Dont trade Portis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont trade Portis

This franchise did not win back 2 back super bowls by being stupid. This trade proposal with the redskins is a step in the wrong direction. It would be the dumbest trade since the one that sent Shannon Sharpe to the Ravens. (Remember how he burned us in the playoffs and won a super bowl?) This trade won't help any one but the rest of the AFC west teams who will have better chances of making the playoff once our offense becomes one dimensional. I realize that Champ Bailey is good, however there are other players out there who can help improve the secondary like Dewayne Washington from the Steelers. No player is as crucial to the bronco’s future as Clinton Portis. Griffin is too small to dominate and it took to long to find a replacement for Davis. The broncos need to pay Portis a decent salary and treat him like the star he is. There are many possible moves that will help the broncos more than this trade. For example, keep Portis, sign Kearse, Armstead, Washington, and get deltha O’Neal the hell out of Denver. Then we can use one of our draft picks to sign a rookie DB and turn him into a star. Adding Kearse and and Armstead will make us the most feared pass rushing team in the league and Washington will add some stability to the secondary. If Portis goes then our offense sucks. Plummer will revert back to "Cardinal mode" without a running game or Shannon Sharpe and we will be nothing but a horrible offensive team. As for defense we would have a nice line and LBs with one star DB. The Broncos can't afford to be better on defense than offense, thats to much like the Cowboys and Bills. But at least Jason Elam and Micah Knorr will have a lot to do this season with all of the 3 and outs and field goals that we will have to settle for. Everyone knows Portis will be a hall of famer; the question is what jersey will he be wearing when he is inducted?
    Last edited by Broncofan2k4; 02-25-2004, 10:10 AM.
    Nobody beats the monsters of mile high

Re: Dont trade Portis

Originally posted by Broncofan2k4
    This franchise did not win back 2 back super bowls by being stupid. This trade proposal with the redskins is a step in the wrong direction. It would be the dumbest trade since the one that sent Shannon Sharpe to the Ravens. (Remember how he burned us in the playoffs and won a super bowl?) This trade won't help any one but the rest of the AFC west teams who will have better chances of making the playoff once our offense becomes one dimensional. I realize that Champ Bailey is good, however there are other players out there who can help improve the secondary like Dewayne Washington from the Steelers. No player is as crucial to the bronco’s future as Clinton Portis. Griffin is too small to dominate and it took to long to find a replacement for Davis. The broncos need to pay Portis a decent salary and treat him like the star he is. There are many possible moves that will help the broncos more than this trade. For example, keep Portis, sign Kearse, Armstead, Washington, and get deltha O’Neal the hell out of Denver. Then we can use one of our draft picks to sign a rookie DB and turn him into a star. Adding Kearse and and Armstead will make us the most feared pass rushing team in the league and Washington will add some stability to the secondary. If Portis goes then our offense sucks. Plummer will revert back to "Cardinal mode" without a running game or Shannon Sharpe and we will be nothing but a horrible offensive team. As for defense we would have a nice line and LBs with one star DB. The Broncos can't afford to be better on defense than offense, thats to much like the Cowboys and Bills. But at least Jason Elam and Micah Knorr will have a lot to do this season with all of the 3 and outs and field goals that we will have to settle for. Everyone knows Portis will be a hall of famer; the question is what jersey will he be wearing when he is inducted?
    Am i in the feeback section?

Comment

Lol I think they think this site has the power to affect the trade =/
      Coming to a stadium near you....

The Man with the Golden Jockstrap

LETS GET CLARETT he will be a god one day

Comment

Re: Dont trade Portis

Originally posted by Broncofan2k4
        First of all, we cannot sign all the big names you want because WE ARE OVER THE CAP. Think, anybody with any talent can come behind the Denver line and get 1000 yards. Don't panic, and take your worries to Genneral Discussions. Shanny has never had a horrible offensive team. Calm down. And what makes you so sure that CP is a future hall of famer? He could get injured like TD.

Don't be such an idiot.
        Last edited by broncosbeast; 03-12-2004, 06:32 AM.
        Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

WHY PORTIS

Why would you trade a running back that gave you back to back 1,5000 yrds rush yrs?? I don't understand that move. I am fully aware that the Broncos do need help in the secondary but, at what cost are you willing to get it at??? Please help a life long fan understand that move.

Comment

Re: WHY PORTIS

Originally posted by CherokeeSun
            Why would you trade a running back that gave you back to back 1,5000 yrds rush yrs?? I don't understand that move. I am fully aware that the Broncos do need help in the secondary but, at what cost are you willing to get it at??? Please help a life long fan understand that move.
            Ya, i think your about 10 days late.

Comment

LOL ya I was just about to post that.

Comment

what???

Ten days to late for what ..wanting to know why they traded Portis...well I haven't heard a good reason for it and probably not going to.

Comment

Re: what???

Originally posted by CherokeeSun
                  well I haven't heard a good reason for it and probably not going to.
                  You want a good reason, lets start with portis. About a month and a half ago he demanded to be the highest paid back in the NFL. He didnt just want a raise he stated he wouldnt accept any offer that wont make him the highest paid RB. Can you say selfish? Plus we can put any RB behind our line and he'll gain 1,000 yards. Good rb's are not hard to find. Shutdown corners like champ come only once in a while. And whats the one thing missing from our team the last couple of years. You guessed it a shutdown corner! Now we have our chance to get one. Bailey is hands down the best corner in the NFL, and he's only 25. He still has his whole carrer ahead of him. He hasnt been hurt enough to keep him out of a game since 9th grade. Where rbs at portis' size dont last more then 5 or 6 years. Bailey is 25 and already been to the probowl 4 times. Plus the most overlooked thing in this trade is the second round pick. Its and early second round pick. We should be able to get someone like ben watson with that pick. Well now you have heard a couple good reasons for trading portis. Tell me what you think

Comment

Working...
                  X