Give Putzier some credit please...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give Putzier some credit please...!

I cant believe people are bashing Jeb...Putzier has caught so many needed balls and takes the biggest hits in the NFL and sticks in there. Also he can block like crazy.. Why are people bashing him?

I'm happy with Jeb as our Tight End...he's made enough big catches, blocked well, and took the hits...
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Thank you finally theres one who respects his hard work!

Comment

I'm not bashing Jeb. He's tough and done a great job this year! Everytime I see him get the crap beat out of him, it reminds me of nasties that Eddie Mac use to take!
        Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
          I cant believe people are bashing Jeb...Putzier has caught so many needed balls and takes the biggest hits in the NFL and sticks in there. Also he can block like crazy.. Why are people bashing him?
          just don't listen to the retards....pretty simple, its what i do

Comment

Whos been bashing him? Thats news to me, who ever is bashing the guy is a fool, however some are giving alot of props to Wesley Duke, I hope your not viewing that as disrespect towards Jeb because its not!

Comment

Maybe you mean my post? I wasn't bashing the guy. I was just saying that Duke seemed to be in on some key plays, and maybe the Broncos might use that to their benefit. Also, I was wondering about the abilities of Duke, not Putzier.

I do wonder why Putzier has taken some really violent hits. They showed a few "highlights" of the hits he's received. It makes me wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by jtomasik
                Maybe you mean my post? I wasn't bashing the guy. I was just saying that Duke seemed to be in on some key plays, and maybe the Broncos might use that to their benefit. Also, I was wondering about the abilities of Duke, not Putzier.

I do wonder why Putzier has taken some really violent hits. They showed a few "highlights" of the hits he's received. It makes me wonder why.
                I know what you mean, its hard to say certain things at times because people misunderstand it.
                Also Im not down playing Jebs abilities, I luv the guy hes great but at the same time I understand that we have to get our best 11 guys on the field, wether it Be Jeb, Stephan Alexander or Wesley Duke.
                But we all appreciate Jebs abilities and Im glad that hes here.

Comment

I'm not sure it's as much bashing Jeb as hoping Duke will turn into the next Gates. I don't think the two have to go hand in hand. We run a bunch of two tight end sets. If Duke develops the way we hope, then imagine him and Jeb both lined up?

Duke has the speed to go out wide or line up in the slot, so that gives the option of deception. Lineup in a two tight end set that looks like run all the way, then motion Duke wide...

I like the idea of both of them flourishing in the system.
                  The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Well . . .

Originally posted by tnedator
                    I'm not sure it's as much bashing Jeb as hoping Duke will turn into the next Gates. I don't think the two have to go hand in hand. We run a bunch of two tight end sets. If Duke develops the way we hope, then imagine him and Jeb both lined up?

Duke has the speed to go out wide or line up in the slot, so that gives the option of deception. Lineup in a two tight end set that looks like run all the way, then motion Duke wide...

I like the idea of both of them flourishing in the system.
                    Not sure about Duke's speed. According to this chart, Duke is the slowest of the TEs. The one with outstanding speed seems to be Alexander, which may have been partially responsible for his Pro Bowl year. However, there is such thing as straight-line speed as opposed to football speed. Terrell David, for instance, had football speed, and MA seems to have that same attribute. Neither would particularly impress anyone with their 40 times, but get them onto a football field and . . . . well, how about a 93-yard run and 80-yard screen pass, both for touchdowns? Duke might have that same attribute, but he has not played enough to really find out. But it would be a mistake just to assume he does.

We have some gems in Putz, Alexander, Jackson, and possibly Duke. My concern is not the talent there . . . . we are loaded at the position. Just look at them, for pity's sake! My concern is that our offensive schemes have not seemed to include them and take advantage of the talent there. Perhaps I'm wrong. But it just seems Putz's shortcomings may not be him but may be the offensive schemes that don't sufficiently use him and his pals there.

I would surely like to know.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                      Not sure about Duke's speed. According to this chart, Duke is the slowest of the TEs. The one with outstanding speed seems to be Alexander, which may have been partially responsible for his Pro Bowl year. However, there is such thing as straight-line speed as opposed to football speed. Terrell David, for instance, had football speed, and MA seems to have that same attribute. Neither would particularly impress anyone with their 40 times, but get them onto a football field and . . . . well, how about a 93-yard run and 80-yard screen pass, both for touchdowns? Duke might have that same attribute, but he has not played enough to really find out. But it would be a mistake just to assume he does.

We have some gems in Putz, Alexander, Jackson, and possibly Duke. My concern is not the talent there . . . . we are loaded at the position. Just look at them, for pity's sake! My concern is that our offensive schemes have not seemed to include them and take advantage of the talent there. Perhaps I'm wrong. But it just seems Putz's shortcomings may not be him but may be the offensive schemes that don't sufficiently use him and his pals there.

I would surely like to know.

-----

Agree 100%. I think we need to put a further emphasis on the TEs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        Agree 100%. I think we need to put a further emphasis on the TEs.
                        MUG, when you agree with me, you've got to PM me to warn me or something.
                        It's hard on this old body to be falling out of this chair!

-----

Comment

MUG, when you agree with me, you've got to PM me to warn me or something.
                          It's hard on this old body to be falling out of this chair!

-----

lol, I think I agree with you on everything but the D-line. But then, we quasi-agree on that too. Happy New Year Top.

Comment

Not sure about Duke's speed. According to this chart, Duke is the slowest of the TEs. The one with outstanding speed seems to be Alexander, which may have been partially responsible for his Pro Bowl year. However, there is such thing as straight-line speed as opposed to football speed. Terrell David, for instance, had football speed, and MA seems to have that same attribute. Neither would particularly impress anyone with their 40 times, but get them onto a football field and . . . . well, how about a 93-yard run and 80-yard screen pass, both for touchdowns? Duke might have that same attribute, but he has not played enough to really find out. But it would be a mistake just to assume he does.-----

Wow, based on the things I have read and commentators on TV, I would have though Duke was faster than that. I have heard players say that Jeb has deceptive speed and that once he gets up to speed he motors, but doesn't look as fast as he is.

Ferguson's speed surprised me, since I have heard him referred to as not a very good cover corner, which I generally associate with speed, but I guess speed isn't everything when it comes to covering receivers.
                            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
                              Whoa... did I miss something? Who's bashing Jeb? He's doing a great job for us and so is Alexander.
                              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Working...
                              X