Dominique Foxworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominique Foxworth

this guy hasn't been getting enough attention for his play while darrent's been injured. since he's become the #2 corner, our pass defense hasn't missed a beat! go fox!

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
    this guy hasn't been getting enough attention for his play while darrent's been injured. since he's become the #2 corner, our pass defense hasn't missed a beat! go fox!
    I really like what Foxworth has shown, he and Darrent Williams actually balance one another well with what they do best.

I really see Fox as a player like Lito Sheppard or Sheldon Brown of the Eagles. Neither are obviously dynamic in spectacular or Deion Sanders like ways, but they do a very good job getting the job done at a high level and I expect Foxworth to improve in the same way.

Anxious to see him as a Bronco for a long time to come.

Comment

I am impressed

He was covering keenan mcardell, who has +14 years experience then he does and how he did, he only gave him 2 catches while bailey gave some big plays to parker, i think he played better then bailey yesterday.

Comment

I agree, Foxworth has done an outstanding job! Keep it up! Nice depth, Shanny.
        Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

I think all of Shanny's question marks at the beginning of the season has paid off... The "Brown-cos" has been a plus, drafting 3 CB's in the draft has been successful, just a great overall offseason can lead us to a great post-season!
          fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Foxworth also did a great job the week before. He had a big play against Randy Moss in the endzone that would 95% of the time be a TD. Great year for both rookies.
            RIP Darrent Williams
            You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Comment

Originally posted by MyFav
              Foxworth also did a great job the week before. He had a big play against Randy Moss in the endzone that would 95% of the time be a TD. Great year for both rookies.

Yes both rookies have been great, especially when we are pressuring the Qb. hopefully we can keep up the great defense and pound our way thru the playoffs.

Comment

Shanahan has basically been starting Foxworth and Williams for 6 weeks or so. He has been having them alternate at the corner spot opposite Bailey and then also alternating at the nickel spot, because he is also very impressed with Foxworth.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I feel at ease knowing that even though Darrent Williams is out, we have a trust-worthy cornerback starting opposite Champ. Foxworth and Williams have, throughout the season, showed their worth, and I believe they have truly added to our defense this season, as well as the Browncos.

When our defense is on the field i feel safe and comfortable because they make the plays that are required, and when i hear the words interception or see one of our players bounding off with the football hoping for a shot at the end-zone, i am hardly ever surprised. When the other team scores, i am surprised.

I have come to expect big plays when they are needed, and i believe that foxworth, williams, bailey, and all the rest of the defense, are contributing strongly to the fact that i feel very safe with our defense on the field and continuously expect for them to change possession quickly and with ease. The Bronco defense certainly is fun to watch!

Comment

The biggest problem with Williams being out will be if/when we play the Bengals or worse, the Colts.

We need Foxworth and Williams, because we need Bailey, Williams and Foxworth on the field at the same time, since we will be playing a lot of nickel coverage.
                    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                      The biggest problem with Williams being out will be if/when we play the Bengals or worse, the Colts.

We need Foxworth and Williams, because we need Bailey, Williams and Foxworth on the field at the same time, since we will be playing a lot of nickel coverage.
                      IMHO, I don't think that we'll be playing the Bungles. Pitts has it out for them.

Comment

i wonder how much of how well dominque's playing should be given up to the champ and coaches if he keeps up with his play i could see him as a number two in denver ..
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

We really have one superstar corner and 2 high quality starter worthy corners. It's crazy what seemed like a liablility at the beginning of the regular season is now a strong point. I think after they progress somewhat over the offseason we will have the top linebackers and secondary in the league. I mean, darrent williams didn't even have a penalty against him the whole season. I think next year will be just as good if not better than this one

Comment

Originally posted by danj
                            We really have one superstar corner and 2 high quality starter worthy corners. It's crazy what seemed like a liablility at the beginning of the regular season is now a strong point. I think after they progress somewhat over the offseason we will have the top linebackers and secondary in the league. I mean, darrent williams didn't even have a penalty against him the whole season. I think next year will be just as good if not better than this one
                            And Paymah was supposed to be the most talented of the trio, which means he still may develop into a heck of a player.

Safety is still a concern, although Fergusons 5 INTs look good. Cox looks like he could be a good cover safety, and Brandon has played good in the big nickel/3rd safety position.

All in all, you are right, what was a glaring hole in the two Indy blowouts is turning into a strength. Not many people see it as a strength, because we are ranked 30th in the league in passing, but that is deceptive because only Seattle has outscored the opponents by a bigger margin in the first half, which means we have seen more pass attempts than any other team in the league.

sigpic

Comment

Foxworth has been playing really good. But the person that said he had a better game than Bailey is crazy. Did you watch the same game as i did? Bailey was all over the place making tackles, punching the ball out of recievers hands, and tipping that big pass when it was one on one coverage. It would have been a pick if he had the right position. I thought that was an awesome game by bailey. There was so many plays that he saved either a first down or a touchdown from happening. I was actually thinking...

"What would we do without Champ?!"

Great game by all. Very excited for the postseason.
                              The second coming of Jesus already happened, it was John Elway.

Comment

Working...
                              X