Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried about Elam costing us a playoff game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone else worried about Elam costing us a playoff game

    He has missed alot of easy kicks and I dont think the coaches believe in him as much anymore. On a 4th and 2 or 3 are we going to kick the field goal or try and run it. I'd be nervous if it came down to that in the last few minutes.

  • #2
    I dont think we need to worry about Elam yet. If anything he's clutch, and he'll have his best performance when it we really need it. Remember the first Chargers game?


    The only one he missed with any real meaning was the NY Giants game (That game still burns!)
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

    Comment


    • #3
      What easy kicks has he missed? He missed a 52 yarder against Oakland, but thats all I can think of. So please, tell me more.

      I know that it is time to get a new kicker, but don't tell me that Elam is going to cost us a game, cause I believe in Elam. I believe that it is time to draft Mason Crosby if he comes out.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BVP
        What easy kicks has he missed? He missed a 52 yarder against Oakland, but thats all I can think of. So please, tell me more.

        I know that it is time to get a new kicker, but don't tell me that Elam is going to cost us a game, cause I believe in Elam. I believe that it is time to draft Mason Crosby if he comes out.

        what was the kick he missed yesterday to put us up by two scores? 28 yds? missed 2 in the first sd game, cost us the game in Ny. I love Elam but he doesnt seem like the same guy anymore.
        Last edited by BroncoInMich; 01-01-2006, 09:23 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          nope. Not concerned.

          It was pouring rain yesterday when Elam tried that field goal, and I imagine the injury he suffered earlier in the year also hampered him a bit.

          Elam is one of the best kickers out there. Not concerned at all.

          I'd worry about something else
          sigpic
          Adopted by: Peanut

          "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
          -Sean Payton

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncFanIN
            nope. Not concerned.

            It was pouring rain yesterday when Elam tried that field goal, and I imagine the injury he suffered earlier in the year also hampered him a bit.

            Elam is one of the best kickers out there. Not concerned at all.

            I'd worry about something else
            I dont feel like we have much else to worry about in a close game. We dont turn the ball over and wee have the best running game in the business.

            Comment


            • #7
              Elam may have had an off year this year but he is still mister clutch under pressure. Not worried

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jvw
                Elam may have had an off year this year but he is still mister clutch under pressure. Not worried

                Well if everyone else isnt worried then neither am I, so I guess I better start saving for super bowl tickets.

                Comment


                • #9
                  wow, stop it now god, it was raining the ball is slippary, he tried his best, just missed it cmon. He's a heck of a kicker and will win a playoff game for us.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A little worried but, not too much. He has had an off season and you're going to miss a few here and there but, you should almost never miss PAT's!?
                    Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncosrules05
                      wow, stop it now god, it was raining the ball is slippary, he tried his best, just missed it cmon. He's a heck of a kicker and will win a playoff game for us.

                      naw, they showed his plant foot and everything, he just missed it. I just hope denver pours it on in the playoffs and it doesnt come to that.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by YOUNGERJKSPEE
                        A little worried but, not too much. He has had an off season and you're going to miss a few here and there but, you should almost never miss PAT's!?
                        Elam has the record for the most PAT in a row without missing. Everyone misses a PAT in their career. Because look at all the great kickers that play for like 20 year and they never got close to Elams record.
                        RIP Darrent Williams
                        You know the difference between winners and losers?

                        Ya the score.

                        THE REPLACEMENTS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He missed that short kick the same way he missed the xtra point (only the 3rd missed xtra of his career) the same way, a straight push right. Good snap, plant foot fine. Can't really explain it, he usually doesn't miss them.

                          Am I worried, no. He is one of the best in the business. He will hold most kicking records when he is done playing.

                          He started off the year real bad. He was 11-17 in the first eight games, which is very bad by his standards. however, he was 13-15 in the second half of the season, or something close to that.

                          Prior to the miss yesterday, he had made 18 or 20 overall, and 18 straight field goals inside 40 yards. He is pretty consistant and pretty good.

                          My theory, for what it's worth, is that he has said that he changed to a one step kciking routine ever since he hurt his calf. He still uses his old routine on long kicks where he needs distance, but on the short ones, he sticked with the shortened routine that he used when he had the pulled calf. He may still be struggling with the one step - kick approach.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tnedator
                            He missed that short kick the same way he missed the xtra point (only the 3rd missed xtra of his career) the same way, a straight push right. Good snap, plant foot fine. Can't really explain it, he usually doesn't miss them.

                            Am I worried, no. He is one of the best in the business. He will hold most kicking records when he is done playing.

                            He started off the year real bad. He was 11-17 in the first eight games, which is very bad by his standards. however, he was 13-15 in the second half of the season, or something close to that.

                            Prior to the miss yesterday, he had made 18 or 20 overall, and 18 straight field goals inside 40 yards. He is pretty consistant and pretty good.

                            My theory, for what it's worth, is that he has said that he changed to a one step kciking routine ever since he hurt his calf. He still uses his old routine on long kicks where he needs distance, but on the short ones, he sticked with the shortened routine that he used when he had the pulled calf. He may still be struggling with the one step - kick approach.
                            Thanks for that info, I hadnt heard that, I wondered if he had changed his style after getting hurt.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoInMich
                              Thanks for that info, I hadnt heard that, I wondered if he had changed his style after getting hurt.
                              Yes. When he hurt his calf about 8 weeks ago, he went to a one step and kick style, because he was in pain that game. He wound up hitting a 48 yarder or something like that and decided to stick with this one step and kick, over his old two or three step and kick routine. However, he said because of the extra power needed on the long kicks, he would continue to use the multistep approach on the long kicks.

                              So, right now he is using a relatively new approach on short kicks, and his old approach on the longer ones.

                              He has missed (all pushes) a couple short field goals and an xtra point, which is very uncharacteristic of him, so it might have something to do with his new kicking style on short kicks.

                              As far as I know the injury if fully healed and has been for some time.
                              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X