Watts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watts?

Was anyone else as surprised as I was that D. Watts wasn't active for the last game? Considering that all the backups was supposed to get some playing time, was he injured, or is this the end of the Watts era in Denver? Sad to see such a good talent that cant seem to produce with any consisitency.....Any thoughts?

yea I think this is the end of the Watts era he will be released def. like LeSeur was

Comment

I am not sure what his health status is but I am glad that we have third and fourth receivers that can actually catch.

Comment

I remember when we took Watts I was a little worried to lanky but at least I though he could catch..well I was wrong and he also lost us that Atlanta game last year..... [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
          I remember when we took Watts I was a little worried to lanky but at least I though he could catch..well I was wrong and he also lost us that Atlanta game last year..... [email protected]
          It's his mangled hand. It's a shame. I think if he didn't have the hand problem, he would have been great for the team. His yards after catch in college were great. But, it doesn't look like it is ever going to happen at the pro level.
          The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

He lost more games than that one.....remember he dropped a touchdown in the last few seconds against Oakland.....man I am glad he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwheel
              Sad to see such a good talent that cant seem to produce with any consisitency.....Any thoughts?
              Isn't that a contradiction? If you had talent, wouldn't you produce?

Watts is a goner. The writing's been on the wall for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
                Isn't that a contradiction? If you had talent, wouldn't you produce?

Watts is a goner. The writing's been on the wall for quite some time.
                No, because he has great talent, but he has a damaged hand with three fingers that have no feeling in them, hence the drops.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Charlie Adams and Devoe are pretty good 3rd and 4th recievers if I must say.

Comment

Watts had the same diabilities in college and was able to catch the ball. He definitely has speed, can run routes, and get open. I am hoping the Broncos stick with him at least into camp. If he can retain his hand eye co-ordination of the past, he could be a player. If not, you have to let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by tnedator
                      It's his mangled hand. It's a shame. I think if he didn't have the hand problem, he would have been great for the team. His yards after catch in college were great. But, it doesn't look like it is ever going to happen at the pro level.
                      I have a feeling that if we end up cutting him it will come back to bite us. Someone else will pick him up and he'll eat us alive when we face him.
                      http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

It must be the hand

He's been inactive for ten straight games now. Why didnt they just release him?

Again, it must be because of the hand. They must feel that if he can get better, he can still be a player here, otherwise, Shanny would let him go and free up the spot.

If not the hand, then it's pretty clear his career here is over. Be interesting to see what happens here...............

Comment

I think Watts will get one more training camp to get his act together. If he doesn't shine after that he's gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwheel
                            Was anyone else as surprised as I was that D. Watts wasn't active for the last game? Considering that all the backups was supposed to get some playing time, was he injured, or is this the end of the Watts era in Denver? Sad to see such a good talent that cant seem to produce with any consisitency.....Any thoughts?
                            He's done. I feel bad for him. The guy was incredibly quick and ran routes like an ultra-high speed precision router. He just had cement blocks for hands.
                            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Charlie Adams and Devoe are pretty good 3rd and 4th recievers if I must say.
                              Are you kidding? We have the worst third receiver of any of the playoff teams in the AFC and it is not even close. Our top two guys are our only real threats and they are average. WR is definately an area we need to upgrade. Especially with Smith aging.

Comment

Working...
                              X