Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D.J. Williams

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by AZforBroncos
    DJ is great against the run
    when he becomes a better pass rusher and cover LB, then we can talk about him being a pro bowler.
    i was just about to say if hes THAT great why do they take him out in the nickel dont get me wrong he is good but i think he still needs work.. maybe its due to starting a new position who knows
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by AZforBroncos
      DJ is great against the run
      when he becomes a better pass rusher and cover LB, then we can talk about him being a pro bowler.
      Scratch cover LB, he's already a good one, he just needs to become a better pass rusher, as you said...

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Broncosinindy
        i was just about to say if hes THAT great why do they take him out in the nickel dont get me wrong he is good but i think he still needs work.. maybe its due to starting a new position who knows
        I dunno, but in my opinion, I think they take him out in coverage because Ian and Al are the more complete 'backers right now. Ian's a great blitzer, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

        He was in the nickel a lot against SD, and he had two passes-defensed (I think). One was thrown right into his palms, he just dropped it. But he was dropping into good zone coverage, for sure...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by WABronco
          I dunno, but in my opinion, I think they take him out in coverage because Ian and Al are the more complete 'backers right now. Ian's a great blitzer, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

          He was in the nickel a lot against SD, and he had two passes-defensed (I think). One was thrown right into his palms, he just dropped it. But he was dropping into good zone coverage, for sure...
          If you are talking about the pass that I think that you are, it was not right in his plams. The pass I saw him defend Denver had a blitz on. No one blocked Gates and he ran right up the seam. DJ dropped back and slightly outside. The ball came in high and he timed his jump perfectly and was able to tip the ball to the side and slightly behind him.

          That was a perfect play unless it was his job to bump the release of the TE (His alignment was one and a half gaps inside the TE. So I doubt it.) and if that is the case the play was still darned good.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Dean
            If you are talking about the pass that I think that you are, it was not right in his plams. The pass I saw him defend Denver had a blitz on. No one blocked Gates and he ran right up the seam. DJ dropped back and slightly outside. The ball came in high and he timed his jump perfectly and was able to tip the ball to the side and slightly behind him.

            That was a perfect play unless it was his job to bump the release of the TE (His alignment was one and a half gaps inside the TE. So I doubt it.) and if that is the case the play was still darned good.
            No, it wasn't that play. I remember that one though...

            Comment

            Working...
            X