Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WILL SHANNY BE IN THE HoF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WILL SHANNY BE IN THE HoF?

    I was just looking at Shanahan's record as head coach of the Broncos and thinking he really has had a great career so far as the head coach of the Broncos.

    Seven of his 13 seasons he his teams have finished with double digit wins '05, '04, '03, '00, '98, '97 and '96. Six of those seasons he finished with 10 wins or more. Five of them with 11 or more, and four of those seasons he had 12 or more wins.

    He's only had one losing season in '99 and only twice has he finished with a .500 record.

    Do you think Shanahan will go to the HoF after he retires which may not be for quite awhile?
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



    Thanks Snk16

  • #2
    This has to be one of the toughest questions I have seen. Well I would ofcourse love to see him in but I think he needs another super bowl or two and continue with his winning seasons.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by slapshot726
      This has to be one of the toughest questions I have seen. Well I would ofcourse love to see him in but I think he needs another super bowl or two and continue with his winning seasons.
      Landry got in with only two rings and those two came seven years apart.
      John 11: 25-27

      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



      Thanks Snk16

      Comment


      • #4
        He may. He definetly has the credentials. Sometimes he isn't regarded as an elite coach sometimes. I think the fact the Broncos don't get as much publicity, he might not get in. HE HAS A GOOD CHANCE THOUGH.

        sigpic

        Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

        There are three things you can expect in life:

        1. Death
        2. Taxes
        3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Landry got in with only two rings and those two came seven years apart.
          Ya but he coached in the NFL for over 400 years and was a pioneer....so the rings didnt matter....he also in some ways changed the NFL.

          Comment


          • #6
            not to mention he has put a competative team for all his years in denver
            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
            While he sits by his hearth at home.
            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
            That he knows nothing at all.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Snk16
              He may. He definetly has the credentials. Sometimes he isn't regarded as an elite coach sometimes. I think the fact the Broncos don't get as much publicity, he might not get in. HE HAS A GOOD CHANCE THOUGH.
              When the Broncos won the two Super Bowls he was considered a elite coach, but I think that was tarnished to some degree with passage of time and lack of playoff wins. But I think he's getting back to that status.

              He was laughed at for this past draft and the off season moves. Every publication I read from predicted that we would be at the bottom of divison by the end of the season. But look where we end up, divison title in hand, 13-3 record, and the number 2 seed in the playoffs. Imho he deserves being coach of the year as much as Lovie Smith. Anyway I really think he'll end up in the Hall of Fame.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • #8
                It wouldn't suprise me one bit if Shanny does some day get in the HOF. He has my approval! Overall, he's the best Head Coach Denver has ever had.
                Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                Comment


                • #9
                  he should be in the HoF.....two super bowl wins and a really high winning percentage....but one more super bowl would do it
                  sigpic
                  DROY

                  Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I really hope he does make it. It would be a DISGRACE if he did not.


                    [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      I was just looking at Shanahan's record as head coach of the Broncos and thinking he really has had a great career so far as the head coach of the Broncos.

                      Seven of his 13 seasons he his teams have finished with double digit wins '05, '04, '03, '00, '98, '97 and '96. Six of those seasons he finished with 10 wins or more. Five of them with 11 or more, and four of those seasons he had 12 or more wins.

                      He's only had one losing season in '99 and only twice has he finished with a .500 record.

                      Do you think Shanahan will go to the HoF after he retires which may not be for quite awhile?


                      Yes, he will be a HOF coach. Expecially if we win the Superbowl this year
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                      Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        Seven of his 13 seasons he his teams have finished with double digit wins '05, '04, '03, '00, '98, '97 and '96. Six of those seasons he finished with 10 wins or more. Five of them with 11 or more, and four of those seasons he had 12 or more wins.

                        Sorry to say this, but I'm confused. 7 seasons have double-digit wins (this means 10+), but 6 of them he finished with 10 wins or more? o_O
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think if he wins the SB with a QB not named Elway that there is a real good chance he will get in. Also, it depends on how much longer he coaches. He is still pretty young, so if he coaches for another 20 years or so, he could have a ton of wins under his name, not too mention hopefully more SB's with the Broncos.
                          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If he were to retire today I'd say no. He needs some more good years and to prove he can do something in the playoffs without Elway and Davis. Unfair as that may be, that will be the knock against him.
                            Where does the abuse of end? Where?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              this is a tough one. he's very borderline and i feel that if he gets one more Super Bowl he's a lock for the hall of fame


                              Made by Snk16

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X