No announcement yet.

Dominique Foxworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you can't really compare anyone to bailey because he has a COMPLETE skillset. The guy tackles with ferocity. It's really amazing to watch. His stats don't even convey how good he is. Dominique is a good cover corner but doesn't provide the same kind of run support. D Will however, does tackle really well. He's kinda like a little mini bailey, the kid hits.

Comment

I am assuming the fact that Bailey played the whole game yesterday indicates that he is pretty healthy. That is a good sign going into the playoffs.
      The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
        And Paymah was supposed to be the most talented of the trio, which means he still may develop into a heck of a player.

Safety is still a concern, although Fergusons 5 INTs look good. Cox looks like he could be a good cover safety, and Brandon has played good in the big nickel/3rd safety position.

All in all, you are right, what was a glaring hole in the two Indy blowouts is turning into a strength. Not many people see it as a strength, because we are ranked 30th in the league in passing, but that is deceptive because only Seattle has outscored the opponents by a bigger margin in the first half, which means we have seen more pass attempts than any other team in the league.

I think that Browner may be the long term answer at FS (cover) big faster than most and and has cover skills developed while playing CB. Mya take a year or two to year the in's and outs but who better to teach him than John and Champ.

Comment

I see Bailey as the silky smoot athlete that can make his body do things that other players don't even attempt to do. Examples are some of the interceptions that he has made ove the last two years. A more recent case is the pass he knocked away from Randy Moss last week in the endzone. He may be the best one on one tackler on the team and one of the best ever in Denver. (I did not say the best)

I see D-Will as a Taz type of player. Short but with tremendous speed and even greater quickness. He chew receivers and ball carriers up.

Foxworth is a little weaker in tackling but he is a very good cover man.

My opinion for whatever it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda
            this guy hasn't been getting enough attention for his play while darrent's been injured. since he's become the #2 corner, our pass defense hasn't missed a beat! go fox!
            Our rookie corners are studs, remember the Philly game, Foxworth baby. Him a darrent williams are beasts. But they need help, hopefully our d-line will turn it up a notch, put some pressure on the QB, so they can get some more picks.
            A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

With the way bailey tackles, how about getting him at safety and getting foxworth and williams on the field at corner. I say go to a 3-4 have lynch as an extra linebacker, and bailey at safety. Or replace ferguson at safety with bailey. I still like ferguson though, no dissrespect to him.
              A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Originally posted by bronxs
                With the way bailey tackles, how about getting him at safety and getting foxworth and williams on the field at corner. I say go to a 3-4 have lynch as an extra linebacker, and bailey at safety. Or replace ferguson at safety with bailey. I still like ferguson though, no dissrespect to him.
                If we go the three four route, we need a beast like SD's Merriman. A 272 pound linebacker reaking havoc in the backfield.

I think Bailey's cover skills are way to good to move to safety. Another edge he gives us at corner is how well he plays runs to the outside. When a running play moves in his direction, he flies head first at the runner. He is a great athlete.

And as much as I liked Portis, could you imagine him wearing those damn costumes at the denver press conferences????
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Good point, I just thought his cover skills and tackling abilty would make him a fine safety. But your comment on support of the run sticks so leaving him at corner is a win situation as well.

Comment

Now, I would love to see us with at least one really great cover safety. Even though Ferguson has 5 picks, I don't think it is him. Also, Lynch doesn't have too many years left in him.

I think the ideal would be to have someone in the Atwater, Lynch, Dennis Smith mold of a big hitter that can be brought up to stop the run or blitz, and then have a cover guy as the other safety. This kid Cox might fit the mold, since we have used him as both safety and corner, or maybe we need to pick a stud cover corner in the draft.

sigpic

Comment

I think what I love most about Foxworth is that he was a free pick for us. We got him with the 3rd round pick from the Skins' trade. So no matter how annoying it is that the Skins keep winning, I look at it as a bright note.
                      sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

He has been playing very well. Him and Darrent are both going to be very good players for a long time in this league barring injuries. I met DFox at a bar in Denver when he hosted the Lynch show. Lynch was at the Dungy funeral so he wasn't there. I met his mom too, she's hilarious. They're both very nice people.
                        Holdin' down the Blue and Orange fort here in Missouri....

Comment

Originally posted by JLesSPE
                          He has been playing very well. Him and Darrent are both going to be very good players for a long time in this league barring injuries. I met DFox at a bar in Denver when he hosted the Lynch show. Lynch was at the Dungy funeral so he wasn't there. I met his mom too, she's hilarious. They're both very nice people.
                          Nice! I love hearing stuff like that.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                          X