Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which do you think played a bigger part in our success this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZforBroncos
    replied
    i went with the offense
    our defense has the most talent of our two units, and we centered our draft and FA acquisitions around boosting our defense. so i was pretty sure i could expect a strong defensive unit to take the field, and they've been pretty strong. i wasn't sure about the offense though; we lost reuben droughns, clarett turned out to be a bust (not shockingly), and rice retired...i wasn't sure what would happen with our offense with all of those things piled up against us, but not only did we pull through to be very productive, but we also have been superb at ball control.

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    I se both sides of the ball being better than they were last year. In addition they accomplished this feat against a tougher schedule. I feel they equally share in the credit.

Leave a comment:

• Kapaibro
    replied
    I think a combo of Plummer's low INT rating, and the AnderBell machine, and the Defense has stepped up as well!

It's a team sport, and the team has played well this year!

Leave a comment:

• Jaxyoup
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Agreed we have a balanced team, however the difference between us being 13-3 and 10-6 is the improved defense in my opinion.

I don't think you can pin it on any one thing. The improved play of Plummer was a mjor factor, and special teams also contributed with giving oppossing teams worse field position. If Plummer throws another 20 INTs this year, sorry boys, but we are again 10-6, if not worse!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jaxyoup
    replied
    I think your poll was way to generalized, and should have been more specific! Specifically speaking, our improvements this year was a combination of the improved play of Plummer, and the vastly improved D-line. The D-lines pressure created turnovers in the secondary while Plummers lack of turnovers contributed to points on the offensive side of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• slapshot726
    replied
    Originally posted by tnedator
    Agreed we have a balanced team, however the difference between us being 13-3 and 10-6 is the improved defense in my opinion.
    That is a good post....I completely agree with you....I think the major reason for that is a better (not great) pass rush and drafting some decent rookie corners (who have extremely high potential) to help improve our downspots from last year.

Leave a comment:

• RazR
    replied
    Improved defense gets the edge. But, this is a very well balanced team. The offense is capable of exploding.... even on good defenses.

Leave a comment:

• tnedator
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    We have a good balanced team. Both sides brought great tangibles and intangables that made us a good team this year. Plus our coaching staff did a good job preparing the players and getting them to perform well on gamedays.

Leave a comment:

• USMC_Davii
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
    Was it the much improved Defense? Led by Champ Bailey, the LB core, the D-Line, and Lynch and Ferguson.
    Yes, the Defense. Although the entire team obviously won all the games, we weren't putting up 50 points a game, but we only allowed 258 points through 16 games. Amazing.

Great D.

Leave a comment:

• slapshot726
    replied
    Well our offense had some good games and some bad and the same goes with our defense.....but I think they both had an equal part in our victories.....when one was not up to par usually the other one was.......or they were both great and we would blow a team out....so after all this.....both equal.

Leave a comment:

• Which do you think played a bigger part in our success this year?

The Offense
    5.56%
    The Defense
    38.89%
    Both Equal
    55.56%
    None, our season was a let down
    0.00%
    Which do you think played a bigger part in our success this year, and why?

Was it the much improved Defense? Led by Champ Bailey, the LB core, the D-Line, and Lynch and Ferguson.

Or was it the Offense led by Plummer, Anderson and Bell, Rod Smith, Lelie, Kyle Johnson....

Which do you think played a more crucial role in our 13-3 regular season?
Working...
X