D.J. Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.J. Williams

Was it just me, or did D.J. Williams seem to be all over the field yesterday? I'm used to seeing that out of Ian Gold, but to me, Williams was unbelievable against the Chargers.
    "Oh I Have Slipped The Surly Bonds of Earth... Put Out My Hand And Touched the Face of God"

-Rest In Peace, Darrent & Damien

he's a good linebacker. people looked at the stats too much when judging him this year. fact is, he's fast as hell, a good tackler, a good pass defender.

Comment

Yeah, he only missed one tackle that whole game, but he was everywhere... We've got an amazing LB core and keep in mind that was without the pro-bowler Wilson... we're going to be a dangerous team in the playoffs!
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Both he and Gold looked awesome yesterday. I was a little worried LT might get over a 100 yds with him out but we still kept him below 100.

Comment

Don't forget Burns and Chucky, they stepped up and produced while Wilson was out.

But DJ did have a good game, as much as I saw at least. He was everywhere the ball was.
          sigpic

Comment

DJ Williams is a Future Pro Bowler

He looked like Ray Lewis covering the whole field and tackling like a man possessed.

Did he not get the memo that this game was useless???

Guess not, he was going for big hits the whole game. He was tipping balls and rushing the passer like a man on a mission.

Wow, he is GOOD!
            Last edited by PR-Broncomaniac; 01-01-2006, 04:08 PM.

Comment

the reason DJ was all over the field was perhaps because he was playing middle linebacker instead of the strong side for a change. as a middle linebacker he was basically free to go wherever the ball went.

Made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampion
                the reason DJ was all over the field was perhaps because he was playing middle linebacker instead of the strong side for a change. as a middle linebacker he was basically free to go wherever the ball went.

Wrong.

And besides, DJ is an awesome linebacker, but he plays in a position where stats aren't necessarily indicative of a good performance.

A good performance from someone playing DJs position means less stats for someone on the opposing teams offense. I will let you figure it out.

Comment

He actually got a chance to play, for the whole game...

He's already a stud LB, he just needs to learn better blitzing technique. For some reason he always gets picked up by a back, and he has trouble fighting through it. He needs to use his speed and strength more to blowup blockers in the backfield.

It's a little odd, frankly, because he's a monster on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                    Nope. Burns played middle.
                    hmm i coulda sworn i seen DJ in the middle of Gold and Chukwurah

Made by Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampion
                      hmm i coulda sworn i seen DJ in the middle of Gold and Chukwurah
                      He might have been at times. Burns started, but I didn't notice if he was in on every play. I know Chukwurah played a fair amount. Burns is also not very far removed from a strained knee ligament.
                      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

He did have a great game yesterday....I think he had a bit of a sophmore slump this year but I think he will be a great linebacker in years to come....with him, Al Wilson, and Gold I will take them over any linebacking core in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by slapshot726
                          He did have a great game yesterday....I think he had a bit of a sophmore slump this year but I think he will be a great linebacker in years to come....with him, Al Wilson, and Gold I will take them over any linebacking core in the league.
                          Because Gold came back, DJ was on the sideline on nickel plays, and since most teams were passing early and often, it cut down on his playing time and stats big time.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                            Because Gold came back, DJ was on the sideline on nickel plays, and since most teams were passing early and often, it cut down on his playing time and stats big time.
                            Ya but I dont care about stats.....I think he will be an unbelievable LB for us I just think he had a tough year....I am NOT taking anything away from him because he is amazing and one of my favorite players.

Comment

DJ is great against the run
                              when he becomes a better pass rusher and cover LB, then we can talk about him being a pro bowler.

Comment

Working...
                              X