Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway
    replied
    We need more pressure on the QB, Trevor got close so many time, but how many sacks have we had lately, we finally got an Int last week after a frought, but couldn't get points out of it.

We need so much more in the way of turn overs, more pressure on the QBs.

Our offense will click with Jake back in it, some bootlegs to offset the running game.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by pikman
    Aside from the DB's nothing bad should even be discussed about our D. Before MNF they were #2 and as of this week they are still #5.
    But last week against the Patriots they showed signs of weakness. And that is worth discussing.

Has the loss of Mobley and Gold really affected the defense that much? Or was it just Larry Coyer not finding enough ways to get pressure on the quarterback? Daryll Gardner is finally playing; is he a benefit or a detriment? (I didn't see him credited with a tackle) Are the corners not as good as hoped or were their difficulties a direct result of the poor pass rush?

I think a bad game like the defense played against the Pats merits discussion. But I don't think it's time to panic after one tough game.

Leave a comment:

• pikman
    replied
    Aside from the DB's nothing bad should even be discussed about our D. Before MNF they were #2 and as of this week they are still #5.

Leave a comment:

• Jarious17
    replied
    Originally posted by kcdomination
    The plan for the rest of teams = let denver screw up.
    As much as I hate to admit it, you're right! I don't think the players "screw" it up as bad as the Head Coach does though.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    I think it will take a lot of pressue off the defense when we get our offensive guys back next week. It would have been much different game if we had Elam there to kick those 2 other field goals we couldn't kick. And imagine if we had Eddie Mac, and Plummer in too. Much different game. Welcome back our starters next week!

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    not everybody has tom brady

drew brees/doug flutie, chris chandler,rick mirer are the quarterbacks we play in the next couple of weeks. I'm not worried that NE opened a way to beat the broncos. Plus I hope our offense at full speed with jake when he comes back which means better ball control.

Leave a comment:

• Woody
    replied
    I saw atleast 5 plays where Pryce was 1/2 a yard from getting a sack

Leave a comment:

• EddiMac87
    replied
    I agree, a blitz every now and again would be great. The only creative blitz package I can recall was when Kennoy Kennedy came in from his secondary spot and got there a bit late. If we had a little more pressure like when they were backed up against the endzone Brady's timing could have been disrupted. Hopefully this is something to be corrected and not exploited.

Leave a comment:

• luvdembroncs
    replied
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the Broncos were playing zone defense most of the night. I think (hope) that they learned not to do that again. Coyer does need to get creative with the his blitz schemes though. Don't worry Denver's defense will hold up. kcdomination (aka message board idiot) I hope you stay around after Denver's defense stops the Chiefs cold.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Re: do you think new england.....

Originally posted by bronco30
    laid out the blue print for the rest of denver's season 2 be......spread them out n occasionally run to keep them honest especially now w/ 2 new LB's and they'll get o'neal and spencer out there in nickel which weakens are secondary even more....granted the chargers n bears dont have quite the personal the pats do but i think they'll try it they got nothin to lose....what do you guys think?
    I don't think there's a blueprint for beating Denver's defense; they did play pretty well until the Pats game. What mystified me was the total lack of a pass rush (except when the Pats were throwing from their 1-yardline). If the front four aren't getting it done, please Mr. Coyer, can you throw in an occasional blitz?

Any QB that has the kind of time that Brady did most of that game will eat us alive. They didn't get a sack and rarely got close.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    started a topic do you think new england.....

do you think new england.....

laid out the blue print for the rest of denver's season 2 be......spread them out n occasionally run to keep them honest especially now w/ 2 new LB's and they'll get o'neal and spencer out there in nickel which weakens are secondary even more....granted the chargers n bears dont have quite the personal the pats do but i think they'll try it they got nothin to lose....what do you guys think?
Working...
X