Confirmed: Kubiak to be interviewed for Houston job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: Kubiak to be interviewed for Houston job

What team do you think will hire him or what team would you want him to go too, because from the looks of things there will be a few teams that will need a head coach and Kubiak will be high on the list. I think it will be the Texans, he played college there and Reeves his former head coach is now the Special Advisor to the Texans.
    Texans[ Reeves Knows first hand that shanny's offense wins super bowls]
    87.50%
    Lions[ Mcmillian has tried every other west coast style coach, he might as well keep on track]
    5.00%
    Raiders[ Al's Ultimate Revenge part 2]
    5.00%
    Chiefs[ If Di.cky Vermin Retires in a trail of Tears]
    0.00%
    Rams[ They locked out their sick coach during a game, He will be history]
    0.00%
    Vikes[ Not sure if Tice will survive Sex Boat and no Playoffs]
    2.50%
    Saints[ Anybody who goes here as a Coach or Free Agent is Nuts]
    0.00%
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Well I hope he doesn't leave the Broncos. He is a great offensive coordinator. But I wouldn't be surprised if Houston offered him a job, he did come from Texas A&M.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
      Well I hope he doesn't leave the Broncos. He is a great offensive coordinator. But I wouldn't be surprised if Houston offered him a job, he did come from Texas A&M.
      Yeah, not only did he play for Texas A&M but he was one hell of a good QB for them, A local hero comes home is a good ticket Seller for such a troubled Team.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

i would like to see him here, i think hes a good cordinator. he had his chance to go for a HC job a few years ago and stayed in Denver, i hope he still stays.

Comment

It doesn't matter to me.

Just as long as he goes somewhere.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by billymischke_33
            i would like to see him here, i think hes a good cordinator. he had his chance to go for a HC job a few years ago and stayed in Denver, i hope he still stays.
            Id like to see him stay too because he has finally built up a good working relationship with plummer, you can see it paying off on the field.

Comment

Unless they go to the Super Bowl, I don't think he is hired anywhere. There is too much question right now about whether he or Mike makes this offense go. If they go to, and especially if they win, the super bowl, then it won't matter, because a lot of these struggling teams will want a Super Bowl winning coordinator. It won't matter if he is or isn't responsible for the offense at that point, it will be about fan perception.
              The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I heard he's been interviewed for head coaching jobs in the past but never got offers because he gives a piss poor interview. I wonder how he manages to do that? Like if he's asked "Where do you honestly see this team in three years?" does he say "Competing to become the first 0-16 team in history!" or what? I mean, I've never been interviewed for a head coaching job, but should it really be that hard to tell a GM what he wants to hear?
                A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I'd hate to see him go but Kubes will be the first of the Shannahan disciples to get a head coaching job...others will follow.

I am sure Shannahan will be giviing advice on which situations to avoid ie Al "Lying Welching Weasel" Davis.

Where ever he goes he'll do just fine.
                  As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Reeves, if he's asked for his suggestions, would NEVER hire a Shanahan prodige... they didn't exactly get along. So I don't see him going to Houston.

He won't go to the Chiefs. Why would the Chiefs try to compete against Shanahan with the guy that could never get out from under Mike's shadow? Not exactly a way to build support from the Chief fans. Carl will try to make a big splash with his hiring.. and I bet he goes with an offensive minded coach to take advantage of what they have to work with right NOW.

Tice has kept his job after making such a great run at the end of the season with his back-up QB. The sex boat is NO big deal. That was completely blown out of proportion by the media. I think the only thing that was charged was a simple fine for basically indecent exposure in public. So what??

No way Al Davis has anything to do with any coach coming from Shanahan... not to mention there is NO way Kubiak puts himself in that situation after learning from Mike for so many years.

I wish he would go to a team in the AFC West (although I know it won't happen). I would love to play against him twice a year.

Saints...this is an interesting choice.

Detroit. Another very interesting choice.

St. Louis?? Noooo way. Our offense is WAyyyyyyyy too conservative for them. THey are the greatest show on turf. They are used to the offenses going DOWN the field.

I wish he would go somewhere in the AFC West (although I know that will NEVER happen).. I would LOVE to play against him twice a year!
                    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 12-31-2005, 11:57 PM.

Comment

He'd go to Houston, where he lives, and wants the job. He said back when they started up thats really the only place he would take the job. And Reeves is merely a consultant. He isnt "hiring" anyone.

No way he goes to Oakland. He saw how Al payed Mike, and he's not going to set himself up to not get paid.....................

Comment

Like I have been saying in all my posts...the next team that Kubiak is the HC of will be the Broncos when Shanny decides top call it quits. I think this has been Kubiak's plan all along...to be Shanny's successor! Shanny is the mentor, the mastermind, the king of Spades, and Kubiak is the apprentice and I believe the appointed successor of Shanny when that time comes!!!

I definitely am sick of everyone talking about Kubiak leaving the Broncos! Trust me fellas...we need Kubiak, and we definitely do not want him leaving Denver!!!
                        Last edited by Jaxyoup; 01-01-2006, 12:47 AM.

Comment

texans definitely seem the most logical
                          gary played for A&M, and reeves knows how good gary is; the texans need to revitalize their offense, and carr + bush would be very intriguing for someone from the shanny system; the texans have a horrid o-line, and while kubiak isn't alex gibbs, he would certainly make a huge improvement with them.

i think if the texans were to get bush, and gary went over with them...they may be a pretty good team next year.

Comment

ha

of course hes leaving 4 the texans wouldnt u 4 reggie bush

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                              What team do you think will hire him or what team would you want him to go too, because from the looks of things there will be a few teams that will need a head coach and Kubiak will be high on the list. I think it will be the Texans, he played college there and Reeves his former head coach is now the Special Advisor to the Texans.
                              How about stay with the Broncos as an option?
                              Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X