Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think our pass defense is better than rank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMC_Davii
    Tied for fourth in points allowed. We allowed 258 points this year, 16.1 per game.
    That is pretty good and we still arent getting respect....I cant wait for the playoffs.

Comment

On the flip side, we score an avg of 24.7 points per game, with 46 touchdowns (25 run, 18 pass).
      That trails Indy by 4 points and Cincy by 3 points.

As long as our offense outscores points given up by the defense, we are in good shape
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

Passing offenses often score more points.

In the same way that our passing defense has had their numbers skewed by our leads, our passing offense has also been skewed.

We rank 18th in the league in passing yards per game, but we rank tenth in yards per attempt. Of course, this statistic is also skewed by our leads. When you get a good lead, you do still pass, but you often pass to only get a first down. This makes your average lower, but we still rank pretty decently in the category.

Anyway, I like our chances against either team.

They've had the priveledge of playing the likes of San Fran(32), Houston(31), Tennessee(29), St. Louis(27), New England(30), Cincinatti(22), and Jacksonville(21).

All of those teams rank 20th or lower in yards per attempt allowed. I'll give the Jags the benefit of the doubt, because they do a lot of other things well on defense, but for the most part, the Colts and Seahawks have had their stats padded.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
          I do wish we were a little stingier with the yards.

Far as I can see, we need ONE good speed rusher from DE.
          With that one addition, we could vault ourselves to the top, IMO.

-----
          I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Courtney Brown

It seems to me that our pass rush was better without Courtney Brown.Is Courtney Brown the reason our pass rush hasnt been good?
            Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 01-01-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastermind2002
              Our Pass defense is not better than our rank.

Lay off the crakc son...of course it is and I agree with th thread 100%!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to it.
                Our great minds have collided more than once!

-----

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                  It seems to me that our pass rush was better without Courtney Brown.Is Courtney Brown the reason our pass rush hasnt been good?
                  I agree that Courtney hasn't done a great job rushing the passer.

However, we've had problems rushing the passer for the last couple of years.

We had a couple of decent rushing ends (Berry and Hayward), but we were never dominant. In several games this year, we've had a very good pass rush. We just haven't been consistent.

Also, our defensive line has done a great job of playing the run. Sometimes pass rushers are overrated, because they can rush the passer, but can't stop the run at all.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I think we are better than our rank, but I still think we can improve. We have to step up our pass defense in the playoffs. It can be done with the players we have on the current roster.
                    Emancipate your mind!
                    The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                      I agree that Courtney hasn't done a great job rushing the passer.

However, we've had problems rushing the passer for the last couple of years.

We had a couple of decent rushing ends (Berry and Hayward), but we were never dominant. In several games this year, we've had a very good pass rush. We just haven't been consistent.

Also, our defensive line has done a great job of playing the run. Sometimes pass rushers are overrated, because they can rush the passer, but can't stop the run at all.

And this is the whole point: If you can't stop the run, you will never be able to rush the passer, as the other team will never pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X