now if they get rid of Deltha or an Offensive Lineman..I'll be alright...but c'mon....the premier running back of the league?

                        Sharpe has a lot of info that should keep Portis in town!


                        Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

                        2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sharpe is staying ?

                          The article seemed to breathe "I'm here for the team regargless. I was Clinton's advisor ...his bigger brother, now he's going to get a deal that the Broncos may not have given him anyway.

                          Shannan wants another ring and he's not unhappy with Bailey, and niether is the team. They just didn't want to see Clinton go. That's what teamates are about.

                          I feel real good about this trade. Only one thing!!!!The backs that gained yards behind the best O-line in the league had "get theough the hole quickness" Griffin may have moves but he needs to get through the hole he picks...no second guessing or extra moves until the secondary. I don't see him as the Broncos next starter.

                          Extra note: Javon Kearse may be avilable? Take that second round from the trade and trade it for him or use it to draft one of those exceptional big and quick D linemen in this year's draft?
                          This is the NFL!!

                          Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



                          Go Broncos!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sharpe is staying ?

                            Originally posted by JED Bronco
                            The article seemed to breathe "I'm here for the team regargless. I was Clinton's advisor ...his bigger brother, now he's going to get a deal that the Broncos may not have given him anyway.

                            Shannan wants another ring and he's not unhappy with Bailey, and niether is the team. They just didn't want to see Clinton go. That's what teamates are about.

                            I feel real good about this trade. Only one thing!!!!The backs that gained yards behind the best O-line in the league had "get theough the hole quickness" Griffin may have moves but he needs to get through the hole he picks...no second guessing or extra moves until the secondary. I don't see him as the Broncos next starter.

                            Extra note: Javon Kearse may be avilable? Take that second round from the trade and trade it for him or use it to draft one of those exceptional big and quick D linemen in this year's draft?
                            I doubt we could afford any more big name FA's.
                            Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

                            You too Cutler.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sharpe is staying

                              Originally posted by broncofanatic79
                              This is a gaurantee if the trade does indeed go through Sharpe will retire. I've said it since this subject came up why would he play another year when his chances of making the Superbowl have lessoned than that of a the year before. Plus it is painfully obvious that offense is not a priority in Denvers overall plan.
                              What makes Sharpe's chances for a SB less? I see better D and a real good O on this one. I think he sounds very optomistic. He and the team have to show CP that he was avery valuable "mate" and that is what is going on here. They are up on Bailey as well, I guarantee it!
                              This is the NFL!!

                              Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!



                              Go Broncos!!!!!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X